Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

I just wanted to clarify. Carnival is re-classing alot of staterooms across their fleet, so it's not that there won't be any 1A's. It's just what is now a 1A today could possibly be re-classed to a 4A, 5A etc.

I was just wanting to say your list could get out of date after this is finished on any given ship, so be sure to double check with your agent.

If you are booked in a 1A of course it's a 1A. Obviously those 1A's today with bunks, will still be 1A's when it's done. It's just some of the 1A's with two twins may be re-classed to 4a, 4b, etc.

FYI.

I just wanted to clarify. Carnival is re-classing alot of staterooms across their fleet, so it's not that there won't be any 1A's. It's just what is now a 1A today could possibly be re-classed to a 4A, 5A etc.

I was just wanting to say your list could get out of date after this is finished on any given ship, so be sure to double check with your agent.

If you are booked in a 1A of course it's a 1A. Obviously those 1A's today with bunks, will still be 1A's when it's done. It's just some of the 1A's with two twins may be re-classed to 4a, 4b, etc.

FYI.

On the other hand, other than the two "special cabins" on Conquest class or higher that had twin beds and were re-classified BEFORE this entire fleet of reclassification, NO OTHER 1As are being re-classified during this fleet wide reclassification. No 1As are being affected. Its going to take quite a while to finish this re-classification. Why worry about what Carnival might do next time they re-classify ships?

Does anybody know any secrets about the 1A's on Splendor?

I know one secret . . . . that a particular Carnival Splendor 1A cabin on Main deck has a drink coupon hidden in a special location within the cabin, and will eventually be found, offering a free drink to the lucky 'Sherlock'. :)

Does this mean all the Fantasy class 1As are identical with regards to size and configuration?

Size, most likely . . . . but configuaration, definitely not.

I like the configuration on the aft (central hallway) rooms the best, with E181 being my most favorite.

Size, most likely . . . . but configuaration, definitely not.

I like the configuration on the aft (central hallway) rooms the best, with E181 being my most favorite.

that's true. I have one of the sideways configurations on Triumph (not my pick, I would have picked a port hole 1A or one with the two windows).

The sideways cabins will be configured a little different than the longer ones and the door is in another place.

I have 2462 on the Valor booked for November 2009 (identical to 2445 on the Triumph). I booked it a year ago as a 1A and it's now classified as a 6B. If booked now it would cost $1000 more than I will pay for my particular cruise.

Edited by jpg1747

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any pix of the fwd Valor cabins with the portholes?

What about noise/vibrations...are the portholes worth the extra noises...how bad are they?

Any other tips or info about these rooms would be super!

Thanks

Edited by noahsark99

Does anyone have any pix of the aft Valor cabins with the portholes?

What about noise/vibrations...are the portholes worth the extra noises...how bad are they?

Any other tips or info about these rooms would be super!

Thanks

I have a pix of glory port hole cabins, dont think I have Valor. The vibration they are talking about is in the aft. All the port hole cabins are in the front of the ship, where the hull curves. If you are port side you may however hear the anchor drop with some port hole cabins.

Maybe you could give us the cabin # and we could figure it out as I am not aware of any port hole cabins in the aft of Valor. Are you talking about the ones with the two large windows? Those have been changed to 6Bs and are no longer 1As and they didnt have port holes.

You caught my error...I just went in and edited it...sorry :) I meant forward...oops.

I'm looking at the Valor...cabins like 2211, 2212, etc....

Thanks!

2216 and 2217 are supposed to be about 5 more s.f. or 5 feet longer? They are obviously longer on the deck plans too, so they are bigger than 2211 and 2212.

Post #5 has a port hole cabin, showing the convertible sofa before it is made into a bed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725576

Post #10 has another picture of the sofa after it is made up into a bed

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=739857

I have bookmarked some other threads, but you can see in these the cabins are long like a regular OV.

We are sailing on the Carnival Fascination. I know the upper/lowers are for two, but could you request a rollaway so you could fit a third person in there? In our case we have two up/low with my father and son and two college guys. I'd like to let my father have a cabin by himself and put the three guys together. Anyone ever done this?

We are sailing on the Carnival Fascination. I know the upper/lowers are for two, but could you request a rollaway so you could fit a third person in there? In our case we have two up/low with my father and son and two college guys. I'd like to let my father have a cabin by himself and put the three guys together. Anyone ever done this?

Not in the 1As. There will be no room if you got a rollaway in there.

If you booked your dad in a cabin alone the price will be steep-- he would pay 150% of the cruising price.

whats the price difference of getting 1- 1 A and an inside cabin?

Are the 1As not all the same? Thanks!

Nope, some are larger than inside cabins and have port holes, they are 1As because the beds dont push together. Some are odd shaped cabins they placed here and there and stuck between other cabins. Some have upper and lower beds, some have a convertible sofa and one twin. Lots of varieties to 1As. I love them. They are great if you dont need beds that push together.

Even if there was space, Carnival will only let you book 2 into a 1A, they are strictly for 2 people.

I only have two booked in the room. I have two rooms and three college guys and my dad in his sixties. I was wanting to see if we could put a rollaway in one cabin and let the three college guys sleep there and dad have a room to himself.

I only have two booked in the room. I have two rooms and three college guys and my dad in his sixties. I was wanting to see if we could put a rollaway in one cabin and let the three college guys sleep there and dad have a room to himself.

I'v been told the answer is no, they only allow 2 to the cabin. There are a few cabins that even hold 3, there is a picture of one on deck 6 of the Conquest. Book that one and maybe you can tip the cabin steward extra to make up the 3rd bed?? It wouldnt be fair to expect a steward to do the extra work otherwise.

They will not move in a roll away so you can put a 3rd person in a cabin that is only rated for 2. coast guard rules for one thing, you would have to sneak them in to sleep. cant sneak them in at night if you are asking the cabin steward to help.

If you cannot book 3 in the cabin, the cabin steward wouldnt help you sneak in a 3rd person.

OK, I've read the threads, and I've looks at the photos in the links provided and I'm still confused. Again!

I asked this on the Cabin Selections board, thinking Serene would immediately give me the answer to unconfuse me, but she hasn't, yet. ;)

I'm looking at a POSSIBLE solo on Triumph. If I knew for sure I was sailing solo, I'd book 2444 or 2445 (is there any difference at all between those, noise-wise or anything else).

But I "may" be able to talk a friend into going. At our ages, neither would want to be climbing into an upper bunk.

So, one of the forward cabins (a porthole would be nice) on Main should work - one that has a twin and a convertible sofa. Am I correct that the only cabins that have that configuration - on Triumph - are 2211, 2212, 2216 & 2217? Which side is the anchor? Port?

I'd much prefer 2444 or 2445 (and, yes, they're both still available!), but don't want to get stuck with a bunk if there are 2 of us. But don't want to wait too long to book, just in case they all vanish.

If I have a cabin number, is there a way to find out the shape of the cabin and what's exactly in it?

Also, I have booked two in a cabin before and had a rollaway brought in for a child. I've had to do that for kind of the same reason, to get my dad in a room by himself. To add a little humor here, Dad needs the room by himself because he SNORES and also makes a few other sounds, if you know what I mean.

It was cheaper and actually a PVP told me to do this. We've been on several cruises with him, but this is the first time we've booked upper/lower and it was because we got a really good price. It was like $75 less than the inside per person.