Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Thanks for the photos! I have this room in Feb and I'm very excited. Could you describe the anchor noise and what time of day it occurs? I sleep with ear plugs on cruises, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

I would think it would depend on if you have a tender port where you anchor. For instance Cayman Islands is a tender port, but they dont put down a anchor where they usually stop. IF there is a anchor, it would be about 5 or 6 am. .. Iv never heard it.. but we did hear noise from the tenders in Caymans...we were next to them evidently from the bumping sounds on the hull when the tender boat kept bumping it.

I was in 2211, which is next to 2217 on Conquest. Same class as you. Iv also been there on Ecstasy and never heard the anchor, no tender ports.

I was in 2211, which is next to 2217 on Conquest. Same class as you. Iv also been there on Ecstasy and never heard the anchor, no tender ports.

Hey Fire...I'm in 2211 on Liberty in a few weeks. You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

We're only scheduled to tender at one port: HMC. Any idea if they use the anchor there?

Hey Fire...I'm in 2211 on Liberty in a few weeks. You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

We're only scheduled to tender at one port: HMC. Any idea if they use the anchor there?

I have some pics of next door which is pretty similar on a thread I have marked at home. Im not home right now or Id post a link. It was a great cabin for us. The twin was long ways next to the window and the sofa bed was along the way up and down, so they were 90 degrees which made the whole space inside open. Good for my sister who has mobility issues. We loved that set up. I have 2211 on Triumph coming up, at least so far. I could have "upgraded" to a cheaper inside cabin, but kept the port hole cabin and higher price 1A.

Someone on your roll call is sure to know if HMC is a tender port. I havent yet gone.

HMC is a tender port - and from what I have 'read' the anchor noise is more prominent on the port side of the ship - so if you can try and get the 1As on the starboard (right) side of the ship - hoping this might aleviate some of the anchor noise issues!

I thought I would post some pics of my 1A on the Imagination the other week. It was cabin E183. Most of the 1A cabins on the fantasy class ships look like this.

View from the door:

018-1.jpg

View from the corner looking at the closet area (bathroom is across from the closet):

020-1.jpg

View from the doorway to the bathroom:

019.jpg

The bathroom (the shower was normal sized and on the left)

021-2.jpg

Overall I really liked the room since I was solo. It was definitely enough space. If i had any problems it was the location of the TV. It made it impossible to lay in bed and watch it. Also, I pulled my bed out about a foot from the wall. I was terrified I would be suddenly woken up in the middle of the night, raise my head quickly and split it open on the upper bunk!

I would book this room again in a heartbeat if I was by myself (I doubt I would with another person, but you could manage). The location on Empress was great ad well. Just walk right to the back, up that "hidden" staircase and you were on the Serenity deck.

If i had any problems it was the location of the TV. It made it impossible to lay in bed and watch it. Also, I pulled my bed out about a foot from the wall. I was terrified I would be suddenly woken up in the middle of the night, raise my head quickly and split it open on the upper bunk!

Just wondering if you were able to actually move the bed - could you have moved it 'under' the 'window' area - eg. with the headboard under the upper bunk and feet towards the tv -so that you could watch tv better? Or was that not possible? (or no better?)...

This is a question for firefly. If you look at the deck plans of the Dream there are 2 1A's on Main deck 2348 and 2377 insides that are mirrored across the middle. Could these be 1A's similar to the 1A's on the conquest class ships. (6393,7345, 8357.)? I know what the standard reply from the PVP is but you know they really have no clue. What is YOUR best guess?

Just wondering if you were able to actually move the bed - could you have moved it 'under' the 'window' area - eg. with the headboard under the upper bunk and feet towards the tv -so that you could watch tv better? Or was that not possible? (or no better?)...

I actually thought about doing that, but never tried it. I think there would have been enough room for the bed to fit that way but I am not positive. i am sure the bed itself would have been able to move as I pulled it out from the wall every night.

This is a question for firefly. If you look at the deck plans of the Dream there are 2 1A's on Main deck 2348 and 2377 insides that are mirrored across the middle. Could these be 1A's similar to the 1A's on the conquest class ships. (6393,7345, 8357.)? I know what the standard reply from the PVP is but you know they really have no clue. What is YOUR best guess?

