Ed! How were the waffles on the Solstice???

gkm

Ed, we're all waiting for your "waffle" review. How were they?????:D:D:DGarry

I am not Ed but did experience the waffle's on the Solstice.

Like all Celebrity ships they are fresh made. Waffle maker right their behind the counter.

With that said when I went for the waffle's they were alraedy made sitting their for me (and others). Did not see them being made like on other ships but they still taste fresh and good

This sounds similar to the waffle and pancake station we experienced recently on the Galaxy. My only complaint was that there was no technology to keep them all warm while waiting for the next diner.

Harry

Saw a young girl ask for waffles this morning and the guy told her they were not available. She looked so disappointed. Not only was the cruise over, but she had to leave waffle-less.

Turns out, there were some additional waffle makers on the other side of the room being made fresh and hot. I hope the girl found them at some point because they were delish!

Ed, we're all waiting for your "waffle" review. How were they?????:D:D:D

Garry

Garry,

They were great! But, only if you got them directly off of the grill. If they had some in the warming tray, I let folks go around me, and I always asked for fresh ones. Or, if there was no line, I waited until he put out fresh ones. There was never a problem in doing so. Even a lot of the crew were eating them. ;)

Garry,

They were great! But, only if you got them directly off of the grill. If they had some in the warming tray, I let folks go around me, and I always asked for fresh ones. Or, if there was no line, I waited until he put out fresh ones. There was never a problem in doing so. Even a lot of the crew were eating them. ;)

Hi Ed !

Welcome Home. I hope you had a great time on Solstice. I agree about the Waffles, as I dont like them if they have been laying around for long. On our sailing, they were short of Waffle machines, so we never had any Waffle surplus. Which begs the question Ed.... Is there truly such a thing as Waffle surplus ? :)

I'm curious.... did it seem they had enough Waffle machines on your sailings ?

Over Christmas, we never saw waffles make it to the holding tray, and never waited more than three minutes (there is a timer on the waffle maker) in line. Fresh and great. I'm putting the whipped cream maker on my wish list.

Hi Ed !

Welcome Home. I hope you had a great time on Solstice. I agree about the Waffles, as I dont like them if they have been laying around for long. On our sailing, they were short of Waffle machines, so we never had any Waffle surplus. Which begs the question Ed.... Is there truly such a thing as Waffle surplus ? :)

I'm curious.... did it seem they had enough Waffle machines on your sailings ?

I just got off the Solstice yesterday after doing a B2B with Ed. I can tell you he liked the waffles TOO much!:D He gained about 20 pounds!

We had a great time together.

Ask him about the glass blowing.

For goodness sake do people not make waffles at home?

They are so incredibly simple to make I cannot believe how people go on about it.

So here is a simple waffle recipe

• 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups milk

Geeze just pour the mixture on a hot pan and brown them to your satisfaction, put any kind of fruit you wish on them. :rolleyes:

I guess if you are to lazy to make em yourselves then waffles seem a luxury. :eek:

Yes Ed,

Do tell us about the glass blowing and more. What's your fav dinning room? We board her Jan 18th for only 1 week and I don't want to miss anything! I remember meeting you folks over waffles a couple of years ago.

For goodness sake do people not make waffles at home?

They are so incredibly simple to make I cannot believe how people go on about it.

I guess if you are to lazy to make em yourselves then waffles seem a luxury.

If you don't understand, better to just let it be and not question it than to let it irritate you...

Most of us don't own a waffle iron, don't want to take the time in the morning to COOK, and enjoy being pampered with waffles and all the fixings that we can get on board ship.

I suppose I could make waffles if I had a mind to, but they sure do taste better when I don't have to cook them and can just stand there and hold my plate out and say "please, may I have 2?":D:D:D

Garry

Most of us don't own a waffle iron, don't want to take the time in the morning to COOK, and enjoy being pampered with waffles and all the fixings that we can get on board ship.

I suppose I could make waffles if I had a mind to, but they sure do taste better when I don't have to cook them and can just stand there and hold my plate out and say "please, may I have 2?":D:D:D

Garry

Enough said, the waffles are nothing extraordinary, we just don't have to cook them ourselves.:D

Archived