WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Summit entertainment added, Ken Mills confirmed as CD May 31 as Rich moves to Solstice.

The entertainers listed as "lounge" perform in Rendezvous or Ensemble lounge. The House Band used to be called the Party Band which performed around the pool and in the Atrium on S-class. (I think I got it?)

Onboard%20May%2028_zpsfll7njmi.png

What difference does it make how does this make your cruise any better.I am serious I really want to know because I don't understand how it makes a difference who the Captain how does a man you will probably never see make the cruise any better or worse ok he could make it worseif He crashes on to the Rocks:eek:

Many of those who cruise this line frequently have gotten to know a lot of the officers and staff -- it is nice to know who will be working on your ship when you cruise. On Celebrity you often see the officers out and about -- having coffee at Al Bacio, lunch in Oceanview, they are visible and friendly. Maybe this isn't the norm on other lines, but it is the norm on Celebrity.

What difference...

To those of us who've cruised many times we get to know the staff. X senior staff are very visible and you can speak to anyone...even the captain. Some are more personable then others and for me, to know a certain officer on board adds to the anticipation for having a good time.'On our Century cruise, we saw Raffale get on board before our cruise ended. We enjoyed sailing with him on another ship and he told us he'll be on our Silhouette sailing. He invited us to eat with him when we sail next week.

My question for you is, if you don't care why bother going on this thread?

What difference does it make how does this make your cruise any better.I am serious I really want to know because I don't understand how it makes a difference who the Captain how does a man you will probably never see make the cruise any better or worse ok he could make it worseif He crashes on to the Rocks:eek:

Just like TV, if you don't like what's on the channel you can turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Just like TV, if you don't like what's on the channel you can turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Agree with the sentiment of this post. However in reality it isn't true. if something is on the TV that I don't like I cannot simply turn the TV off or even change channel.....

SWMBO might like the programme that is showing [emoji32][emoji32]

Before I was on the Constellation under Capt. Tasos in 2013 I would have totally agreed with you. Now I am so hoping he is captain when we are on the Constellation in August. It will make what I know will be a perfect cruise into an even more perfect one! Awesome captain.

Before I was on the Constellation under Capt. Tasos in 2013 I would have totally agreed with you. Now I am so hoping he is captain when we are on the Constellation in August. It will make what I know will be a perfect cruise into an even more perfect one! Awesome captain.

Could not agree more! Captain Tasos made the Norwegian Fjord Cruise in 2013 something very special! His relation with crew and passengers, 360 donut in the middle of the Geiranger , fishing in Olden, relaxed attitude, Wow what a spirit!

Oh, a CD can also make the difference. Richard Spacey a good entertainer but the worst CD on high seas. Head of entertainment is in my opinion just a part of the job.

Richard, we were on three B2Bs starting June 1, 2013 so we were on the same cruise. The (controlled) donut in the fjord and Zorba the Greek in the theatre will be remembered always.

I will tell you how a captain can make a difference. We did a cruise on the Silhouette the last week in Jan 2015. On two different ports, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica the water was too rough to "drop anchor" at the original places. Our captain, was looking a couple of days in advance all the time, noted the possibility of weather causing a problem, and arranged for alternate plans for mooring his ship.

So what happened is, he was able to secure a place on the leeward side of Grand Cayman where the water was smooth. We went ashore in the tenders as we would have if we had anchored off George Town. The difference was Celebrity chartered buses to take us from this anchorage to George Town.

In Jamaica, we were supposed to go to Falmouth. Our captain was able to secure us a dock at Montenegro Bay.

There at least two other cruise ships on the same circuit as us who could not make those ports, so their passengers had two less port calls and two more sea days.

I guess depending on your likes, that may have been good, but it would not have been for me.

In this case the Captain made a huge difference.

Kyle Dodson took over from Alejandro as Cruise Director on Constellation.

May 16 - 28 sailing of the Constellation:

Captain: Tasos Kafetzis (love those Kafetzis brothers as captains)

Hotel Director: Martin Fowler

Cruise Director - Alejando, goes on vacation, replaced by Kyle Dodson beginning May 28

Staff Captain: Christos Trifyllis (was very visible this cruise)

Guest Relations: Sinisa Micetic

Food & Beverage: Oswald Harbrecht

Executive Chef: Andy Bouchard

Captains Club Host: Graeme

Dance Band/Lounge: Kathleen & the Saints

House Band: Starbridge

Classical Duo: Reka and Julien

Guitar: M Whitesides

DJ: DJ Facunda (Martini Bar) and DJ DLF (Reflections)

Edited by jtravel777

Speaking of captains making all the difference..

For the first time in history, a Celebrity ship docked (vs tender) while in Split, Croatia. The M-class ship is too long for the dock, but Captain Tasos convinced the local authorities that the ship could be properly secured with the short dock. This port does not offer tendering assistance and the tender point was a long way off so making this happen was a major feat and saved hours of time for everyone going ashore.

And Montenegro was the perfect spot to do a donut ...

Edited by jtravel777

Speaking of captains making all the difference..

For the first time in history, a Celebrity ship docked (vs tender) while in Split, Croatia. The M-class ship is too long for the dock, but Captain Tasos convinced the local authorities that the ship could be properly secured with the short dock. This port does not offer tendering assistance and the tender point was a long way off so making this happen was a major feat and saved hours of time for everyone going ashore.

Bitter experience made me double my efforts to become Elite.

Eclipse anchored off shore in 2010 and it took us 3 hrs to get off the ship.

As you say, there was no assistance from the port for tendering.

I will tell you how a captain can make a difference. We did a cruise on the Silhouette the last week in Jan 2015. On two different ports, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica the water was too rough to "drop anchor" at the original places. Our captain, was looking a couple of days in advance all the time, noted the possibility of weather causing a problem, and arranged for alternate plans for mooring his ship.

So what happened is, he was able to secure a place on the leeward side of Grand Cayman where the water was smooth. We went ashore in the tenders as we would have if we had anchored off George Town. The difference was Celebrity chartered buses to take us from this anchorage to George Town.

In Jamaica, we were supposed to go to Falmouth. Our captain was able to secure us a dock at Montenegro Bay.

There at least two other cruise ships on the same circuit as us who could not make those ports, so their passengers had two less port calls and two more sea days.

I guess depending on your likes, that may have been good, but it would not have been for me.

In this case the Captain made a huge difference.

I'd like to think most Celebrity Captains would make the same effort.;)

It's all about the personalities. It's great to see crew you are familiar with and you've had interaction with previously. There's one thing better. The feeling the crew get when you recognise them!

Phil

Does anyone know when George Iatrau will be beginning his next rotation as master on the Millennium? He is my favourite master and we're sailing the Millie on the 12th of June and wasn't sure if Captain Nestoroudis would be rotating out at the end of May by chance? TIA

May 16 - 28 sailing of the Constellation:

Thank you for the Constellation update.

Does anyone know when George Iatrau will be beginning his next rotation as master on the Millennium?

The rotation must be getting very close.

Thanks Arno for your chart.

Is there any way to know officer/entertainment onboard the 11/30/15 Equinox cruise?

Barbara

There is no way to predict who will be on because contracts vary by position. I know which captain will be on board because of the three month rotation but other info will remain a mystery unless passengers on board can ask individual entertainers and staff members.

Since we are on that sailing, I am a curious as anyone else on that sailing.

Hi Arno,

I don't have my Summit dailies on me as I'm at work but our party band was named Funky T not Bandmates.

Ashley (Captain's Club Hostess) will be on vacation July and August - returning to Summit on September 8th when they stop in Boston, MA.

Not sure who is replacing her those 2 months.

Anne Maria