They look identical to the insides next to them, s.f. wise. My best guess would be they would be more like 2211, 2217 etc and have one twin and one convertible sofa, rather than two twins... but until someone has one we cant be sure. They could be two twins, but then I think they would be sold as regular insides, so my guess is one twin and one convertible sofa, which still isnt bad to me.

I was in a 1A on the Splendor (cabin 2217) this past week and it was great. The only drawback was the noise from the Anchor. WOW! A little loud in port days but otherwise it was a great room. Very spacious as it had 1 single twin bed and 1 convertable sofa. Being as I was travelling as a single, it was GREAT! Not sure I can ever really go back to having a roommate :)

I'll be in this cabin next month. I am so glad to hear you positive feedback. I love the Cat 1A's.

I was forewarned about the anchor, so I think I'll try to get up early so it won't scare me too much. :p Around what time do they drop the anchor?

Is there a seating area to look out the portholes like the window cabins?

I just read another post, regarding the rough seas last week. Did you feel more rocking and did you have to take anything for seasickness? I have never been this forward on a ship before

I can't wait:p

PJ

Been out of the CC/CCL loop for a while -- can someone tell me if CCL has any porthole cabins still classified as 1As? I'm looking to minimize the cost of a solo cruise, but don't want to go without at least a porthole. Thanks.

Yes they most certainly do - I believe they are designated with a 'diamond' shape on the deck plans. Also you can still get the 'special' cabins with the 2 oceanview windows on the Victory and Triumph(2444, 2445) and the Destiny (2334, 2335) as I believe they are still classified as 1As.

Yes they most certainly do - I believe they are designated with a 'diamond' shape on the deck plans. Also you can still get the 'special' cabins with the 2 oceanview windows on the Victory and Triumph(2444, 2445) and the Destiny (2334, 2335) as I believe they are still classified as 1As.

Excellent; I'll have to see if anything is available anytime soon. Need a vaca desperately! Thanks very much.

Edited by Leo Jay

These are still 1As on Destiny. My girlfriend is in 2335 in 17 days on our B2B on Destiny!! GREAT cabin for a solo traveler!

i just got off the fantasy and had a great 1a cabin. the empress deck cabin 181. i was solo so the upper bed was not lowered. it was so quiet and i never heard a thing in the hall or anything from the mystery rooms in front or back of me. it was so convenient being right down the hall from the elevator. it was plenty big enough for me and im sure would have enough for two people. my bag slid right under the bed. there was plenty of drawers and closet space. the plug in was by the mirror of the dresser. the bathroom was plenty big enough also and it had a great shower. in the closet was a safe that had a keypad for the security code. there was no refridgerator though. i would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. and since it was on the same deck as the atrium, prusers desk and shore excursions i didnt have a hard time getting around to things. i just walked straight down the hall to the middle of the ship for these things. going up too the lido in the elevators by the cabin got me right to the buffett and pools. so if you want a good cabin at a great price go for a 1a. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Any info on Triumph (or Victory) 1402? Or similar cabin on Conquest class (1426 I believe)?

Noise back there by the stairwell? Doesn't appear to be vending or laundry back there, and that space is blank on Main above.

2201 is now open, and it looks like it is huge, based on the deck plan (but no porthole, right?), but I've never had a cabin as far toward the stern as 1402 and it was the only 1A open when I booked.

I do tend to have motion sickness issues (had a bow cabin on Victory (7205)) and had a couple of nights where I didn't feel so great (the first time since I started taking ginger).

Sailing solo, so don't really need the extra space in 2201. Think I'll stick with 1402 and see how I like being aft since I have that nice aft balcony on Miracle in December. Would be a shame if I decided I hated it back there, wouldn't it? :p

liked your photos, but i do have 1 question. why do you have to keep you drapes closed for the "safety of navigation"? This does not apply to OV cabins, so whay would apply to porthole cabins?

