Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Well, I have been plodding through old threads for an hour now without finding the information I need. In fact, I am more confused now than when I started. Heres the problem, I hope someone can help. I would like to avoid posting a whole new thread if possible.

We snagged #1212 on the Liberty for this coming September. We like the portholes, and the attractive 1A prices. I have been trying to figure out if this room has the sofa that they convert into a bed, or the bunk that fold out of the ceiling. There is a lot of conflicting info out there about this. Does anyone know the answer.

I did find this page with someone's pix from the same room on Conquest. Is that flat area above the bed a fold down bunk? If so, does anyone know if the room would be the same on Liberty?

http://ronrythm.com/photogallery/CarConquest101.jpg

http://ronrythm.com/photogallery/CarConquest102.jpg

The pictures make it look like the sofa is a pull out but the area above the bed could also possibly be a pulldown upper.

According to the Deck Plan for both Liberty and Conquest Room 1212 is a upper and lower and not a convertible sofa.

Not sure if that helps but according to my PVP what shows on the Deck Plan is what is in the room. The have written descriptions on each of the rooms and your PVP should be able to tell you for sure.

I have one of the picture window cabins on the Triumph booked for this April and was looking at future dates for same type of cabin and it looks like this are being reclassified to 6B's. I did go back a bit on this thread and did not see this but again my apologies if this has already been revealed.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from the Freedom. I checked out all 3 centrally located 1A rooms 6393, 7345, and 8357. all have 2 beds on the floor and a bunk which cannot be used because the beds interfere with the ladder to the bunk.

• 1 month later...

According to the list below - 1A Carnival Freedom 2208 has a PORTHOLE. But when I called Carnival to confirm that - my PVP said their is no porthole? Which is correct? If I can get a porthole I would like one but can not get a definite answer.

1A's are confusing, at least to me, and it seems to be to other members on the Carnival forum. I have started different threads on the topic, and still have questions about other 1A cabins because they all seem to be unique. I thought it would be beneficial to have one thread dedicated to this topic with all the information you would want to know.

I have started by listing just about all the 1A cabin's by number on the different ship classes. I, for one, am especially interested to better understand which cabins have true upper/lowers, which one have 2 twin beds that are able to push together, and which have 1 bed and 1 convertible sofa. Also, which ones have portholes or other interesting info. Pictures, if anyone has them, are a plus (with ship and room #, of course)! :D Please contribute to my list and make any changes for errors I may have made.

Thanks for your contributions!! :D

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

6224 fwd, port,

6227 fwd, SB,

6393 mid, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

7345 mid, SB,

8357 mid, SB

SPIRIT CLASS

1211 fwd, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1247 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1249 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1255 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1257 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

FANTASY CLASS

R50 mid

R52 mid

R54 mid

R56 mid

R58 mid

R60 mid

R62 mid

R64 mid

R66 mid

U167 aft

U169 aft

U171 aft

U173 aft

U175 aft

E181 aft

E183 aft

E185 aft

E187 aft

E189 aft

DESTINY

1101 fwd, SB, portholes

1102 fwd, port, portholes

1105 fwd, SB, portholes

1106 fwd, port, portholes

1306 aft, port

1309 aft, SB

2101 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 cCS, portholes

2102 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2105 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2106 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2334 aft

2335 aft

6126 fwd

6127 fwd

TRIUMPH CLASS

1201 fwd, SB, portholes

1202 fwd, port, portholes

1205 fwd, SB, portholes

1206 fwd, port, portholes

1402 aft, port

1405 aft, SB

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2444 aft

2445 aft

6226 fwd

6227 fwd

According to the list below - 1A Carnival Freedom 2208 has a PORTHOLE. But when I called Carnival to confirm that - my PVP said their is no porthole? Which is correct? If I can get a porthole I would like one but can not get a definite answer.

2208 is NOT a porthole room.

There are 4 porthole 1A's on the Riviera Deck - 1207, 1208, 1211 and 1212.

1207 & 1208 have twin & sofabed; 1211 & 1212 have upper & lower & a non-convertible sofa - 185 sq. ft.

Then there are 4 more porthole 1A's on the Main Deck - 2211, 2212, 2216 and 2217.

All of these rooms have a twin & sofabed - 185 sq. ft.

