S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship..silhouette

cabin..1545

deck..11

class..a2

bed near..window

quiet.. Some noise if your a real light sleeper. Am

balcony size.. Normal. 2 chairs and stool and table

wind problem..no

soot problem..no

problem/comments.. No problems. The location was great 2 cabins forward to get to forward elevators.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 9378

DECK #: 9

CLASS: C-1

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: Full Aft

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than some of the other aft rows

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No, saw some soot in end of balcony water drain but never on deck or chairs

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great cabin, quiet with wake sounds and view, great view of night sky, the walk to elevators not a problem: a good stretch of the legs :-)

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 7266

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2A

AREA: Midship

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Loved the location of this cabin so much, we booked it again for our next cruise. It is right outside the automatic doors to The Hideaway. Decent coffee is just steps away. It is also close to the elevators and an easy ride to the pool, the buffet and many other venues on the ship.

SHIP: SILHOUETTE

CABIN #: 1636

DECK #: 11

CLASS: C-2

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: BALCONY

QUIET?: YES

BALCONY VIEW: OK

BALCONY SIZE: OK

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Room was approximately 10 doors down from the mid/aft elevator. There were 2 chairs, one small table and two foot stools on the balcony.

Correction - Class is A2 not C-2

Debbi

CABIN #: 1044

DECK #:

CLASS: C2

AREA: front hump Starboard

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Great location near forward elevators. First time on hump which faces slighly rearward. Would recommend without reservation.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 2139

DECK #: 12

AREA: 3/4 of the way down the hallway from the glass elevators next to the pool

BED NEAR: Closet

QUIET?: NO!

BALCONY VIEW: Pillar blocked view to the right, bump further forward blocked view of the front of the ship

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: As others have reported, the noise in this cabin (and others nearby) from the Oceanview Cafe above is just terrible. I only heard it starting at 6am (others reported 5am) but you would hear the carts rolling out from the galley. I simply do not understand why Celebrity would choose to place some of their most expensive cabins in a spot like this and not install sufficient soundproofing. I didn't select this cabin myself, it was a GTY assignment and there were no other cabins available to switch to until a couple of days before the cruise at which point I did not want to change (although had I realized how bad it was, I would have). Other than the noise, the location was good and the balcony was OK. But I'd never book a cabin on this deck again.

Edited by MisterBill99

SHIP: Celebrity Reflection

CABIN #: 1646

CLASS: A2

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: Bath

BALCONY SIZE: Standard (2 chairs, 2 stools, table)

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: During rougher seas the metal frame above the balcony squeaked a lot at the boat swayed. This issue was not encountered when seas were calmer.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Mysticks1, well done on the spreadsheet. I too have bookmarked this thread and will post the url on our roll call for others to look at and use. I am not cruising for another year but will update when I am back. Thanks again.

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin: 6159

Category: 2C, partially obstructed

Deck: 6

Bed near: Bathroom

No wind, no soot!

This was a great cabin! Super quiet, close to forward elevator, no noise at all. Obstruction obviously visible but wasn't an issue for us. You could look straight down between the lifeboats, and it was easy to look straight out. It was nice being this close to the water, too.

View while seated:

DSC03187_zpsb25f1f1d.jpg

View forward while leaning over railing:

DSC03188_zps75be10e5.jpg

View backward while leaning over railing:

DSC03190_zps8a570100.jpg

CABIN #: 1618

DECK #:11

CLASS: Aqua 1

AREA: midship

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: very good, no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: very large

WIND A PROBLEM?:NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: this cabin was great! Central to everything. Very quiet and absolutely loved the balcony. Aqua class was totally worth it and we LOVED Blu!ImageUploadedByForums1392942462.979032.jpg.8b208298904535082cdd7e80a52f6178.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1392942365.217397.jpg.011ad415cf16946ff5c4b911670cbaff.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392942384.645646.jpg.d6342284ebffbec517aee44f291865d0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392942406.773205.jpg.a14789536158d91eb6288a51394601b0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392942424.811519.jpg.102dde36b3c47e97ff2ed41746ebb7b6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392942445.972339.jpg.6d07af532fe8b82b353504a4d85d7e41.jpg

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 2110

AREA: MID

BED NEAR: BALCONY

QUIET?: You could hear chairs scraping upstairs in the Cafe at times, including in the early hours of the morning (when I went to the bathroom), but it didn't actually wake me or really bother me. No noise from adjoining cabins at all.

BALCONY VIEW: On the bump out, so could only look aft

BALCONY SIZE: Quite Large (2 chairs, 2 stools, table)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Location was terrific. Just a quick dash to the pool!! Larger balcony was great too, except that the huge overhang of the Cafe meant there was NO sun on the balcony and that made the cabin seem quite dark.

Bed near the window was great for early morning cruising through New Zealand Fjordland - it was wet and cold outside, so I watched from under the doona!!!!!

Edited by Girl from Oz

CABIN #: 1134

CLASS: C3

BALCONY VIEW: Behind On the bump out, so could only look aft

BALCONY SIZE: Normal (2 chairs, 2 stools, table)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Location was terrific. Enjoyed balcony better on Deck 10 than Deck 12, even though it was just average size, as there was sunshine (on some days!!!), and the cabin was markedly brighter.