Here are pix of 1201 on the Carnival Victory: http://travel.webshots.com/album/560272286DDJgAl?vhost=travel

Here are more pictures of 6393 in case anyone is interested. Big Duck, I checked the lamp to see if it was straight first lol, not sure its perfect in my pics either. A regular inside cabin, you enter the hall and the refrigerator is on one side and the deck is on the other. This cabin you enter a larger area and the refrigerator and desk are along the side, so this cabin is wider than a regular cabin. You can see how the extra space is used.

1778983852_Picture001.jpg.2038ea8b38ca006f8855985ce8b6bb61.jpg

1505522646_Picture002.jpg.659a4e25dc6e3700808c7472a6a445f5.jpg

199051699_Picture003.jpg.6ffff0f04cac79991e89f35792894973.jpg

1860442797_Picture004.jpg.6b28c0c2b2ad34ac7040655cf85f511b.jpg

Second set of 6393 on Conquest.

One picture is of a shower chair which my PVP ordered for my sister's use, in case anyone is curious what they look like. (even though its not particular to a 1A). We got a fruit basket and a bottle of champagne for our B2B gift. Nice fruit basket, but all I ate was the grapes but took home the nuts and dried fruit. Kinda wasted on us. Nice though.

92463207_Picture005.jpg.73a1925ace5cc933ae2a40a4dd0434fe.jpg

519481078_Picture006.jpg.d9b93ef6cb5836d84d8ac41fd0dcb91f.jpg

107645826_Picture007.jpg.0ec42ca76cac744457dcb8a2ab4d19f3.jpg

1194335395_Picture010.jpg.826af3d8d325e5f9f0fc2c2a404d478a.jpg

Any info on Triumph (or Victory) 1402? Or similar cabin on Conquest class (1426 I believe)?

Noise back there by the stairwell? Doesn't appear to be vending or laundry back there, and that space is blank on Main above.

2201 is now open, and it looks like it is huge, based on the deck plan (but no porthole, right?), but I've never had a cabin as far toward the stern as 1402 and it was the only 1A open when I booked.

I do tend to have motion sickness issues (had a bow cabin on Victory (7205)) and had a couple of nights where I didn't feel so great (the first time since I started taking ginger).

Sailing solo, so don't really need the extra space in 2201. Think I'll stick with 1402 and see how I like being aft since I have that nice aft balcony on Miracle in December. Would be a shame if I decided I hated it back there, wouldn't it? :p

I was looking at 2201 for a future cruise and was wondering if the convertible sofa could be added to the single bed. I would give up a porthole for a larger bed.

liked your photos, but i do have 1 question. why do you have to keep you drapes closed for the "safety of navigation"? This does not apply to OV cabins, so whay would apply to porthole cabins?

My "BEST" answer is: I don't know.

My guess is that since it is way up front by the Bridge, cabin lights may reflect on the water and interfere with the view of the people steering the ship. I do know that if I would leave the window drapes open when I went out at night, the steward would come into my room and close them.

My "BEST" answer is: I don't know.

My guess is that since it is way up front by the Bridge, cabin lights may reflect on the water and interfere with the view of the people steering the ship. I do know that if I would leave the window drapes open when I went out at night, the steward would come into my room and close them.

We have have aft wrap cabins and the steward comes in and closes the drapes everytime.. whether it is day or night

Well, I suppose if it's rough, there will be motion aft, but I know that on a smaller boat, there is much more up & down motion in the bow. They are NOT like a see-saw, which is the analogy a lot of people use. OK, maybe somewhat, but the fulcrum wouldn't be in the center. If the motion were equal fore and aft, then the ship would never make any headway!

And, honestly, convenience to dining is not a good thing for me. :p

I eat way way more on a cruise than normal. But I do take the stairs on cruises to help offset the caloric consumption. So although I eat way more tasty, high-fat food, I probably also get a lot more exercise than I do normally. :D

Anyone have any idea about noise back there? I'm guessing the white space is a steward's closet. Just seems odd that there is nothing in that same space on Main deck. It's just the CTN, so I'll only have 2 nights, so no thrusters except when we dock back in Norfolk.

I always take a white noise machine. If the 1st night is noisy, I'll just have an extra couple of glasses of wine on the 2nd night!