There are 4 more portholes on the Riviera Deck but they are classified as 4A because the have 2 twins that convert to a king plus the have a non-convertible sofa and are larger rooms - 220 Sq. ft.

There are 2 more portholes on the Main Deck but they are classified as 4B's - they have 2 twins that conver to a king plus a sofabed and an upper bunk - 220 sq. ft.

If you go to this site and pick your ship from the list along the rightside of the page toward the bottom - you can get all kinds of info.

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/

I hope this helps!

2208 is NOT a porthole room.

There are 4 porthole 1A's on the Riviera Deck - 1207, 1208, 1211 and 1212.

1207 & 1208 have twin & sofabed; 1211 & 1212 have upper & lower & a non-convertible sofa - 185 sq. ft.

Then there are 4 more porthole 1A's on the Main Deck - 2211, 2212, 2216 and 2217.

All of these rooms have a twin & sofabed - 185 sq. ft.

There are 4 more portholes on the Riviera Deck but they are classified as 4A because the have 2 twins that convert to a king plus the have a non-convertible sofa and are larger rooms - 220 Sq. ft.

There are 2 more portholes on the Main Deck but they are classified as 4B's - they have 2 twins that conver to a king plus a sofabed and an upper bunk - 220 sq. ft.

If you go to this site and pick your ship from the list along the rightside of the page toward the bottom - you can get all kinds of info.

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/

I hope this helps!

Just goes to show you some of the information on Carnival is generic. Im 100% sure that the 1As next to the old 5As are more than 185 s.f. Just stayed in one, 2211 this month, and I promise it is larger than a regular inside. 2217 next door is supposed to be 5 s.f. larger than 2211, because it goes a little deeper, the hull hasnt curved as much, so the cabin is a bit longer, same width.

Anyone who goes by the generic carnival descriptions is missing out. Many of those 1As are varying in size. Maybe you havent actually been in them, but just looking at the deck plans, its pretty obvious they vary in size. They certainly arent all 185 s.f. That is the minimum you can expect.

PS the list doesnt say 2208 has a port hole, the poster just looked at the wrong cabin perhaps, the list is correct. Maybe the poster got confused the way the list is written, "port" means the cabin is on the port side of the ship. SB means starboard side of the ship. Its the location.

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

Edited by firefly333

According to the list below - 1A Carnival Freedom 2208 has a PORTHOLE.

According to the list you quoted, 2208 is on port side, not a cabin with portholes. Sorry that it's not what you hoped. The CCL person on the phone was giving you corect advice.

Edited by DGP1111

I had a funny conversation with a Carnival rep today. I was booking Destiny 2335 and 2334, and she kept trying to help me out by telling me over & over again that I should get a porthole room instead! I told her that these had windows, but she insisted that was not correct, and she was afraid that I was going to be disappointed. I held my ground and I am thrilled that I will have 2335 for a B2B in February and my Mom will be in 2334 for the first leg!! I was fortunate to have 2445 on the Victory last summer, so I know how lucky I am!

I had a funny conversation with a Carnival rep today. I was booking Destiny 2335 and 2334, and she kept trying to help me out by telling me over & over again that I should get a porthole room instead! I told her that these had windows, but she insisted that was not correct, and she was afraid that I was going to be disappointed. I held my ground and I am thrilled that I will have 2335 for a B2B in February and my Mom will be in 2334 for the first leg!! I was fortunate to have 2445 on the Victory last summer, so I know how lucky I am!

Well, I think the difference is that the window cabins are probably bunk beds on that ship, not sure, whereas the port holes have one twin and one convertible sofa, so I might still prefer the port holes unless I was travelling alone.

Iv been trying to determine if 7345 on Conquest has twin beds, so far in my searching this database, on 4 other ships, 3 said yes, 1 says no. So, Im still not 100% and my PVP says Carnival shows it as upper and lower. (which doesnt mean much).

Edited by firefly333

I held my ground and I am thrilled that I will have 2335 for a B2B in February and my Mom will be in 2334 for the first leg!! I was fortunate to have 2445 on the Victory last summer, so I know how lucky I am!

Hey girl--how small is the world?! :) I just had Destiny cabin 2335 for a B2B in Oct08. And, Victory was my first CCL cruise and it was to Canada!!

