Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

HAL has a 2-week Panama Canal transit on sale through Monday. On the Rotterdam, sailing April 3, from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Interior = $999, OV is $1199 (both before the Single Supp). I priced them both. For the interior as a solo, total came to about $1450, and for the OV, it came out with a total of about $2200. I've been shopping a canal transit, and this is the best price I've seen so far anywhere. The only reason I didn't go ahead and book this one was the $600 deposit (too steep for me right now).

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (again) to the Bahamas Jan. 8 - nine nights out of Baltimore - only $569 total for a solo in an interior cabin. (Double rate is $399 per person, don't ask me to do math!) That is nothing!

Cruise Pup: I LOVE San Juan! What are you talking about? Still, 12 nights is always better than nine.

Actually, so many of the rates on just about all the mass market lines to the Bahamas, Caribbean & Mexico from now through February are so low that I wouldn't even mind paying double. 11 nights to the Caribbean out of New York on Cunard (yes, CUNARD) on Nov. 27th is down to $802pp for inside & $1002pp for a balcony. I don't think Cunard really ever has lower than 200% rates for solos, but that's a really good deal for a line of that level regardless. I would definitely pay $1600 for 11 nights on Cunard... if I had it right now!

I just became a solo cruiser - my mother died several weeks ago. I decided to take the cruise we had planned anyway, but book an inside room instead. I got a 150% or so rate and thought that was good, but today they dropped the price to 100%. Feb 6 2011 12 days from Bayonne NJ for under $900. I got a better cabin (deck 10 near the elevator) for less than our original deposit for a balcony, so I have a modest OBC. I'm a senior and live in MA and that affected the price. I'm hoping someone else might be able to take advantage of this deal as well.

I just became a solo cruiser - my mother died several weeks ago. I decided to take the cruise we had planned anyway, but book an inside room instead. I got a 150% or so rate and thought that was good, but today they dropped the price to 100%. Feb 6 2011 12 days from Bayonne NJ for under $900. I got a better cabin (deck 10 near the elevator) for less than our original deposit for a balcony, so I have a modest OBC. I'm a senior and live in MA and that affected the price. I'm hoping someone else might be able to take advantage of this deal as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I lost 2 close family members between June and August of this year and still grieving. I hope you have a great cruise. Your mother will be there with you in spirit.

We all know our mothers are special. I, too, am a senior and still miss my mother and it's been 8 years. Maybe it will help a little to know that sorrow fades....love NEVER does! Have a peaceful cruise.:)

Thanks so much for this tip, absolutely great for a solo. I just booked it and am looking forward to meeting you.

FYI...this Tuesday Celebrity has some VERY GOOD deals and some

150% supplements too. If any of you can sail last minute, Mercury

is sailing on Dec 11th for 9 nights out of Baltimore...window cabins

are going for 399.00 with only 150% Single Supplement. That is

REALLY GOOD. You need to book it on Tuesday though.:)

Thanks so much for this tip, absolutely great for a solo. I just booked it and am looking forward to meeting you.

Glad you're joining us. Come join the roll call for Explorer 2/6/2011. It's a great group - I have sailed with several folks before and shared excursions. We have a bunch of group activities planned - slot pull, cabin crawl, lunch, and minigolf and perhaps a gift exchange and martini tasting. This will be my 6th cruise on the Explorer.

Glad you're joining us. Come join the roll call for Explorer 2/6/2011. It's a great group - I have sailed with several folks before and shared excursions. We have a bunch of group activities planned - slot pull, cabin crawl, lunch, and minigolf and perhaps a gift exchange and martini tasting. This will be my 6th cruise on the Explorer.

I booked this cruise on Thursday aboard Celebrity Century. In addition to the great price I'm getting the extra obc. Thanks for sharing this amazing bargain.

I'm looking at a cruise that's 778 total for 5 days to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. That's about 150/day. That seems reasonable right? I was looking at resorts in the Caribbean for February and I couldn't find anything for under 300/night. I think I'm going to book.

I booked this cruise on Thursday aboard Celebrity Century. In addition to the great price I'm getting the extra obc. Thanks for sharing this amazing bargain.

cruise pup - come join our roll call - it's a great group. I know there will be other "solos" on this cruise. Yes - it's an amazing bargain that is disappearing rapidly. Final payment is today, so it will be interesting to see what rooms open up. You might want to monitor the availability to see if a better location turns up for your category. IMO aft near the elevators is a good location on the Explorer.

In case anyone might be interested, there is a great deal going on right now on the Nov. 7th 2011 sailing of Royal Carribean's Adventure of the Seas. It's a 13nt. transatlantic departing from Malaga, Spain and ending in San Juan P.R. Inside cabins can be had for under $1000 single occ. with all taxes. Five ports of call- three ports in the Canary Islands, Funchal(Portugal) Madeira, and St. Maarten. I put my deposit down yesterday, and also received $50 onboard credit. Something different for anyone like myself who has visited the usual big European ports like Rome, Barcelona, Venice, etc. on previous travels.

Hi Lois!:D

Tony

cruise pup - come join our roll call - it's a great group. I know there will be other "solos" on this cruise. Yes - it's an amazing bargain that is disappearing rapidly. Final payment is today, so it will be interesting to see what rooms open up. You might want to monitor the availability to see if a better location turns up for your category. IMO aft near the elevators is a good location on the Explorer.
I already started monitoring cabins. Besides location, I am trying to avoid cabins with doors adjoining the cabin next door. Too much noise and it can affect with the cabin layout.

About ten days ago I booked Norwegian Dawn, leaving Miami, 12/12/10

stopping at Caymans and Cozumel, $449 pp for a junior suite/w balcony.

Great deal, you have to keep watching every day..

However, I have to fly to Miami but no big deal..

February is a tough time to get deals..

I'm looking at a cruise that's 778 total for 5 days to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. That's about 150/day. That seems reasonable right? I was looking at resorts in the Caribbean for February and I couldn't find anything for under 300/night. I think I'm going to book.

Already relocated to a midship cabin with no adjoining cabins on either side. Just what I'd hope would become available.

cruise pup - post your cabin on our roll call. Perhaps you would like to show it on the cabin crawl? I don't think there is any downside to giving out your cabin number - folks can leave you a phone message or a post-it note if something is happening.

Hey Everyone, Count me in for the Expolorer of the Seas, February 6, 2011, sailing. I booked while onboard the Adventure and was also able to avoid a connecting cabin. :-) Looking forward to meeting all who are going to be aboard !! Thanks for the heads up on the great deal.