Tote Bags

wagger50

Is HAL still giving each cabin a tote bag to use on board?

We are sailing 04/22 thru the Panama on the Westerdam.

Thanks

We got them on the Zuiderdam in February, the night before the first port of call.

They sound really nice. I can't wait to get mine from the Eurodam in December!! :D Do they have the ship's name on them and can I take it home at the end of the cruise? Does anyone have a picture of one? I'd love to see what they look like!! :D

The totes are ours to keep. Some folks use them as tote bags for shopping and others as beach bag. Some have even collected and made vests, hats, pocketbooks etc from them. They do not have the ship's name on them But they have my favorite logo....the one in my signature. :)

They sound really nice. I can't wait to get mine from the Eurodam in December!! :D Do they have the ship's name on them and can I take it home at the end of the cruise? Does anyone have a picture of one? I'd love to see what they look like!! :D

Here is one (next to 2lb bag of sugar for comparison):

1529315704_HALbag.jpg.d1344a54d74e361ffa38fbe98000d564.jpg

Yes, it would be the same bag. Through the years, they have stayed basically the same. The cloth changes from time to time. It might be thicker or denser or whatever. The design printed has changed sometimes but they are about the same size and shape. They're very handy and I use them often at home for various things.

Recently DH and I had to overnight at a nearby hotel for a convenience factor. Didn't need change of clothes except for clean shirt and undies, needed basic toilet articles and a few very small odds and ends. Fit it all in the HAL tote and it worked out fine. And I liked bringing HAL with me. :)

They're very handy and I use them often at home for various things.

They have joined our collection of canvas bags that have replaced plastic shopping bags. Living in New York City, there's always one in my backpack for quick shopping after work.

On our recent back-to-back Westerdam cruises we received the usual canvas bag the first week. The second week we received a blue vinyl bag. The vinyl bag is the same size as the cloth ones. It is dark blue with white lettering. Top line, Holland America Line - second line, A Signature of Excellence - third line, the HAL logo. My DW asked our Room Steward about the difference. He answered that it was a bonus bag.

We have several of the dark blue vinyl canvas ones and I love them. We got one like that on Rotterdam when we did back-to-backs for Christmas/Millenium New Years Eve. We also got them for some other back-to-backs. They're great looking and very handy....much better in the rain than the cotton canvas.

We got this one on the Noordam in late February:

gift from HAL

It's a nice smallish one, not big enough for a beach bag probably, but a little bigger than my purse, so I could stash apples, water, camera, etc for port days (especially those 7-1 1/2 days)

The totes are ours to keep. Some folks use them as tote bags for shopping and others as beach bag. Some have even collected and made vests, hats, pocketbooks etc from them. They do not have the ship's name on them But they have my favorite logo....the one in my signature.

Thanks, they sound awesome!! :D It's nice that we get to keep them, that'll come in very handy at home I'm sure. I can't wait to get mine this December from the Eurodam!! :D Do you think they might have a special one because it's the ship's inagural season as well as her 1st ever New Years?

I like the logo as well and I haven't even sailed with HAL yet!! :D

Here is one (next to 2lb bag of sugar for comparison):

[ATTACH]74023[/ATTACH]

Thanks, it looks really nice!! :D What's it made out of and what des it say at the bottom underneath where it says "Holland America Line: A Tradition of Exellence"? It's too small, I can't read it. :(

Do you think they might have a special one because it's the ship's inagural season as well as her 1st ever New Years?

I highly doubt it. The totes are the same throughout the line.

I was on the Noordam's third cruise---totes were generic.

The totes used to list out all the ships in the HAL line, but there were many changes, so quickly, that it was hard (read: more expen$ive) for HAL to keep changing them all the time. So, now the bags may change when the supply runs out. Not before.

Thanks, it looks really nice!! :D

You are welcome.

What's it made out of

Canvas .

and what does it say at the bottom underneath where it says "Holland America Line: A Tradition of Exellence"? It's too small, I can't read it.

It lists where HAL cruises:

"Alaska - Asia & Pacific - Canada & New England - Caribbean - Europe - Hawaii - Mexico - Pacific Northwest - Panama Canal - South America - Grand World Voyage"

It was great for HMC, we carried all our necessities ashore in the tote bag.

I agree .. they are just the right size for my dear wife to carry .. while I fumble along attempting to figure out which chairs are optimal to sit on while there .. as almost all are, I am always befuddled on HMC ..

harry

I loved my tote bag and washed it; it shrank and never looked the same. So I gave it away. Another cruise on HAL one day and hopefully will get another bag!:)

All of the bag we received smelled a bit like oil so we washed them when we came home and they are fine, never shrunk. We may have even thrown them in the dryer too but I don't remember exactly.

Archived