Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Thanks. I know you cannot book more than two in the 1A's. I'm going to check out the deck plans.

You say you know it, but you dont seem to understand that if you cannot book more than 2 into the cabin, you cannot move a rollaway into the cabin to sleep 3.

You asked 3 times, so we are thinking you don't really get the answer. The difference is some cabins are rated for a rollaway by Carnival. Yes, they really do have some cabins that they allow this, not every cabin that is a inside cabin can have a rollaway, only some. None of the 1As are so designated, thats why you never can book more than 2 into these cabins, they are designated to only allow 2, that is the limit. If Carnival puts this limit on them, it means you cant get another bed for a 3rd person.

The site with pictures of different actual cabins is a pay site, thats why people usually post the cabin #'s here to see if anyone else stayed in that cabin.

And just adding to the general 1A information. . .

If you are booking Carnival Dream, be very careful about considering a "guaranteed 1A", as I don't think any of us want to consider being stuffed into R1332, which somehow appears to be the smallest 1A ever created on a Carnival vessel. That cabin looks teeny tiny!!

They are all noted at 185 square feet.

I totally agree that's what has been routinely mentioned regarded cabin size, but you have to admit the visual deck plan leads you to believe something else.

If you only had two 1As to choose from on Carnival Dream, and those were 1341 and 1332, I think most of us would select the same one (and rather quickly) based off the online deck plan diagram.

I'm personally guessing it's an "exception", much like the sqare footage exception for 2462 and 2465, back when those were being sold as 1As. Only this exception would be going in the opposite direction.

Again, I may be totally wrong, but I won't be considering that cabin for myself under any circumstances.

So, one of the forward cabins (a porthole would be nice) on Main should work - one that has a twin and a convertible sofa. Am I correct that the only cabins that have that configuration - on Triumph - are 2211, 2212, 2216 & 2217? Which side is the anchor? Port?

I'd much prefer 2444 or 2445 (and, yes, they're both still available!), but don't want to get stuck with a bunk if there are 2 of us. But don't want to wait too long to book, just in case they all vanish.

I'd much prefer you to take either of those 2444 or 2445 but sadly there is not two beds on the triumph. its a sofa and a bed.

You can always take a blow up mattress if having two beds together is important.

Please note that those two cabins sometimes get a lot of vibration depending on the waters- I had this cabin booked for the Liberty but quickly changed my mind because of a few reviews reported back of the vibrations

I'm almost positive that Victory/Triumph have the one bed along the wall next to one window, with the pull down that is over the head of that bed (2444 & 2445). For just me, I'd be fine. Not too sure about the shaking, though. On Fascination, it was the first time ever that I had difficulty sleeping because I was being shaken around so much (and that was in a midship, interior!).

If I wait until after I sail Victory, I'll have a better idea how I'll handle the all-the-way forward cabin (have 7205 for that). But if I wait that long, I'm guessing both the window aft 1A and the Main deck 1As forward with the portholes will be gone.

Guess I'll just pick one. You know how it goes. If I pick 2444 or 2445, I'll end up with someone wanting to go with me. If I pick 2216 or 2217 with two beds on the floor, I'll end up solo!

Yes, those are the ones I saw. Like I said, I'm ready to book that today!

What did you think about shaking/movement issues? I can handle the "normal" sailing movement, but it's the side-to-side shaking that bothers me. It was pronounced on Miracle (7192) and Fascination (U99), but on Glory (2342), I couldn't even tell the ship was moving.

I'm sort of planning on doing this cruise and not telling anyone at all. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for sailing twice a year. If I add another, they'll know for sure! But that would make me Platinum when I sail Miracle next December. :D

So I'm going to try to sneak away. Just me in that lovely cabin with the 1A price and a window! I like that idea very much!

You say you know it, but you dont seem to understand that if you cannot book more than 2 into the cabin, you cannot move a rollaway into the cabin to sleep 3.

You asked 3 times, so we are thinking you don't really get the answer. The difference is some cabins are rated for a rollaway by Carnival. Yes, they really do have some cabins that they allow this, not every cabin that is a inside cabin can have a rollaway, only some. None of the 1As are so designated, thats why you never can book more than 2 into these cabins, they are designated to only allow 2, that is the limit. If Carnival puts this limit on them, it means you cant get another bed for a 3rd person.

The site with pictures of different actual cabins is a pay site, thats why people usually post the cabin #'s here to see if anyone else stayed in that cabin.

Gosh, I'm sorry to be such a bother. I DO understand. This is not my first cruise. I booked the 1A's because of the price and was just trying to get a good understanding. I HAVE got a rollaway brought in for my child before in a 2 person cabin when I had to use her name on my dad's cabin to get him the double occupancy rate. The reason I asked again was to find out the shape of the cabin and size of the cabin, how much floor space. I assume there's more floor space in this 1A since it's still 185 sf and there's only one twin bed on the floor. (maybe not). I was not familiar with the cruisedeckplans site and was just looking at Carnival's site. Thanks!!

I am in 1206 on Splendor on Saturday. I will report back with pics. I was in 1206 on Triumph in 06 and swear it had 2 beds that I had pushed together but don't remember for sure now.[/quote

I am booked in 1204 next Dec. Please post after your cruise.

