Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just wondering -- Are these the same sales that get published on Celebrity's and RCCL's websites every Tuesday, or are these exclusively available to travel agents?

Some don't show on the websites. The Constellation booking I made was not on the website but when I went to the future cruise consultant on the Century she found it. The only other time I booked one of these specials I just called Celebrity and booked it with them. I don't remember if it was showing on their website or not .

I haven't sailed with them, but I just got this:

SINGLES PAY JUST 125% OF THE TOTAL STATEROOM FARE ON SELECTED VOYAGES!

Voyage Dates 2011-2012

AZAMARA JOURNEY®

Feb 27, Mar 11, Mar 23, Apr 4, Apr 17 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy to Venice, Italy

, May 1 Athens (Piraeus), Greece to Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, May 30, Oct 15, Dec 4

AZAMARA QUEST®

2011: Apr 12, Apr 24 Dubai, UAE to Athens (Piraeus), Greece, May 16 Haifa, Israel to Athens (Piraeus), Greece, Nov 27, Dec 11 2012: Apr 12, Apr 24

I just finished an Azamara Journey cruise to Mexico as a solo and it was outstanding! They don't have much of a kids program and so there aren't many there, the ship is small so it was easy to meet people (and I'm kind of an introvert) and the supplement is 25%.

It was by far the best cruise I've ever taken!

I didn't see these rates???

I haven't sailed with them, but I just got this:

SINGLES PAY JUST 125% OF THE TOTAL STATEROOM FARE ON SELECTED VOYAGES!

Voyage Dates 2011-2012

AZAMARA JOURNEY®

Feb 27, Mar 11, Mar 23, Apr 4, Apr 17 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy to Venice, Italy

, May 1 Athens (Piraeus), Greece to Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, May 30, Oct 15, Dec 4

AZAMARA QUEST®

2011: Apr 12, Apr 24 Dubai, UAE to Athens (Piraeus), Greece, May 16 Haifa, Israel to Athens (Piraeus), Greece, Nov 27, Dec 11 2012: Apr 12, Apr 24

I bought my Balcony for a similar price in December.

I could not find it on any website. I asked for a Promenade cabin and the agent put the balcony price down for approx $50 extra. I replied book. I could not find that price anywhere.

The point is, the balcony deal that was posted WAS availabale.

Just a reminder, in order to keep this thread alive, the board rules state that any great solo deals posted here must be available at the Cruiseline's own website.

i.e. not a special group rate at a particular online site, or maybe a one time phone deal.

Also wanted to mention, that some posters will mention a rate they got a week ago or whatever, that doesn't help people who read this and can no longer get the deal.

Anyway, i appreciate this thread immensely, as i have booked at least 3 cruises based on deals that have been posted.

This coming Tuesday and Wednesday Celebrity is having REALLY LOW

prices on some last minute cruises. If you can sail in March and/or April

you might want to check out there specials. You have to book on these

2 days. Some of the SS are 150% but even if it was 200? The price

of the cruises are VERY LOW.

Here is a link and this is allowed because it is through the cruiseline:)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

There are 4 pages of choices.....that is ALOT.

This coming Tuesday and Wednesday Celebrity is having REALLY LOW

prices on some last minute cruises. If you can sail in March and/or April

you might want to check out there specials. You have to book on these

2 days. Some of the SS are 150% but even if it was 200? The price

of the cruises are VERY LOW.

Here is a link and this is allowed because it is through the cruiseline:)

creative.rccl.com/sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

There are 4 pages of choices.....that is ALOT.

(The 4/8/11 sailing of Celebrity Millennium is now nearly sold out, but thought you'd be interested in what I saw on Friday 2/25/11.)

Based on your info (thanks!), I just booked a Concierge/Veranda/Balcony on Celebrity Millennium for 4/8/11 for a 10-day southern out of San Juan. It was $749 based on double occupancy (DO). The solo price was $999 which is only 133%.

Not bad for 10 days on a Veranda with 7 ports!

Getting to San Juan can be expensive, but Airtran has $179 each way depending on dates.

The Interior price was $599 DO or $774 for solo which is 129%.

The Oceanview was $799 DO (more than balcony) or $1849 for solo which is 231%. (Yes, that is very odd.)

