Smoking policy on Princess Ships: In particular the Crown Princess

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

I have read several posts regarding the Crown. Unless I missed it, no one mentioned anything about the smoking on board. I am hopeful this is not an issue.

I do not smoke. With that said, do they allow smoking in the cabins? If so, this is for all of you non smokers out there, could you smell any smoke within your cabin?

Thanks

Greetings,

I have read several posts regarding the Crown. Unless I missed it, no one mentioned anything about the smoking on board. I am hopeful this is not an issue.

I do not smoke. With that said, do they allow smoking in the cabins? If so, this is for all of you non smokers out there, could you smell any smoke within your cabin?

Thanks

I smoke and I never have and never will smoke in a cabin. Its your bedroom for a week and I dont smoke in my bedroom at home. Plus you do share it with 52 other couples every year and I just think its kind of rude. I also prefer smoking outside.... sorry if my balcony smoke has ever bothered anyone.

DH and I are very sensitive to smoke and the smell of smoke. When we sailed in January on the Golden, we didn't smell any smoke in our room although people can apparently smoke in all of the rooms on Princess. We could smell smoke in hallways outside of some rooms, but nothing in our room. I don't know how they do it.

As a reformed smoker for more than 30 years I have never smelled smoke in our cabins. However I am delighted to learn that Celebrity has announced a new "no smoking policy" and suspect it will only be a short time before others follow suit.

As a reformed smoker for more than 30 years I have never smelled smoke in our cabins. However I am delighted to learn that Celebrity has announced a new "no smoking policy" and suspect it will only be a short time before others follow suit.

Want to bet ?

This is in line with what RCI has done (or will be implementing), and makes sense, given that they are under the same corporate umbrella.

We never had an issue with second hand smoke, until the CB. Everyone around us, seemed to constantly be on their balcony smoking. Uncanny really. We would go out on the balcony, and within a minute, next door was out, making a ruckus with their chairs, and lighting up. If I had to guess, I'd say they didn't leave their room much. :p

In any event, not a fan of smoking....:cool:

Want to bet ?

I never thought Disney would go non-smoking due to all the foreign guests they have but they did in all their hotels and have only designated smoking areas in the parks.

Serene..my apologies i had 2 windows open, one with the picture of the new Carnival ship and the other with the celebrity story regarding smoking policy and mixed them up...:(

sorry about that... but if it happens remember you heard it here first...:)

Serene..my apologies i had 2 windows open, one with the picture of the new Carnival ship and the other with the celebrity story regarding smoking policy and mixed them up...:(

sorry about that... but if it happens remember you heard it here first...:)

whew- I didnt think Carnival would do that- They afterall know first hand what it was like to take the smoking away from the public.

It doesnt seem to be hurting ROyal for the no smoking in cabins.. But i really dont understand how they are enforcing it--when you can smoke ont he balcony-- cant the smoke enter the cabins?

I was trying to book a room in aruba--and was very surprised at the amount of resorts that do not allow smoking in any rooms--

Just returned from the Crown Princess. You can smoke in the cabins, however when you make your preferences REQUEST a NO SMoking room. We never smelled cig. smoke. However people can some cigars on the patios of the rooms and we did smell tht from 2 rooms down. HORRIBLE ! I don't think it should be allowed. Maybe what the lines should do is have a totally smoke free ship ! dojaka

Greetings,

Thanks

I hadn't thought about it until your post. I sailed Crown in February and did not notice. That indicates I've become immune to it, or maybe it's just fewer people are smoking. Not many can even afford it.:p

Hi,

We're in Cabin C-753 on the Emerald as I write, and we have a nasty

cigar smoker next door who has nearly ruined our ability to use our

balcony. Every single time we're out there, he's out there. It's as if

he never leaves, and I always thought by having an aft-facing

cabin it would help the smoking issue. No such luck in the case of

the cigar, as the odor really lingers.

Other than that, it's been a great cruise, but Princess really needs to

reconsider allowing cigar smoking on board.

As for other smoking issues, this is the first Princess ship we've been

on which has a lot of no-smoking placards posted all around the two

middle pools, and they've clearly alloted a very small area near the

non-MUTS pool, so in that regard, it seems as if they are really trying.

However, a difference that DH and I ahve noticed is Club Fusion does

have a smoking section on this ship, and the odor is quite pronounced

upon entry to the club. We've never noticed the odor on the Diamond

and Sapphire, and seem to remember CF as being non-smoking on other

ships. Perhaps we are mistaken. OTOH, Explorer's Lounge has no

cigarette odor at all, and on all the other ships we've noticed pronounced

odor from one tiny section of Exp. Lounge;

but no smoking is allowed in the dining areas.

Hope that addresses some of the OP's smoking concerns since Crown

is identical to Emerald P.

Just returned from the Crown Princess. You can smoke in the cabins, however when you make your preferences REQUEST a NO SMoking room. We never smelled cig. smoke. However people can some cigars on the patios of the rooms and we did smell tht from 2 rooms down. HORRIBLE ! I don't think it should be allowed. Maybe what the lines should do is have a totally smoke free ship ! dojaka

You can't REQUEST a no smoking room on Princess because they do not have them. Smoking is allowed in all staterooms and on all balconies on a Princess ship.

What you request when you book is a non-smoking room for any pre/post cruise hotels. Princess does not have any non-smoking rooms.

Hi,

Explorer's Lounge has no cigarette odor at all, and on all the other ships we've noticed pronounced odor from one tiny section of Exp. Lounge;

but no smoking is allowed in the dining areas.

Hope that addresses some of the OP's smoking concerns since Crown

is identical to Emerald P.

Explorer's does not allow smoking as I asked if I could have a cigarette there last week.

Archived