News- Victory !!!! RCCL Recalls Fuel Surcharge !!!!

That is a nice deal. Combine the OBC with the shareholder OBC and that takes care of much of the prepaid tips...but as we will add more and have drinks etc...we will still have a nice bill come next Thursday when it is time to disembark.

WOW, that's great.

So we paid a deposit in October, and did not pay in full. So then, we will get a refund, and not onboard credit, right?

I so glad.

My understanding is if you sailed already, you'll get a refund. If you have paid in full but haven't sailed, you'll get OBC. Since you are not paid in full and haven't paid the fuel supplement, they'll probably just deduct it from your final payment amount. I was already paid in full for my April cruise, so I didn't have to pay the fuel surcharge. But this means we will get $180 OBC for our July cruise, as we have two cabins booked.

"Royal Caribbean will eliminate the fuel supplement for any guests who had a booking made prior to November 16. Guests booked before November 16 who paid the fuel supplement and have taken their cruise will receive a refund through the form of payment used to purchase their sailing. Guests booked before November 16 who paid the fuel supplement and have not taken their cruise will receive their refund as an onboard credit during their sailing."

Wonder if this will apply to "Next Cruise" option? We did this on our cruise last summer, but "officially" chose our cruise after the "official" RCCL November date. I'm betting not, but it would be nice!

;)

Wonder if this will apply to "Next Cruise" option? We did this on our cruise last summer, but "officially" chose our cruise after the "official" RCCL November date. I'm betting not, but it would be nice!

;)

Betting it wont either..:p

Yep, I knew that, :o just checking if the rest of you were on your toes!!! :D :D (I just didn't read it all correctly!)

hahah........

Cruises booked after Nov 16th will still pay the surcharge.........

Correct...and I have no problem with that because the surcharge was announced at that time.

Its those of us who booked before then, believing our price was locked in and were blindsided by this surcharge who rightfully are now excluded from it.

My understanding is if you sailed already, you'll get a refund. If you have paid in full but haven't sailed, you'll get OBC. Since you are not paid in full and haven't paid the fuel supplement, they'll probably just deduct it from your final payment amount. I was already paid in full for my April cruise, so I didn't have to pay the fuel surcharge. But this means we will get $180 OBC for our July cruise, as we have two cabins booked.

"Royal Caribbean will eliminate the fuel supplement for any guests who had a booking made prior to November 16. Guests booked before November 16 who paid the fuel supplement and have taken their cruise will receive a refund through the form of payment used to purchase their sailing. Guests booked before November 16 who paid the fuel supplement and have not taken their cruise will receive their refund as an onboard credit during their sailing."

You would get credited 140, for 2 cabins.

Let's see how happy everyone is when the cruise lines start making more cuts in places like the food budget to make up for this. If you think it won't happen just wait and see. The cruise lines are not going to lose money on this refund.

They have been making cuts all along, just from a cruise on Monarch in Jan, to last week I saw a change.

I wonder if that is why they stopped giving the cookbooks and went to totes, baseball caps and a mini flashlight like I received last week..maybe a decision was in the works and they cut back on the "gift."

WOW, that's great.

So we paid a deposit in October, and did not pay in full. So then, we will get a refund, and not onboard credit, right?

I so glad.

You would get neither. The charge will be eliminated when making your final payment.

Let's see how happy everyone is when the cruise lines start making more cuts in places like the food budget to make up for this. If you think it won't happen just wait and see. The cruise lines are not going to lose money on this refund.

ok there, debbie downer:p

but it is still in place for those who bought after november 16th? I booked my cruise in January. so I will still get charged. that is stupid and completely unfair.

I don't view it as unfair, because you knew about the surcharge when you booked in January..............I booked February 2007 for my cruise in 3 weeks.......the surcharge was announced in Nov. 2007.

Archived