Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

This is a great thread - Thanks!

Let me make sure I have this straight - if I cruise by myself, a 1A cabin will make me pay 150% of a single fare, whereas another category will charge me 200%? (Eg: Fare of $600 - 1A gets me $900 for single, but other categories will be charged $1200?)

So 1As are best for solo cruisers? Any other special deals for solo cruisers? Thanks!

yes, thats how it now works, used to be they substracted the 2nd persons's port charges from the cruisefare, but now they just cut the $600 in half.

Check out the CC cruises, Iv seen some great deals. Our friend is solo booked on the CC Crazies for $739, then got the $35 fuel refunded, so paying $704, and she is getting the whole $100 OBC to spend since she is solo.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I have wanted to take a trip by myself for awhile now. I am lucky enough to have a job that I can take off whenever I want. I saw a 1A had become available on the Inspiration 4 day cruise to Key West and Cozumel in two weeks. Knowing I could get a great deal on Delta I snatched it up today. So now I am heading off on my first solo cruise. I am pretty excited about it and found this thread while trying to figure out what my cabin would look like. Am I correct in assuming all Fantasy Class 1As are a upper/lower? Is there a chair or something else in there? I can't find a photo anywhere. For the record I am in E 183.

Alright, I have wanted to take a trip by myself for awhile now. I am lucky enough to have a job that I can take off whenever I want. I saw a 1A had become available on the Inspiration 4 day cruise to Key West and Cozumel in two weeks. Knowing I could get a great deal on Delta I snatched it up today. So now I am heading off on my first solo cruise. I am pretty excited about it and found this thread while trying to figure out what my cabin would look like. Am I correct in assuming all Fantasy Class 1As are a upper/lower? Is there a chair or something else in there? I can't find a photo anywhere. For the record I am in E 183.

See this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687150&highlight=e183

i went to the carnival site and looked up a new cruise search for the same ship and itinerary. put in the info and choose the es rate. it will take you too a page that shows the least expensive cabin ( usually an is ). above that is a word '' catagory '' you can click on . it will take you too the page with all the cabin types and their prices. go down to the bottom of the page for your 1a cabin. it will show a picture of it. it has bunk beds, a small table and chair, plus you will have closests and a bathroom. also i beleive a dresser is there for the ice bucket and mirror setup and drawers. i am taking a 1a on the fantasy in sept by myself and i know i will have a great experience in the cabin. i wont be there anyway exept to sleep, shower and dress. dont worry, you are going to have a great time. and dont be afraid to go solo. i am a solo cruiser all the time and love it. you will find many freindly passengers who will be willing to chat and help you if you have any questions. have a wonderful time. i know i am ;).

Edited by dustyroad

as far as i know the only cabins that have bunk beds are the 1a's. go to the glory deck plans and look at the catagory you cabin is in. if it is a 4a or higher it should have two beds that can be put together to make a queen.

We were on our first cruise this past July and had a great time.

I read the board a lot before we left.

However, I do not understand the lingo reguarding cabins. Can someone explain. 1A, 6B, yadda yadda. What do these codes mean?

1A are the oddball cabins in odd places that dont comform, only hold 2 people, the subject of this thread.

4A, 4B, 4C etc, are inside cabins, all basically 185 s.f.

6A, 6B, 6C are OV, ocean views, 185 on the older ships, 220 s.f. on newer ships with a full window.

7A are obstructed balconies, only on spirit class ships, 8's are balconys, 9A, bigger balconys, Cat 11 and 12 are suites. All these have a balcony and get fresh air.

1A are the oddball cabins in odd places that dont comform, only hold 2 people, the subject of this thread.

4A, 4B, 4C etc, are inside cabins, all basically 185 s.f.

6A, 6B, 6C are OV, ocean views, 185 on the older ships, 220 s.f. on newer ships with a full window.

7A are obstructed balconies, only on spirit class ships, 8's are balconys, 9A, bigger balconys, Cat 11 and 12 are suites. All these have a balcony and get fresh air.

yes, it is confusing. firefly has said it all for you. all i can add is that a,b, c and so on after the number means different decks. the higher the alphebet the higher the deck the cabin is on.

PJ: I've been in 2216 for two sailings on Carnival Splendor, and will be doing that same cabin several times in the future on Carnival Dream. Possibility that some rocking might be felt since (as you've already noted) those are at the front of the ship. You'll occasionally hear/feel a slap of the waves on the hull.

For quite some time I've read here on CC about numerous people being routinely awakened by a dropping anchor. I've only had that happen once, and on only one sailing . . . and, yes, it was loud and startling. But check your ports of call, and realize that if you are docked/tied at the port, there is no anchor dropping. That's only done when you are at a tender location.

Also, on Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream, every cabin is on the anchor side . . . as there are two anchors on the front hull, with one on each side.

No matter which you choose, I'm sure you'll have an excellent cruise. Bon Voyage!! :)

The 2 noise factor I've encountered are bow thrusters when docking early in the morning and occasional wave hitting the bow which sounds like someone slamming a metal file cabinet shut. It's awful but it's the luck. Doesn't happen all too much. But the bow thruster is awful. It's not an all-day; all-night affair, though, and you can go back to sleep when it stops.

