Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Anyone know of any 1A cabins on Ecstasy that are for sure 2 twins??? Or are they all regular IS??:confused:

Unfortunately, none. I went up to a 4A and grabbed two of the ex 5A cabins with port holes now at the 4A price for the best deal going on Ecstasy.

Im not sure what you mean by "regular IS", maybe you could explain that part of your question. IS means a inside guarantee, which should be 4A and up, is that the question? Im confused.

Edited by firefly333

Has anyone had a 1A on the Splendor? I have a cabin on the Panorama deck. Just wondering if this is a good location.

Thanks!:)

Are those one of the Spa Cabins? If so, could you let me know if you got the spa perks. Some say that the 1A's will get it, some say that the 1A's are excluded.

Thanks,

Joanne

Has anyone had a 1A on the Splendor? I have a cabin on the Panorama deck. Just wondering if this is a good location.:)

Both of my Carnival Splendor 1A cabins were on Main deck, but I did go up and look at those on Panorama (just out of curiosity). I thought they were quite nice, in a convenient location, and would easily book one if my faves on Main deck were not available. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Are those one of the Spa Cabins? If so, could you let me know if you got the spa perks. Some say that the 1A's will get it, some say that the 1A's are excluded.

Joanne, a little more than half of that deck's cabins are considered Spa accomodation, and the 1As are on the opposite side of the stairwell from those included. So, unfortunately, they get no special Spa perks.

Unfortunately no double-twins on the floor for those either. :(

My fave (2216) is "better than nice" to me, and it still only has the one twin and convertable sofa. I guess I was just comparing to others in the category that I personally don't care for. I know that I couldn't spend more than a very few days in 2202 without starting to go bonkers.

Fellow CCer, Eddie, did a short video of those Carnival Splendor Panorama 1A cabins, and here is the link. You'll have to turn your head to the side to get the correct view, sorry. This is of cabin 1076.

I looked, and still not sure, for my purposes one twin and one convertible sofa is fine too. I think I saw an upper bunk in the ceiling?? They spun thru the cabin so fast couldnt see if there was a convertible sofa, but didnt notice one. If its a bunk then not a cabin Id want on purpose.

Joanne, a little more than half of that deck's cabins are considered Spa accomodation, and the 1As are on the opposite side of the stairwell from those included. So, unfortunately, they get no special Spa perks.

Thanks, I had not realized that only 1/2 of the deck was spa cabins. At least, I know what to expect now.

Joanne

Unfortunately, none. I went up to a 4A and grabbed two of the ex 5A cabins with port holes now at the 4A price for the best deal going on Ecstasy.

Im not sure what you mean by "regular IS", maybe you could explain that part of your question. IS means a inside guarantee, which should be 4A and up, is that the question? Im confused.

Sorry Fly...I just meant regular inside rooms....What room numbers are the good port hole rooms, if you don't mind me asking? That sounds like a good deal!:)

Sorry Fly...I just meant regular inside rooms....What room numbers are the good port hole rooms, if you don't mind me asking? That sounds like a good deal!:)

Well, the port hole cabins on Ecstasy are the same size as insides and OVs, all cabins are the same size, so I pick on the starboard side, because folks complain on port side they hear the anchor when they drop it in ports, but since there are only two ports how bad can it be?

Now the old 5As are the same as the other insides on each deck, so Riveria deck, they are 4A, Main deck they are 4B etc. I could be wrong, but the 2nd one of each group I swear does look bigger to me, like R29, looks bigger than I think its R31, so I picked the 2nd one back on each, even though Carnival says all cabins are the same size, the deck plans say different.

I had one back when they used to be 5As back before my CC days and it was fine, not as good as a large window, but better to me than a inside.

Don, thank you so much for the video of the 1A on the Panorama deck. Cabin 2216 is alos available and I know that has the window but it is so far forward, did the motion bother you? How about the walk down the hall from the elevator lat at night, did it bother you?

Thanks so much for everyone's hep!:)

Don, thank you so much for the video of the 1A on the Panorama deck. Cabin 2216 is alos available and I know that has the window but it is so far forward, did the motion bother you? How about the walk down the hall from the elevator lat at night, did it bother you?

Thanks so much for everyone's hep!:)

In April, I had 2217 on the Freedom. I liked the room. For the first time, I could hear the waves crashing. It`s the first time that I could hear it that clearly, and I`ve had those types of cabins quite a few times. There`s only 1 day out of the 14 (did a B2B) that I was bothered by motion sickness. I also thought that everywhere that I wanted to go, that I had a long walk. That wasn`t a biggie for me, plus I was burning more calories that way. LOL

Enjoy !!!

Joanne

Splendor...Cat 1A...Cabin 2207

Dream...Cat 1A...Cabin 1204

I'm looking for feedback and pics (if any)

Anyone who has sailed in these rooms? Both are located far forward.

Did you feel the ship rocking more than if you were in the middle?

Did the anchor wake you up

Any info would be appreciated.

PJ

Any info would be appreciated.

PJ

1204 is on the anchor side so you would probably hear the anchor. 2207 as you can see, is next to 2211 where I mentioned I was in the post above yours. We never had waves above 5 ft, so its not surprising I never felt the motion, very calm cruise. If you are going in hurricane season it will probably be more motion, I went in May. Conquest, Dream, Splendor the cabins and how they are wouldnt be much different.

Well, the port hole cabins on Ecstasy are the same size as insides and OVs, all cabins are the same size, so I pick on the starboard side, because folks complain on port side they hear the anchor when they drop it in ports, but since there are only two ports how bad can it be?

Now the old 5As are the same as the other insides on each deck, so Riveria deck, they are 4A, Main deck they are 4B etc. I could be wrong, but the 2nd one of each group I swear does look bigger to me, like R29, looks bigger than I think its R31, so I picked the 2nd one back on each, even though Carnival says all cabins are the same size, the deck plans say different.

I had one back when they used to be 5As back before my CC days and it was fine, not as good as a large window, but better to me than a inside.

Thank You Fly! This is very helpful! I see what you mean about the size....Looks bigger for sure.

1204 is on the anchor side so you would probably hear the anchor. 2207 as you can see, is next to 2211 where I mentioned I was in the post above yours. We never had waves above 5 ft, so its not surprising I never felt the motion, very calm cruise. If you are going in hurricane season it will probably be more motion, I went in May. Conquest, Dream, Splendor the cabins and how they are wouldnt be much different.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm going in Dec. I hope the ocean is calm.

PJ

PJ: I've been in 2216 for two sailings on Carnival Splendor, and will be doing that same cabin several times in the future on Carnival Dream. Possibility that some rocking might be felt since (as you've already noted) those are at the front of the ship. You'll occasionally hear/feel a slap of the waves on the hull.

For quite some time I've read here on CC about numerous people being routinely awakened by a dropping anchor. I've only had that happen once, and on only one sailing . . . and, yes, it was loud and startling. But check your ports of call, and realize that if you are docked/tied at the port, there is no anchor dropping. That's only done when you are at a tender location.

Also, on Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream, every cabin is on the anchor side . . . as there are two anchors on the front hull, with one on each side.

No matter which you choose, I'm sure you'll have an excellent cruise. Bon Voyage!! :)

This is a great thread - Thanks!

Let me make sure I have this straight - if I cruise by myself, a 1A cabin will make me pay 150% of a single fare, whereas another category will charge me 200%? (Eg: Fare of $600 - 1A gets me $900 for single, but other categories will be charged $1200?)

So 1As are best for solo cruisers? Any other special deals for solo cruisers? Thanks!