Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

I think you are going to enjoy being on Empress deck. These cabins are located in the middle and toward the aft of the ship. You're in an idea location, because the cabins are down a hall in the middle of the ship, so you should be in a quiet area. I have been in E 181 and 189 on the Fantasy several times and it is always quiet, even when the ship is pulling into port or dropping anchor. You will be close to the aft dining room.

i just moved up from r54 on the fantasy to e181. im glad to read that it is quiet . i do better at the back of the ship and i love being a little higher up. i am so glad to get the new cabin. it will be my first time on the fantasy and go to the caribbean. i cant wait for the next 37 days to go by :D.

dustyroad

yes, it is confusing. firefly has said it all for you. all i can add is that a,b, c and so on after the number means different decks. the higher the alphebet the higher the deck the cabin is on.

are you sure? 1a's are on 3 decks and decks have 4a's and 4b's on them for example.

did i give the wrong info :confused:. i am confused now. how are the b and c's different on the same deck?? does it depend on where they are located or something. i will have to do some research to know myself for sure. thanks for correcting me. :)

did i give the wrong info :confused:. i am confused now. how are the b and c's different on the same deck?? does it depend on where they are located or something. i will have to do some research to know myself for sure. thanks for correcting me. :)

Bs and Cs are on the same deck, Bs are aft and foreward and C are the cabins midship location, so the more desirable (supposedly). Carnival made all the midship locations cost more than being fore or aft on the same deck. What you said is still true basically, the higher the letter, the more it costs.

Bs and Cs are on the same deck, Bs are aft and foreward and C are the cabins midship location, so the more desirable (supposedly). Carnival made all the midship locations cost more than being fore or aft on the same deck. What you said is still true basically, the higher the letter, the more it costs.

thanks fire :)

I managed to snag the last 1A for the Triumph cruise Labor Day weekend. And the price was great too; $200. less than when I priced it in February. Good thing I didn't snooze because now the least expensive category is 4A and we know that means 200% for a single. It's probably the first time where I paid for the cruise at booking time and got my edocs immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got 2211 on Triumph in November. Just found and read this entire thread. I believe I'm going to become a big 1A fan since I usually travel solo. Can't wait!!!

Im pretty sure I have 2211 in December on Triumph....on one leg (OV on the other leg).

suite.... err I mean sweet cabin. Iv had 2211 on Conquest before and Triumph is supposed to be the same set up. One twin, one convertible sofa, two port holes.

i just moved up from r54 on the fantasy to e181. im glad to read that it is quiet . i do better at the back of the ship and i love being a little higher up. i am so glad to get the new cabin. it will be my first time on the fantasy and go to the caribbean. i cant wait for the next 37 days to go by :D.

We had E181 on our last cruise on the Fantasy on 6/22

It was a very nice room. It was pretty big also. They could have fit a full size bed in there.

It has a fake window with drapes

The upper bunk was pretty hard

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the room.

Mark

Im pretty sure I have 2211 in December on Triumph....on one leg (OV on the other leg).

suite.... err I mean sweet cabin. Iv had 2211 on Conquest before and Triumph is supposed to be the same set up. One twin, one convertible sofa, two port holes.

Yes, that's the set-up. The only differences are 1. the air system. It's not themostat controlled on Triumph. It's a lever in the ceiling vent that controls the air flow. 2. there is no refrigerator. But the layout is the same.

Here are some pics of E181 on the Fascination. Since its a Fantasy class ship the rooms should be basically the same. I loved the location and as others said, it was quiet.

Category1A_3.jpg

Category1A_2.jpg

Category1A_1.jpg

Here are some pics of E181 on the Fascination. Since its a Fantasy class ship the rooms should be basically the same. I loved the location and as others said, it was quiet.

On the Fantasy, the lower bed is rotated 90 degrees

Otherwise, it looks like the same room

Edited by SCUBA Mark

I just went through my Carnival Fantasy pictures and I did take one of our 1A cabin E181

P6230028.jpg

This is the set up on the Paradise too (I was in U167). I book these rooms when cruising solo so the upper berth is always closed. Now I know what to expect if I ever book this room when I'm not cruising solo.:)

I've got 2211 on Triumph in November. Just found and read this entire thread. I believe I'm going to become a big 1A fan since I usually travel solo. Can't wait!!!

The 1As are ideal for solo travel - now the trick is to nab a 'porthole' one, since 2462/2465 cabins have been reclassified on most of the ships! Guess noise and vibrations might be the only downside?

We had E181 on our last cruise on the Fantasy on 6/22

It was a very nice room. It was pretty big also. They could have fit a full size bed in there.

It has a fake window with drapes

The upper bunk was pretty hard

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the room.

Mark

thanks mark. i was really glad to get the e181 cabin. it will be perfect for me . being by myself, i know it will be plenty big enough for me. i cant wait to go. :)

It looks like U299 on Sensation - I peeked in. I don't why they wouldn't let you put in a rollaway in there. Looks like room to me under the bunk! Also - deck plans make it look like U299 is so isolated. It isn't. there is a steward closet beside it to the left but otherwise it is next door to another interior room.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking at a January cruise on Liberty and I'd like to book a 1A. But it doesn't show up as a category I can book. How do I get one? Do I have to call Carnival?

That generally means that the category is sold out. I would call up Carnival though because I have found that they don't always show all of the cabins available on the various websites.

Also, keep checking because as it gets closer to when people have to pay in full, there are often cancellations.

I have been on the Liberty twice, it is a fabulous ship!

I was in a 1A on the Splendor (cabin 2217) this past week and it was great. The only drawback was the noise from the Anchor. WOW! A little loud in port days but otherwise it was a great room. Very spacious as it had 1 single twin bed and 1 convertable sofa. Being as I was travelling as a single, it was GREAT! Not sure I can ever really go back to having a roommate :)

I'm looking at a January cruise on Liberty and I'd like to book a 1A. But it doesn't show up as a category I can book. How do I get one? Do I have to call Carnival?

When you click on the inside Early Saver price, a 4A comes up ... then you need to click on the word "category" up on the tab so all the categories come up...if the 1A still isnt showing then it could be sold out, or it could be there is only one or two left and you can find them, try the fun saver price and click thru .... sometimes you have to try a few things to get to them.

If you are absolutely sure they dont show up, then they are sold out.

I was in a 1A on the Splendor (cabin 2217) this past week and it was great. The only drawback was the noise from the Anchor. WOW! A little loud in port days but otherwise it was a great room. Very spacious as it had 1 single twin bed and 1 convertable sofa. Being as I was travelling as a single, it was GREAT! Not sure I can ever really go back to having a roommate :)

Thanks for the photos! I have this room in Feb and I'm very excited. Could you describe the anchor noise and what time of day it occurs? I sleep with ear plugs on cruises, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.