Just back from Eurodam visit

Silverwing

We have just returned from visiting the ms Eurodam in Southampton - as we had expected she is a beautiful ship in true Holland America style.

Following the lengthy embarkation checks and a presentation in 'The Mainstage' show lounge, we were treated to a superb three course lunch in the Rembrandt dining room.

Then we were free to wander around the ship armed with our deck plans which helpfully showed all the staterooms which were open to view. As we are sailing on the Prelude cruise from Rotterdam next week we didn't spend much too time in the public areas of the ship, but took the opportunity to see all the different types of stateroom. We headed straight to the Penthouse Suite - likely to be the only time we will ever get inside one of those! Wow - so spacious and beautifully fitted -most impressive ! However, I'm still not convinced about the colour scheme of the staterooms - the stark black sofas weren't really very inviting.

The tent-like cabanas on the Observation Deck were interesting - not at all sure how popular they will be - didn't like the ones on the Lido deck very much either - somehow they all seemed out of place in what should be open areas of the ship.

The Tamarind restaurant was on our 'to see' list. The dinner menu was fantastic. It is a reservation only dining area on the Observation Deck which is free for lunch and $15 for dinner. We are certainly planning to make a reservation for dinner as soon as we get on board. The adjacent Silk Den looked a wonderfully relaxing place to sit - the picture on the Eurodam blog didn't do it justice.

I must make special mention of the glorious flowers - stunning colourful displays everywhere, including in every stateroom. We asked one of the stewards who said they had been specially flown in from Holland - I guess they were out to impress today.

Anyway, we had a fantastic day - everyone we met was friendly, helpful and welcoming - as per usual on a HAL ship! Now I must get packing as we leave for Amsterdam on Sunday - so pleased that it's only going to be a few days before we're back on the Eurodam again and can explore at it properly!

The tent-like cabanas on the Observation Deck were interesting - not at all sure how popular they will be - didn't like the ones on the Lido deck very much either - somehow they all seemed out of place in what should be open areas of the ship.
Are they just on the port side of the Lido pool? What's on the starboard side where the deck plans indicate some partitioning into 5 spaces?

Thank you for the preview. You are the first person to post who has been on this ship. We are on the 3 night cruise from NY over labor day weekend (sort of a North American Inaugural).

I hope they do something special as the per diem is really high and I assume there will be VIP's on board as well.

Thank you for reporting, have a great cruise! If you get up to the VT's I know a few of us want to know if they are really spa suites, and what the water feature in the stateroom may be.

Thank you!

Sharie

Archived