WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Esperanza was CD on Solstic may 2013. Most inconspicous and ineffective CD imaginable:(

Now that does surprise me. She was such a fantastic Activities Manager. I just can't imagine her ever being inconspicuous or ineffective!

Now that does surprise me. She was such a fantastic Activities Manager. I just can't imagine her ever being inconspicuous or ineffective!

Not just me that said it. In fact one of the very experienced F & B staff said it was the first cruise he had been on without a CD !

Hi, just got off the Silhouette and staff were as follows:

Capt: Emmanouil Alevropoulos - who was fantastic

Staff Capt: Vittori Cantu

Guest Relations Manager : Cameron Robertson

Chief Engineer: Konstantinos Pechlivanidis

Hotel Director: Bradley Pavlik

Cruise Director: Lisa Richards - the best we've had yet

Activities Manager : Tyler (can't remember his last name but he was fabulous!)

Food and Beverages Manager: Koray Savas - very high profile

Executive Chef: Anthony Wilson - the food was the best so far.

Have to say, out of 3 cruises on Silhouette it was the best one yet. Thanks to all.

Who was the Captain's club hostess?

Thanks,

Monica

Hi, just got off the Silhouette and staff were as follows:

Capt: Emmanouil Alevropoulos - who was fantastic

Staff Capt: Vittori Cantu

Guest Relations Manager : Cameron Robertson

Chief Engineer: Konstantinos Pechlivanidis

Hotel Director: Bradley Pavlik

Cruise Director: Lisa Richards - the best we've had yet

Activities Manager : Tyler (can't remember his last name but he was fabulous!)

Food and Beverages Manager: Koray Savas - very high profile

Executive Chef: Anthony Wilson - the food was the best so far.

Have to say, out of 3 cruises on Silhouette it was the best one yet. Thanks to all.

Glad to hear everything was so wonderful as we're sailing in under a month :)

Glad to hear everything was so wonderful as we're sailing in under a month :)

The whole cruise / staff/ passengers was the best we have experienced out of the 3 on Silhouette. We are still sad that we have had to leave her -- you will have a fabulous cruise experience. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Does anyone know the whereabouts these days of the Weir brothers, Simon & Nick? The last I heard, Simon had traded ships for CEL corporate life in Miami. Haven't heard anything about Nick.

Simon Weir has moved over to Royal Caribbean, and I believe he's in charge of their Hotel Operations. Sorry to see him leave Celebrity, but certainly wish him all the best in his new position.

Simon Weir has moved over to Royal Caribbean, and I believe he's in charge of their Hotel Operations. Sorry to see him leave Celebrity, but certainly wish him all the best in his new position.

Not if he takes all the good HDs with him... ;)

I wonder if he had a hand in Bernhard moving over?

Captain: Zisis Taramas

Staff Captain: (a doll!) Dimitris Petras

Captains Club Hostess: Tanushka D'Souza

Executive Chef: Robert Sauer

Cruise Director: Patti Honacki

Food and Bev: Mark Tomley

Chief Engineer: Stavros Zannikos

GRM: Mario Tavares

HD: Jan Willem Kuipers

:D:D

Edited by tikigal

Just shows how tastes differ. We find JC to be the most obnoxious cruise director on Celebrity.

I'm with you on this! He was on Constellation last cruise (and this current one) and I thought he was an idiot. He thinks he's very funny, and if he'd stopped laughing at himself, the morning shows could have been 5 minutes shorter. Even worse, he ruined the newlywed/not-so-newlywed show by wasting 15 minutes at the start just talking to the couples! He ended up running out of time and not being able to to the 2nd round where the wives get asked questions and the husbands have to guess the answers! I've never seen that before.

I also find his using initials and not his real name to be ridiculous.

I usually don't care much one way or the other about CD's but really disliked him.

Update - I see the JC being referred to earlier was a "James Cox". Ours only went by JC so I'm not sure if it is the same person and perhaps he's decided to go incognito.

Edited by MisterBill99

Strangely, many names are different than the last post here from July..

Master: Captain Nikolaos Frantzis

Chief Engineer: Nikolaos Politsis

Staff Captain: Filippos Adelfoulakos

Hotel Director: Marcela Salum

F&B Manager: Karl Hallberg (he did not enjoy our last conversations, where I pointed out that the chef's recommended dish in the Celebrity Daily had been wrong most days)

Executive Chef: Jason Banyon

Guest Relations: Touch Ung

Cruise Director: JC (ugh)

Captains Club Host: Lionel

Music: Carousel (party band), String Harmony (string trio), Fade to Blue (jazz quartet) Guitar Sean Golden

Edited by MisterBill99

I'm with you on this! He was on Constellation last cruise (and this current one) and I thought he was an idiot. He thinks he's very funny, and if he'd stopped laughing at himself, the morning shows could have been 5 minutes shorter. Even worse, he ruined the newlywed/not-so-newlywed show by wasting 15 minutes at the start just talking to the couples! He ended up running out of time and not being able to to the 2nd round where the wives get asked questions and the husbands have to guess the answers! I've never seen that before.

I also find his using initials and not his real name to be ridiculous.

I usually don't care much one way or the other about CD's but really disliked him.

Update - I see the JC being referred to earlier was a "James Cox". Ours only went by JC so I'm not sure if it is the same person and perhaps he's decided to go incognito.

Yes it is the same on. He has always called himself JC as far as I know. Unfortunately we had him on 2 different cruise ships (Eclipse and Infinity). We are on the Equinox in November for a back to back, hope he hasn't changed to Equinox by November.

This is a picture of James Calhoun a CD with Celebrity:

JamesCalhounCD.png

Perhaps the JC is not James Cox but James Calhoun?

Yes, that looks like him (I can post the picture from the sheet, if necessary). BTW, I read his bio and it says he used to have a band "Jamie Frasier & The Majors" so I was thinking that might be his name. Maybe not.

I did mention how much I disliked him on my comment form.

I last saw Nick Weir on Seabourn in 2009, he was the CD. Wow, that name brought up memories!

Yes, that looks like him (I can post the picture from the sheet, if necessary). BTW, I read his bio and it says he used to have a band "Jamie Frasier & The Majors" so I was thinking that might be his name. Maybe not.

I did mention how much I disliked him on my comment form.

note the 2008 post with no additional info.

01/10/2008

Gender Male

Personal Information Jamie Frasier’s illustrious career has led him from international acclaim on world class cruise lines to the kaleidoscopic world of high profile corporate entertainment. Since his childhood Jamie's unique vocal ability and charismatic nature has captivated audiences the world over. Now at 29 years young, Jamie is in his prime and stirring up the Nations capital with his very own sensational band "The Majors". Comprised only of the finest musicians this 8-18 piece 'Supersonic Swing' band are currently taking London by storm, bringing back the fast paced, energetic classics of the 40’s, 50’s & 60’s.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

note the 2008 post with no additional info.

When I saw him and asked about the initials, I asked if he was in witness protection or something (which is the excuse I use when refusing onboard pictures - can't take credit for it, I got it from someone else here on CC). He chuckled (not his usual excessive laugh) but didn't give me an answer as to why he just used initials.

Edited by MisterBill99