Bed near the bath and therefore next to the closet is a bit squeezy when the beds are singles, (which gave my son an excuse to leave his clothes on the lounge, as my bed was right up against the closet!!!) but having the lounge near the balcony made up for it!!

Edited by Girl from Oz

Slight adjustment to details on Solstice Cabin #1134

CABIN #: 1134

DECK #: 10

BALCONY VIEW: Behind On the bump out, so could only look aft

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Location was terrific. Enjoyed balcony better on Deck 10 than Deck 12, even though it was just average size, as there was sunshine (on some days!!!), and the cabin was markedly brighter.

Bed near the bath and therefore next to the closet is a bit squeezy when the beds are singles, (which gave my son an excuse to leave his clothes on the lounge, as my bed was right up against the closet!!!) but having the lounge near the balcony made up for it!!

Just off Equinox - here's the info on our cabin:

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 6160

DECK #: 6 - Continental Deck

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Starbord side - just after bump-out - close to forward elevators

BED NEAR: Windows

BALCONY VIEW: Lifeboat at floor level - lifeboat support just aft of balcony

BALCONY SIZE: average size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Typical veranda room - slight lifeboat obstruction but not a big problem. Proximity to forward elevators a plus.

Mysticks1, well done on the spreadsheet. I too have bookmarked this thread and will post the url on our roll call for others to look at and use. I am not cruising for another year but will update when I am back. Thanks again.

FYI, Mysticks1 is long gone from this board. I am continuing to update the spreadsheet and thanks!!

SHIP: Celebrity Eclipse

CABIN #: 1073

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C3

AREA: FWD/Port

BED NEAR: Balcony. Feet face toward front.

QUIET?: Overall fine. Since it is close to elevators you could hear at times the ping of the elevator. Not a big issue.

BALCONY VIEW: Nice view out and when you looked down you were above the open deck on 6. So no lifeboats roofs to look at directly below.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Yes. We had strong winds for a few days and the balcony divider between 1073 & 1075 was banging. Even though it was locked and in place there is a gap that allowed it to rattle.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very close to elevators. As you open the door you can see the elevator banks. Very handy to be close to stairs and elevators.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2190

Class – S2 (Handicap accessible)

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Both, due to room layout

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – minor noise at night.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large, wider, not deeper that standard S2 cabins.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? Because of the layout for Handicap accessibility, the room had less storage, but larger bath and square footage.

Any other comments?

CABIN #: 1569

CLASS: A1

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: very

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed except for support beam (minimal)

BALCONY SIZE: average

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: if you are looking for connecting balconies, book 1569 with 1567, not 1571 as the support beam makes it that you cannot fully open the privacy screen between balconies.

CABIN #: 1571

CLASS: AQ1

BED NEAR: door

QUIET?: No. There was a creaking/squeak that was heard all night. Never figured out where it came from or how to get rid of it.

BALCONY VIEW: typical

BALCONY SIZE: typical

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: If you want connecting balconies, book 1571 & 1573, as you cannot open the privacy screen in full between 1569 & 1571.

Ship: REFLECTION

Cabin: 7262

Deck: 7

Class: 1A

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet: Yes, very quiet

Balcony view: Forward looking;spectacular

Balcony size: Extra large; angled

Wind a Problem: Yes, when sailing into moderate headwind

Soot a problem: No

Ship: Equinox

Cabin: 1546

Deck: 11

Class: A2

Bed near: Bath

Quiet: Yes, very quiet

Balcony view: Forward and backwards

Balcony size: standard

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a problem: No

Problems/Comments: This was a great cabin that was very quiet and located near the forward stairs/elevators.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 2153

CLASS: S2

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Mostly quiet, noticed some scraping of chairs from above around 5am the first couple of mornings but then didn't notice it the rest of the trip.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal sized for the class. Plenty of space for two with two chairs, two footstools, and a nice table.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No soot

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Had thought the overhang would be a problem but turned out to be great as it provided shelter from the mid day sun and meant our balcony was still usable on the rare occasion it rained unlike lower aft cabins which appear to have no shelter. Also no problem with soot on this balcony. We had thought this cabin would be very noisy but found it to be mostly quiet especially in the evenings and late night, no noise from corridors or neighbors, just the occasional scraping of chairs from above early morning and peak dining times.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1506

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Starboard/Fwd

BED NEAR: Balcony - Feet face Aft.

BALCONY VIEW: Very Good - Can easily see over the bridge.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard - Good depth for chairs and footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: Only with both balcony and stateroom doors open at the same time. Nice wind-tunnel effect!

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: 3rd stateroom from Relaxation Room. 7th stateroom from stairway to Aquaspa (for Persian Garden), one deck above. Wore our plush robes straight from our stateroom to both of these locations. Furthest location from Blu in Aqua Class, so added fitness benefit to and from meals, twice daily. Agree with the vibration aspect as noted in the Solstice comments for the same stateroom. This appeared to be mainly when the ship was reversing and turning out of port.

136876548_BalconyViewForward1.jpg.48200bd5fff778b93ac1a36fd753745f.jpg

1984146605_BalconyViewForward2.jpg.038ad39ea97adc8b455062ed56b2a8f9.jpg