I stayed in an A1 on Coasta Fortuna once (sister ship to the Carnival fleet).

It was on the Riveria Deck, inside, right behind the aft elevators.

It was a true upper/lower, and I loved it!!! OMG, the floor space!!! Wow. :D

I think you are going to enjoy being on Empress deck. These cabins are located in the middle and toward the aft of the ship. You're in an idea location, because the cabins are down a hall in the middle of the ship, so you should be in a quiet area. I have been in E 181 and 189 on the Fantasy several times and it is always quiet, even when the ship is pulling into port or dropping anchor. You will be close to the aft dining room.

As Firefly has said, 1A's are oddball. On the conquest type ships, some of the midship inside 1A's have two twins and a bunk which is no longer used. Don't go by the floor plans, they can and are wrong at times. I know that the Freedom 7345 is 2 twins. But it is the newest of the class. The Glory is the oldest and its refit may not have included that upgrade. Hopefully someone who has stayed in that cabin in the last 6 months can enlighten us.

As Firefly has said, 1A's are oddball. On the conquest type ships, some of the midship inside 1A's have two twins and a bunk which is no longer used. Don't go by the floor plans, they can and are wrong at times. I know that the Freedom 7345 is 2 twins. But it is the newest of the class. The Glory is the oldest and its refit may not have included that upgrade. Hopefully someone who has stayed in that cabin in the last 6 months can enlighten us.

7345 on Conquest is also two twins, but I havent been on Glory, so can't say, ya never know.

dustyroad

yes, it is confusing. firefly has said it all for you. all i can add is that a,b, c and so on after the number means different decks. the higher the alphebet the higher the deck the cabin is on.

are you sure? 1a's are on 3 decks and decks have 4a's and 4b's on them for example.

The 2 noise factor I've encountered are bow thrusters when docking early in the morning and occasional wave hitting the bow which sounds like someone slamming a metal file cabinet shut. It's awful but it's the luck. Doesn't happen all too much. But the bow thruster is awful. It's not an all-day; all-night affair, though, and you can go back to sleep when it stops.

Thanks for posting this. I have 1207 booked on the Conquest and have heard such horror stories about the noise. I'm a light sleeper anyway, so I've been pretty worried. There are no 1A's left for me to switch to. The bow thrusters/anchor early in the morning on a port day doesn't bother me at all, and the motion hopefully won't be a problem. But the sounds of the waves hitting the ship there have me concerned. Some people have posted that it went on night after night and they got very little sleep. :eek:

Thanks for posting this. I have 1207 booked on the Conquest and have heard such horror stories about the noise. I'm a light sleeper anyway, so I've been pretty worried. There are no 1A's left for me to switch to. The bow thrusters/anchor early in the morning on a port day doesn't bother me at all, and the motion hopefully won't be a problem. But the sounds of the waves hitting the ship there have me concerned. Some people have posted that it went on night after night and they got very little sleep. :eek:

I've sailed in those cabins plenty of times and only on my last cruise, did I hear the waves crashing. It had never bothered me before. We did have a few days of rougher waters, maybe that's why.

Hopefully, you will have decent weather, and the waves won't bother you.

Joanne

Can anyone confirm me if cabin 7345(Glory) has two twin beds?

Yes, it does. My kids were just in that room July 11-18. When we were leaving the beds were pushed together so they can be configured that way as well. The bunk is unusable now.

Edited by jdbmga

are you sure? 1a's are on 3 decks and decks have 4a's and 4b's on them for example.

Dusty's comment (no longer correct) was based on previous deck plans, prior to the re-classification of cabins based on location within the same deck.

dustyroad

Yes, she is right, 1A and 9A, there are no A, B or Cs. so therefore, those could of smaller categories only have As, but the 4s, 6s, and 8s, all have other letters, A, B, C etc.

Let me add as far as there being 4A and 4B on the same deck, she is right again, its location. Carnival reclassified, so now middeck is a more expensive location. so aft and fore on deck 1 is As, mid is B, 2nd deck fore and aft (more motion) is B, mid is C, 3rd deck up, C is aft and fore and D is mid ship location etc. There are a few exceptions, such as aft locations.

The cat 11 and cat 12 again dont do A, B etc, so again they are the same price no matter which one you pick like the 1A an 9A category.

We currently have 6393 booked on Conquest which is a 1A and has two twins. If I were to book a inside cabin, I think the surrounding inside cabins are 4Es, so I would have to pay a lot more to get a inside cabin on Upper deck. Thats why this thread that the 1As are bargains usually, some on Fantasy class, I personally avoid, because I dont think I want to do bunk beds. Carnival doesnt have correct records on these cabins, so we are trying to sort them out here which have twins or bunks.

Edited by firefly333

I think Muttley was particularly referencing the comment, "the higher the alphabet the higher the deck the cabin is on."

And since now a 6A and a 6B can share the same deck, the comment is not as correct as it used to be.

I think Muttley was particularly referencing the comment, "the higher the alphabet the higher the deck the cabin is on."

And since now a 6A and a 6B can share the same deck, the comment is not as correct as it used to be.

sorry, I was posting my explaination the same time you were, I just typed slower lol. Yes, I was trying to explain the A B C too, but you explained it just as well, didnt mean to override you.