Well, I think the difference is that the window cabins are probably bunk beds on that ship, not sure, whereas the port holes have one twin and one convertible sofa, so I might still prefer the port holes unless I was travelling alone.

Destiny cabin 2335 consists of a twin on the floor, an upper pull-down out of the ceiling (it was in its locked position for my cruise as I was solo), and a sofa along with the two picture windows.

Are we cruising yet? :cool:

Destiny cabin 2335 consists of a twin on the floor, an upper pull-down out of the ceiling (it was in its locked position for my cruise as I was solo), and a sofa along with the two picture windows :cool:

Is that true of the Triumph too? Triumph has those two window cabins still as 1As.

thanks. I was afraid to book one just in case.

Is that true of the Triumph too? Triumph has those two window cabins still as 1As.

thanks. I was afraid to book one just in case.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on the Triumph--haven't sailed her yet!! ;) I've had her booked a couple of times but never made it onboard for various reasons. And, while I can, I refuse to speculate on info if I can't attest to it firsthand. One of my pet peeves with posts here! :rolleyes: If I haven't seen it for myself, then I don't add any comments. :)

Later :cool:

I remember reading this thread before I left on my cruise a couple of months ago, and I didn't have a clue what kind of cabin my A1 R56 was. I now know, so I will offer my info. I realize this is an old thread that keeps getting resurrected, so if someone has already posted about it, my apologies.

R56 on the Ecstasy (Fantasy Class) is on the Riviera Deck, of course. It is one of 9 vertical, "single" cabins in a middle hallway (so no windows at all). I call it single, because that is what my TA called it when he booked me as a single cruiser. But, it could sleep 2. There is a twin bed in the corner, and a bunk twin in the wall, above the head of the floor bed. Since I was a solo cruiser, they didn't pull the wall bed down, so I didn't get to try it out to see how comfortable it was. There was a ladder in the closet for it.

Because the twin bed was in the corner, there was actually a lot of room between the bed and the far wall - enough room for another twin, actually, although that would have left little room to walk around. It was quite roomy, though, with just the one floor twin - especially compared to my relative's rooms on the Upper Deck (U29, 33, 37, and 41) where they had hardly any walking room at all. They are all couples, though, so there were two twins pushed together in their rooms.

The vanity, closets, and bathroom were the same size as my relative's rooms on the Upper Deck.

R56 was PERFECT for a solo cruiser. I loved it. LOVED it. I would not want to travel with a companion in this room, though. It would be very crowded for two people who are not a couple, and would not work for two people who are a couple and want to sleep together, because the twin bed is not big enough for two. (It was VERY comfortable and perfect for a single sleeper, though)

The only way I would book this room for two, is if my 24 year old daughter traveled with me. At 5'1" and 100 pounds, she could climb that ladder easier than I could! I know at MY age, I would not enjoy climbing the ladder to get into bed.

Before my cruise, when I was reading online everything about the ship that I could get my hands on, I was able to view an example of each class of stateroom on the Ecstasy - EXCEPT the R56 type rooms. The layout is slightly different than the other rooms, but they don't show a diagram of it anywhere that I could find. Sooooo, compulsive individual that I am, I created a primitive drawing of the room in Excel. But, I don't know how to upload things to a post here, so you all won't have to be subjected to my pitiful artwork. ;)

I did not encounter any noise whatsoever in this room. According to the floor plan of the ship, R83 and R87 are two rooms behind R56, in the hallway on the starboard side, laying perpendicular to R56. Either those rooms were empty, or the occupants were very quiet, because I never heard a peep out of them.

There was no stateroom (just white space on the map) to the right of R56, which was the wall the bed was on, so I slept very well with no apparent opportunity for noise from that side. R54 is to the left, but I never heard a peep out of those folks either.

It was a perfect room and I plan to book it again on my next cruise!

Recap of R56:

twin floor bed

twin wall bed

midship

middle hallway

no windows

I have sailed the Victory in 2444 and a friend in 2445 both have 2 windows and a twin bed with a small couch. The Triumph is the sister ship. You make your own conclusion. These are priced as 1A's.