The whole thing could be a typo in the system. Either way, it is well worth your time to watch Celebrity's Tuesday Specials list.

Thanks again for the lead!

Edited by Diplomat1

(The 4/8/11 sailing of Celebrity Millennium is now nearly sold out, but thought you'd be interested in what I saw on Friday 2/25/11.)

Based on your info (thanks!), I just booked a Concierge/Veranda/Balcony on Celebrity Millennium for 4/8/11 for a 10-day southern out of San Juan. It was $749 based on double occupancy (DO). The solo price was $999 which is only 133%.

Getting to San Juan can be expensive, but Airtran has $179 each way depending on dates.

The Oceanview was $799 DO (more than balcony) or $1849 for solo which is 231%. (Yes, that is very odd.)

The whole thing could be a typo in the system. Either way, it is well worth your time to watch Celebrity's Tuesday Specials list.

Glad to help:).....and glad you got such a great price too:D and

10 nights is AWESOME. Have a wonderful time.

Great deal. Did you check the ChoiceAir rates? You can do very well with them plus you're covered if your flight is delayed.

Great deal. Did you check the ChoiceAir rates? You can do very well with them plus you're covered if your flight is delayed.

It was cheaper to book direct with the airline and add $59 cruise protection.

Today, that same cruise has inside rooms (under "Exciting Deals") for just $599 based on double occupancy or $774 for solo which is 129% single supplement. Not bad for a 10-day cruise.

Edited by Diplomat1

FYI---booked Ruby Princess Oct. 19 T-A Venice 18 days for $133 per day in a "j" catagory including taxes and insurance. Not the best price ever but some med ports before the T-A. cc board on this cruise is 642 pages long!???

Always love this site-----------:)

The cruise booked for 2012 is a bargain imho for a solo like me...

37 days, including flights in a solo cabin (not twin at single rate) for £3090.

Costa Classica, the full itinerary is in my signature below :)

[ ... ]

And then....12 April 2012 - Costa Classica - 37 Days of Relaxation & Exploration - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, Colombo, Maldives, Goa, Mumbai, Dubai, Fujairah, Muscat, Salalah, Safaga, Sharm el Sheikh, Alexandria, Corfu, Dubrovnik & Venice :D

You had me at "Phuket". ;)

Honeymoon-Suite-balcony-3-L.jpg

Since DH is finding it more and more difficult to cruise and I'm finding it more and more difficult NOT to cruise, my future cruises may be by myself.

I love all the information about "solo" cruising and how to save money while doing it. When we did cruise as a couple he would need to go back to the cabin and rest and I would set out to read by the pool or have a drink in a lounge or just people watch out on deck. You are truly never alone onboard a cruise ship. There are lots of folks just like you or couples who love to stop and chit-chat.

It's easy to find a seat next to a stranger and strike-up a conversation, or not. You can be as alone as you want to be. I prefer the company of others and enjoy small talk or lenghthy conversations about "this" or "that!"

I hope to see some of you on one of my "solo" cruises.

Usually I'm cruising with my Service Dog, Brenda. She'll be retiring this year and I'll have a new cruising buddy Service Dog with me, while Brenda will stay at home with DH. It'll feel pretty weird at first to not have my faithful girl by my side but she needs to rest at the ripe age of 11 she's earned her "down" time.

See you onboard. :)

Roz

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Can anyone tell me if Carnival has dropped the Single 150% rate? When I look it up, in the 1A cat, I get one rate and when I go to book it doubles the single rate and only saves the taxes on one person. Did I miss something? I haven't been able to cruise since my Brother and Dad had cancer. I have lost them both and need to take a cruise.

Can anyone tell me if Carnival has dropped the Single 150% rate? When I look it up, in the 1A cat, I get one rate and when I go to book it doubles the single rate and only saves the taxes on one person. Did I miss something? I haven't been able to cruise since my Brother and Dad had cancer. I have lost them both and need to take a cruise.

Yes, they have dropped it. As of mid-summer they no longer allow the discount. There are other cruiselines with good deals. Just have to shop around. Good luck on finding that getaway cruise.

Just booked Celebrity Eclipse - Aquaclass Verandah on the Penthouse deck - 7 nights - April 2nd out of Miami - solo - 1,076.78 with prepaid gratuities!!

Congratulations, she is a beautiful ship:)