Brown water on Enchantment

CTCruzin

As much as brown water would both me, if it was unhealthy they would have done more about it. I am sure they tested the water more because it is brown.

From taking my drinking water class in college, one thing I learned is that the "best looking" and "best smelling" water is not always safe. I have watched people choose reuse water over potable water, because they trusted there eyes and nose. And you dont want to chance taking a drink of reuse water.

We will be on the Enchantment next Monday, 9/15, Deck 4. I'll post back if we have this brown water problem.

We have had all the plumbing isues mentioned in this thread, including discolored water, on cruises in the past. They usually solve the problem quickly. The discolored water, however, IS from rust (iron), and won't go away unless they replace the pipes. That's not going to happen until a major drydock.

We'll take a case of bottled water on board with us, just in case we have the problem. I was going to take the water with me, anyway, before I heard about this problem. I want to see if I retain less fluids not consuming as much of their desalinated water. So, I'll be taking bottled water for sure now.

We leave on 9/29 for a 5 day cruise on Enchantment.

So - - I just called Crown & Anchor and I reported to them what I'd been reading. (6:30 pm est)

They checked with "Post Cruise Customer Service"...whose reply was: They had heard nothing about brown water.

I was informed that Customer Service gives C&A the heads-up on any problems so that they can be prepared to field the calls.

No one has made any formal complaints to C&A nor to the Post Cruise Customer Service.

Perhaps the problem has been corrected?!? I hope so!

Maybe the fact that you did not have that problem in your cabin makes you think that the amount of the compensation was correct, there is no way I will accept such accomodations , I understand that if the ship is full there was not much to be done but that 10% off is a joke, just to think to smell that and to have to shower with that water makes me sick, no one shall go thru that in a vacation, RCI must correct the problem in the Enchatment ASAP.

whenever these things occur...I think...what if something was "wrong" with my credit card - you know just a "little off" - like 90% of the charge went through but the rest didn't. Well they would revoke my reservation in a heartbeat.

It's really simple - it's a contract. I pay the cost - the full cost...and you provide the service - the full service. That includes clean facilities and whatever I request from the menu, and whatever was included in the cost-- and all in tip top working condition.

So far I have never experienced anything but the best vacation - however, if I had unsanitary brown water flowing from my faucets I would be upset.

pcur - we will be on the same cruise with you! Looks like Ike will be kind to Key West - thank goodness. But, I do feel so sorry for the poor folks in Cuba. Looks like a great cruise to all ports! Let's keep our fingers crossed, and go buy bottled water!

Marsha

Yes, I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I'm going with my gf instead of hubby. I've been watching the weather (and Ike) like crazy. It's going to be 86 -92 with some showers. Take an umbrella! We both have those parasol umbrellas that reflect the heat back out, so we'll see how they work in a little rain.

We'll survive the brown water, but I'm not drinking it, that's for sure!

Peggy - I'm cruising with a girlfriend from Ohio and some of her friends! Hubby is really not into the cruise thing - my son is, but he will be in classes! I can't wait! Are you arriving in Ft. Lauderdale the night before? We will be staying at the Embassy Suites on SW 17th St. I love that hotel! I always have an umbrella and one of those dollar store plastic rain ponchos! And I think I will be safe not drinking the water, because I think Coors uses "mountain" water!

I'm late to this parade, but I wanted to add that when I cruised on Enchantment in June, we also had brown water. What was even worse was the constant, and disgusting sewage smell that came from the bathroom 24/7 and was also noted to be very strong on deck 5 while outside. It was horrible, and we complained. And we aren't complainers.

I understand that problems happen. But between the water and the smell, it was gag-o-rama every time we used the toilet or shower in our room. :eek:

However, it did not stop me from booking my next cruise in December on IOS. :D

We leave on 9/29 for a 5 day cruise on Enchantment.

So - - I just called Crown & Anchor and I reported to them what I'd been reading. (6:30 pm est)

They checked with "Post Cruise Customer Service"...whose reply was: They had heard nothing about brown water.

I was informed that Customer Service gives C&A the heads-up on any problems so that they can be prepared to field the calls.

No one has made any formal complaints to C&A nor to the Post Cruise Customer Service.

Perhaps the problem has been corrected?!? I hope so!

I e-mailed my complaint about " brown" water yesterday to Customer Service.

Will let you know what they said.

There is one other thing about what RCI offered that bothers me and it was mentioned in one other post. And that is the fact that RCI offer the compensation on an upcoming cruise. Excuse me! The problem was on a cruise already booked and paid in-full. The compensation should come as a rebate on THAT cruise. One should not have to cruise with RCI again. And spend MORE $$ with RCI - in order to have a past cruise made right. :mad::rolleyes: :mad:

Am due to travel on Enchantment on the 13th October, i called RCCL in London and they know nothing about the problem of Brown Water, however, they would not confirm in writing or email that the ship does not have brown water, so i have emailed customer services incuding a link to the cruise critic board and see what there response is

as soon as i get a reply ill post the outcome

Good to know - which cabin were you in? We are sailing in Nov and just curious if it is always the same cabins? or different areas of the ship?

#3628 & #3626 no brown water but the the air conditioning in the ceiling in the hallway kept flooding the carpet in the hallways. They constantly had the dehumidifiers running to dry the carpets:eek:

I imagine all front line customer service and C&A people have already been instructed to deny all reports of hearing of these problems, respond that they'll "check into it" and under no circumstance put any reply in writing (which would end up here for sure).

I imagine all front line customer service and C&A people have already been instructed to deny all reports of hearing of these problems, respond that they'll "check into it" and under no circumstance put any reply in writing (which would end up here for sure).

It will hard to deny due to the fact that there were written notifications put into every room several times and announcement were made on board.

It will hard to deny due to the fact that there were written notifications put into every room several times and announcement were made on board.

I also just sent an email to C&A Society regarding this issue. I will also follow that up with a letter and wait and see what happens. I of course mentioned this board and the issue which seems to go back as fa as Oct. 2007 (probably even further).

10% of of a future cruise? C'mon, at least make worth my while if you want me to consider cruising RCCL again.

I saw in another thread that Enchantment is not scheduled for Dry Dock until April 2010. I can't imagine they would let this go on for another year and a half, or would they? I would think that the poor reviews and bad press would catch up to them. People are already starting to respond on this board that they will not book on her until the issue is fixed.

Am due to travel on Enchantment on the 13th October, i called RCCL in London and they know nothing about the problem of Brown Water, however, they would not confirm in writing or email that the ship does not have brown water, so i have emailed customer services incuding a link to the cruise critic board and see what there response is

as soon as i get a reply ill post the outcome

PLEASE DO!

As I stated in my previous post, the C&A desk said they had heard nothing about complaints POST cruise.

I made it a point to tell her that I had found my info on this board; she was quite concerned that it was on here. Said she made sure she told the Post Cruise Customer Service desk about this site and how much info was posted.

I find nothing wrong with "complaining" about concerns or issues on a cruise. If you bought a tv at a store and it didn't work, wouldn't you go back to that store and bring it to their attention? Of course!

If I were someone who had experienced situations such as described here, i'd be sure to e-mail the right person - - RCCL. Whining about it on this board doesn't accomplish much unless you've brought it to the attention of the offending party!

Since I leave in 2 weeks, i'm very anxious to hear from those who are currently sailing or those who have followed up with RCCL. Please keep us informed!

Archived