I remember reading this thread before I left on my cruise a couple of months ago, and I didn't have a clue what kind of cabin my A1 R56 was. I now know, so I will offer my info. I realize this is an old thread that keeps getting resurrected, so if someone has already posted about it, my apologies.

R56 on the Ecstasy (Fantasy Class) is on the Riviera Deck, of course. It is one of 9 vertical, "single" cabins in a middle hallway (so no windows at all). I call it single, because that is what my TA called it when he booked me as a single cruiser. But, it could sleep 2. There is a twin bed in the corner, and a bunk twin in the wall, above the head of the floor bed. Since I was a solo cruiser, they didn't pull the wall bed down, so I didn't get to try it out to see how comfortable it was. There was a ladder in the closet for it.

Because the twin bed was in the corner, there was actually a lot of room between the bed and the far wall - enough room for another twin, actually, although that would have left little room to walk around. It was quite roomy, though, with just the one floor twin - especially compared to my relative's rooms on the Upper Deck (U29, 33, 37, and 41) where they had hardly any walking room at all. They are all couples, though, so there were two twins pushed together in their rooms.

The vanity, closets, and bathroom were the same size as my relative's rooms on the Upper Deck.

R56 was PERFECT for a solo cruiser. I loved it. LOVED it. I would not want to travel with a companion in this room, though. It would be very crowded for two people who are not a couple, and would not work for two people who are a couple and want to sleep together, because the twin bed is not big enough for two. (It was VERY comfortable and perfect for a single sleeper, though)

The only way I would book this room for two, is if my 24 year old daughter traveled with me. At 5'1" and 100 pounds, she could climb that ladder easier than I could! I know at MY age, I would not enjoy climbing the ladder to get into bed.

Before my cruise, when I was reading online everything about the ship that I could get my hands on, I was able to view an example of each class of stateroom on the Ecstasy - EXCEPT the R56 type rooms. The layout is slightly different than the other rooms, but they don't show a diagram of it anywhere that I could find. Sooooo, compulsive individual that I am, I created a primitive drawing of the room in Excel. But, I don't know how to upload things to a post here, so you all won't have to be subjected to my pitiful artwork. ;)

I did not encounter any noise whatsoever in this room. According to the floor plan of the ship, R83 and R87 are two rooms behind R56, in the hallway on the starboard side, laying perpendicular to R56. Either those rooms were empty, or the occupants were very quiet, because I never heard a peep out of them.

There was no stateroom (just white space on the map) to the right of R56, which was the wall the bed was on, so I slept very well with no apparent opportunity for noise from that side. R54 is to the left, but I never heard a peep out of those folks either.

It was a perfect room and I plan to book it again on my next cruise!

Recap of R56:

twin floor bed

twin wall bed

midship

middle hallway

no windows

THANK YOU!!! I am booked in R56 on the Sensation in a couple of weeks. I am traveling solo--I was hoping that this room wouldn't be too small. Thank you for the information. I feel much better about the cabin now! Now I can focus on packing!

I have sailed the Victory in 2444 and a friend in 2445 both have 2 windows and a twin bed with a small couch. The Triumph is the sister ship. You make your own conclusion. These are priced as 1A's.

thanks for the information. Being in Texas, New Orleans is the 2nd closest port to us, and within about 8 hours driving from Dallas, so Im happy the Triumph is coming, just little info about it. My TA put us in a 1A above the theater on upper. New ship to learn. I hope you are correct and its not bunks :D (but Im also prepared to find out different, and can live with whatever I get).

Edited by firefly333

These are photos of Victory 2445. They were taken in July of 2008, so things could have changed. This was a fabulous room for a solo. There was one single bed, a bunk in the ceiling and the sofa did not make into a bed, nor was it long enough to be comfortable for an adult to sleep on. The closets are open in the picture to give you an idea how much storage there is. The 4th picture was my view when I woke up in Halifax, Nova Scotia :D

Chris in NH

IMG_0536.jpg.c29c681d66e8687cbc5c06cf063206f0.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg.132ce3639cd3623c4d7c6ce03d35f276.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg.d471e5a8ef043baf3d90bce81c24945e.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg.df5e6e74e42916c873067f6ca81d1214.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg.04d3b41e26122ff874b1541a14c91f6f.jpg

Edited by dznymom