PJ

Thanks to everyone who has responded about the 1a's. I plan to travel on the Truimph, April 5 sailing(solo) its a 7 day. I might change my mind, once I check the prices. I really just wanted a 5 day, with ports Grand Caymen and Cozumel, so I guess I should start checking prices and cabins. I will need to get a book with the cabins in them so I can see what cabin I really want. Like I said, I want the ones with the big windows, so I will take a look. Thanks for your help. I'm nervous about going by myself, but need the time to get away.(cancer enter my life last year and mess alot of things up) so I just want to get away from it all.(it has been almost a year of chemo and cancer free, so hopefully I've beaten it) Thanks all, kmbb

Best wishes with your amazing fight! Hope you find the perfect room with the perfect window for all that relaxation.

• 1 month later...

I've got a 1A guarantee on my upcoming cruise on the Legend. Does anyone have pictures of them?

How are you doing with your cancer fight KMBB? Hope you will be able to enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cusyl

How receptive do you think Carnival would be to dropping the single supplement on a 1A if I wanted to book a b2b on the Glory?

I can't book until March and hope to sail in May. The airfare from Australia and our exchange rate at the moment make this an expensive trip. It's too far to come for 1 week but the supplement makes 2 weeks prohibitive.

How receptive do you think Carnival would be to dropping the single supplement on a 1A if I wanted to book a b2b on the Glory?

I can't book until March and hope to sail in May. The airfare from Australia and our exchange rate at the moment make this an expensive trip. It's too far to come for 1 week but the supplement makes 2 weeks prohibitive.

Iv never know Carnival to negotiate, but some TAs will discount a little. A 1A only has a 150% supplement, half of the other cabins and this is still better than most cruiselines have as a regular deal.

If you book far enough in advance, you can often get a better deal on those 1As to start off with. Booking 2 months in advance, you will be hit or miss on prices. Maybe you can run into a last minute bargain.

Iv never know Carnival to negotiate, but some TAs will discount a little. A 1A only has a 150% supplement, half of the other cabins and this is still better than most cruiselines have as a regular deal.

If you book far enough in advance, you can often get a better deal on those 1As to start off with. Booking 2 months in advance, you will be hit or miss on prices. Maybe you can run into a last minute bargain.

Yes I'm hoping for a last minute bargain although I fear it's cutting it a bit fine but it's just the circumstances of the moment. I will certainly shop around for the best deal I can get though.

Well, I have been plodding through old threads for an hour now without finding the information I need. In fact, I am more confused now than when I started. Heres the problem, I hope someone can help. I would like to avoid posting a whole new thread if possible.

We snagged #1212 on the Liberty for this coming September. We like the portholes, and the attractive 1A prices. I have been trying to figure out if this room has the sofa that they convert into a bed, or the bunk that fold out of the ceiling. There is a lot of conflicting info out there about this. Does anyone know the answer.

I did find this page with someone's pix from the same room on Conquest. Is that flat area above the bed a fold down bunk? If so, does anyone know if the room would be the same on Liberty?

http://ronrythm.com/photogallery/CarConquest101.jpg

http://ronrythm.com/photogallery/CarConquest102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone sailed in one of the 1A's on a fantasy class ship, specifically U167, U169, U171, U173, E181, E183, E187, or E189?

I am curious as to whether these are set up as bunk beds, pull-down bed, or twin beds. Also, how is the noise level of these rooms? Are there any mechanical or utility areas that run next to these rooms?

Has anyone sailed in one of the 1A's on a fantasy class ship, specifically U167, U169, U171, U173, E181, E183, E187, or E189?

I am curious as to whether these are set up as bunk beds, pull-down bed, or twin beds. Also, how is the noise level of these rooms? Are there any mechanical or utility areas that run next to these rooms?

I have not been in those cabins, .... but ALL 1As on Fantasy class ships are one twin and one bunk. I know of no exceptions.

I have heard these cabins are quiet and since they are in the aft, very convenient to the buffet/pool or to the dining room.

How about vibrations in the aft of the ship? My last cruise was in cabin U29, which is very far forward. The up and down didn't bother me at all and the only noise I heard was the lines going out when we docked. I know the up and down won't bother me in the back of the ship, but I wasn't sure about vibration levels in those rooms.

On a Fantasy Class ship, I have only sailed in a 1A once.. R54 on the Inspiration..

It had the bunk... but the upper was locked closed. The room seemed quite large since you did not have that 2nd bed on the floor..

How about vibrations in the aft of the ship? My last cruise was in cabin U29, which is very far forward. The up and down didn't bother me at all and the only noise I heard was the lines going out when we docked. I know the up and down won't bother me in the back of the ship, but I wasn't sure about vibration levels in those rooms.

The higher up the deck, the less you will feel the vibrations. We did Main deck last time on Conquest and have to admit we felt the vibration in the floor that low and in the aft.

On a Fantasy Class ship, I have only sailed in a 1A once.. R54 on the Inspiration..

It had the bunk... but the upper was locked closed. The room seemed quite large since you did not have that 2nd bed on the floor..

How were the noise levels on Riviera deck? You were far enough forward that I wouldn't worry about vibration from cavitation or the engines, but what about noise from the crew areas below?

I preferred Upper Deck as it meant that we were close enough even to the Promenade Deck that taking stairs up and down was not a big deal for us. Being on Riviera Deck, I think I would be tempted to wait for the elevator a lot more often.