Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Thanks for the good info, always useful..And if anyone else has anything to add to this list, please do.

In this spirit I'll add pics of my 1A aboard the GLORY several years ago. This cabin was very narrow with a bunk bed that could come out of the ceiling. Plenty of room for me with the same amount of closet space as a regular cabin.

This cabin must have been located over the main showroom as I could very clearly hear the Carnival dancers and singers practicing in the afternoon.:)

1455415543_Otherhalfofmycabinfromthebathroom.jpg.69edc684c47b27d2c0a3ebd82c063caf.jpg

930855629_Mynarrow1Afromthebed.jpg.32a5964176d7162a079730e3cc1f17cd.jpg

THANK YOU!!! I am booked in R56 on the Sensation in a couple of weeks. I am traveling solo--I was hoping that this room wouldn't be too small. Thank you for the information. I feel much better about the cabin now! Now I can focus on packing!

I am glad I could help! I wish I had taken photos for you. There IS, however, a video on youtube that some other cruiser took of her cabin, that is identical to the one I had. Alas, I happened across her video by accident, and I don't have a clue how to find it again. I just remember noticing she was videotaping a room exactly like mine, so if you can find it, you will know what to expect!

In this spirit I'll add pics of my 1A aboard the GLORY several years ago. This cabin was very narrow with a bunk bed that could come out of the ceiling. Plenty of room for me with the same amount of closet space as a regular cabin.

This cabin must have been located over the main showroom as I could very clearly hear the Carnival dancers and singers practicing in the afternoon.:)

Can you please tell us what cabin # this was on the Glory? I think some of the 1A cabins on this ship have a sofa that opens into a bed. The one you had looks too small for that.

Thanks for any info.

Can you please tell us what cabin # this was on the Glory? I think some of the 1A cabins on this ship have a sofa that opens into a bed. The one you had looks too small for that.

Thanks for any info.

I dont know what cabin he had, but the 1A that Glory and other Conquest class ships have with convertible sofa's dont open up. The pillows are removed from the back and the cabin steward just makes them up then as a bed, well they are made up, just have pillows on the back on the one we stayed in.

Thanks for any info.

If you look at the deckplan on the Carnival site - the rooms with a little triangle have the sofa beds.

You can also check out this site - just click on the ship you want at the bottom right and then go to cabin descriptions and it will tell you exactly what each cabin has.

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/

If you look at the deckplan on the Carnival site - the rooms with a little triangle have the sofa beds.

You can also check out this site - just click on the ship you want at the bottom right and then go to cabin descriptions and it will tell you exactly what each cabin has.

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/

Only problem is on 1As, most of Carnival's site is inaccurate. I had my PVP check 3 cabins, 2 of which I knew had twins, and it showed all 3 as upper and lower, so I wasnt sure I could believe Carnival on the 3rd?

I wouldnt use that site for 1As myself. :confused:

Hey girl--how small is the world?! :) I just had Destiny cabin 2335 for a B2B in Oct08. And, Victory was my first CCL cruise and it was to Canada!!

Destiny cabin 2335 consists of a twin on the floor, an upper pull-down out of the ceiling (it was in its locked position for my cruise as I was solo), and a sofa along with the two picture windows.

Are we cruising yet? :cool:

My friend just booked this cabin for our B2B on the Destiny in October (thanks to this thread!). Do you happen to have any pictures you can share?

I dont know what cabin he had, but the 1A that Glory and other Conquest class ships have with convertible sofa's dont open up. The pillows are removed from the back and the cabin steward just makes them up then as a bed, well they are made up, just have pillows on the back on the one we stayed in.

Thanks to you and Anjoliza for the info.

I did know that the sofas don't open up. I have had them on the Victory and they are perfectly fine. I was just curious about the cabin you showed because it was awfully narrow.

I'm looking at a 1A on the Conquest, but there are only 2 left on my sailing. 1435 and 1207. I've seen a list that says the white space by 1435 is some sort of housekeeping closet. I've been there, done that. :mad: I never got any sleep last time I had a cabin by that kind of area.

But I'm also concerned about the amount of motion being so far forward in 1207. Would it maybe not be as bad because it's such a low deck? And just how loud is the sound of the waves hitting the ship? Really loud, or just "white noise" loud?

LOL, maybe I just need to choose another sailing where there are more cabin choices! :D

I'm looking at a 1A on the Conquest, but there are only 2 left on my sailing. 1435 and 1207. I've seen a list that says the white space by 1435 is some sort of housekeeping closet. I've been there, done that. :mad: I never got any sleep last time I had a cabin by that kind of area. :D

1207 is on the starboard side, which means the anchor probably wouldnt wake you up .... and it has port holes.

to me there would be no question between those two, Id take 1207 so I could see out, plus it probably is a little larger cabin.

I had the choice of 1207 or 6393, so took the higher deck, but if I had your choice Id take the port hole without a question.

Thanks for any info.

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue as to what the cabin number was. I can say it was forward of the last bank of elevators (the ones just forward of the atrium glass elevators). It was on the starboard side of the ship and inside, of course, and high enough on the ship to be above the seating in the main showroom.

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue as to what the cabin number was. I can say it was forward of the last bank of elevators (the ones just forward of the atrium glass elevators). It was on the starboard side of the ship and inside, of course, and high enough on the ship to be above the seating in the main showroom.

I have a clue now . . . went to deck plans and picked the upper deck (first deck that has cabins above the main showroom) forward of the most forward elevators and BINGO ! ! there is was . . . Cabin #6227 Upper Deck :)

I have a clue now . . . went to deck plans and picked the upper deck (first deck that has cabins above the main showroom) forward of the most forward elevators and BINGO ! ! there is was . . . Cabin #6227 Upper Deck :)

wow, thanks, didnt think about that one. That one was open too when I was picking, but passed it up. Glad to see a picture of that one in case there arent other choices.

I'm looking at a 1A on the Conquest, but there are only 2 left on my sailing. 1435 and 1207. I've seen a list that says the white space by 1435 is some sort of housekeeping closet. I've been there, done that. :mad: I never got any sleep last time I had a cabin by that kind of area.

But I'm also concerned about the amount of motion being so far forward in 1207. Would it maybe not be as bad because it's such a low deck? And just how loud is the sound of the waves hitting the ship? Really loud, or just "white noise" loud?

LOL, maybe I just need to choose another sailing where there are more cabin choices! :D

btw we had cabin 2211 right above 1207 and yes, we heard the waves some, but they didnt bother us at all, its a ship, wave noise to me is natural sounding, so maybe it depends on the person if you are bothered by wave noise? Once it sounded loud enough that it woke me up.

I had a 1A on Conquest room 1207, it does have two porthole round windows... Im a sound sleeper, so the anchor didn't bother me, but yes you could hear it if your a light sleeper.

1207 is on the starboard side, which means the anchor probably wouldnt wake you up .... and it has port holes.

to me there would be no question between those two, Id take 1207 so I could see out, plus it probably is a little larger cabin.

I had the choice of 1207 or 6393, so took the higher deck, but if I had your choice Id take the port hole without a question.

wow, thanks, didnt think about that one. That one was open too when I was picking, but passed it up. Glad to see a picture of that one in case there arent other choices.

Little bonus there, also, firefly. You can hear the Carnival dancers and singers practicing in the afternoon (then decided to take my nap on the Lido deck).:rolleyes: If you turn in early and there is a midnite comedy hour you're not attending this could be a problem. Didn't bother me, I sleep like a baby.This configuration is my absolute favorite. :)

For those pondering the SPLENDOR, this cabin also exists in the same spot and number on her deck configuration also.

Edited by glrounds

hey erin, thats what we booked was the 1a, going to so caribbean, but had to change it to nyc and ended up with the single and sofa, 2202 as you already posted lol. and definately will be taking a photo of it lol as long as it doesnt roll me out of bed it can rock me to sleep all it wants lol

Thanks for all the quick answers! I think I'm convinced. The only concern I have left now is whether it's really a lot more of a rocky ride that far forward. I don't usually have any trouble with seasickness, but then I usually book a cabin toward the middle.

Greenolie,

Thank you so much for the indepth review of your cabin. Traveling solo. I will be on the Esctasy in August. Going with friends, but I didn't want to be to crouded in a room with my friend, and his son's. So I decided to book an inside 1A cabin.

I have cabin #U169. It sounds like I will really enjoy my cabin, what little time I will be in it.

If anyone has pics of a cabin with bunk beds, please post them. I woud greatly appreciate it.

Warren