S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

CABIN #: 1657

DECK #: 11

CLASS: A2

AREA: Port, aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: not a sound

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent view all around

BALCONY SIZE: standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: A very nice room nearly all the way aft. A hike to the elevators which is a plus for me!

CABIN #: 6292

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C

AREA: Starboard, aft

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Slight sound from the engines but not a problem at all

BALCONY VIEW: We knew we would be above the roof of QSine and picked this cabin in preference to one overlooking the lifeboats. To be honest we thought it was fine - we knew we wouldn't be looking down to the sea but we could still see very well

BALCONY SIZE: larger than standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: A great room loved waking up and seeing the ports - we definitely picked the right sight of the ship for our 11 night Eastern Med Itinerary. There was one issue though - when docking the thrusters made the bed vibrate and did tend to wake us up. For this reason I am not sure I would book this room again but perhaps we are just light sleepers. Other than that it could be said it was a walk to the lifts but we don't mind a walk.

Library Lady....thank you for doing this. I check it often since the S-class are now my favorite cruise ships.

CABIN #: 1008

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Starboard, midship

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Perfectly silent

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent view forward all the way to the bridge, but because just forward of the hump, could not see the aft section of the ship. This didn't matter one bit.

BALCONY SIZE: huge -- 3x the normal sized balcony

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This was the nicest room ever; everything was just perfect. Location was perfect -- next to the library and midship elevators. Celebrity does a great job of cordoning off the hallways from the public areas, such as the library. We never heard any noise from hallway or neighboring cabins.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1648

CLASS: Aqua2

AREA: starboard aft

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: awesome

BALCONY SIZE: normal

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Plan to cruise next year in either A1 or A2. Very much enjoyed the aqua perks.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1401

CLASS: C2

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: window

BALCONY VIEW: forward only due to angled balcony

BALCONY SIZE: bigger than standard with a solid wall one side and only 1 set of neighbours

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: great room, yes its at the end of the corridor but there is only 1 set of neighbours so noise is limited and you can leave half the curtains open when changing

CABIN #: 8328

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Inside

AREA: Aft starboard

BED NEAR: centre

QUIET?: yes but next to service area on one side

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?:n/a

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: a good size inside cabin with a chair rather than a sofa. No noise problems

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 6290

Deck #: 6

Class: 2C Balcony Stateroom

Area: Starboard, very aft of midship

Bed Near: Bed near Bathroom

Quiet: Totally quiet, except when docking there was some vibration for a few minutes.

Balcony view: No obstructions looking out or to the side, cannot look down to the water as 3 meter overhang from restaurant roof below. This was not an issue at all.

Balcony size: About 1 meter longer (deeper) than standard; table, two chairs. Very spacious.

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/Comments: No problems, no comments.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 2176

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite 2

AREA: Starbord, mid

QUIET?: Some noise from Seaview above...but not as bad as some have posted. Just some carts wheeling about early morning...but nothing that woudl wake us up.

BALCONY VIEW: Overhang from deck 14 above, and support beams for said overhang got in the way

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: It was great to have a sky suite, but I would not book this cabin again. Being an avid photographer, I felt constricted by the overhang and the support poles. I would book an aft next time around.

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 2199

CLASS: Sky Suite 2

AREA: Port side, aft

QUIET?: noise from Seaview above: during the day, sometimes during the night and early morning. Was thinking there's thunder. Also you can hear the noise if someone wearing high heels, tok tok tok

BALCONY VIEW: Overhang from deck 14 above, and support beams for the overhang got in the way

BALCONY SIZE: standard, 2 sun chairs, 2 stools, one large round table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We would not book this cabin again. We felt constricted by the overhang and the support poles. And it was to noisy because the buffet area above

Ship: Solstice

Deck: 11 Penthouse

Cabin Number: 1506

Class: Aquaclass 2

Starboard or Port Side: Starboard

Bed near balcony or bath: Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting.) Reasonably quiet. We heard someone on a treadmill once at 10:30 PM, but this was faint, and I probably wouldn't have noticed it except that I was paying particular attention to sounds in the cabin, so that I could complete this report. We also heard someone drop some heavy equipment (weights?) once. The cabin is not directly under any gym equipment...I think it is under the open space in front of the forward doors in the gym. For us, the occasional overhead sound was no problem.

However, there was a fair amount of vibration for short periods in the morning, possibly from docking, but usually after we were already docked, so I don't actually know the cause. Sometimes the whole cabin would shudder significantly for 3-4 minutes.

Balcony View: This cabin is the third cabin from the bridge, but one deck up, so you can see over the bridge quite well. As another poster mentioned, you can see quite clearly over the bridge, but it IS there within your general view forward, if this is something that would bother you. We actually found it interesting, on the few times we saw people on the bridge. I never felt there was any impact on our privacy while on the balcony. We could see all the way forward and aft, so never felt there was any obstruction to our view.

Balcony Size: Standard for this class of ship, and quite adequate for the 2 deck chairs and foot stools that are provided. Good amount of sun on the balcony.

Was wind a problem: Not at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem: N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin: The shuddering, as mentioned, was notable, but didn't really bother us, as it generally seemed to happen after 7:00 am.

It's a bit of a hike to the aft of the ship, but the location is very convenient for the Spa, the Aquaspa Cafe, and the Theatre. The forward elevators always arrived quickly, no waiting, so we usually used them, and crossed the length of the ship on Deck 5 if going to dinner in Blu, or by walking outside on Deck 14, if we were going to the buffet. I actually found the extra walking a bonus. Cabin 1506 is very close to the Relaxation Room, and there is also the "secret" spiral staircase (via short hall opposite cabin 1520) that will take you directly up to the Persian Gardens and a few steps from the Salon, the Solarium and the AquaSpa Cafe.

Any other comments: We had some fairly choppy seas on a few nights, and I felt the effects much more in this cabin than any other we have sailed in. (We usually sail in midships cabins, but have had a few aft cabins. This was our first forward cabin. I am very sensitive to motion, and had to take Bonine most nights while in this cabin.) The motion in the cabin was forward-to-aft, instead of side-to-side. There was quite a bit of up-and-down motion as well. I missed the gentle side-to-side rocking of the ship at bedtime, which we have always experienced in our midships cabins, so for this reason, would prefer not to book a cabin this far forward in the future. Our friends in AQ1540 and AQ1542 on this cruise never experienced any of the shuddering or motion issues, so I would book there happily, as we did like the general forward location.

Excellent cabin service from the very professional Elizabeth and her assistant.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 7225

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2A

AREA: Midship on the hump. Location was perfect for us.

QUIET?: Yes, for the most part. We did hear doors slamming and on occasion nosie from neighboring staterooms.

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderul, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal size

WIND A PROBLEM?: No. We did have some breezy days but it was most welcome.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No soot.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No real problems. The occasional noise didn't bother us and we never had a problem sleeping. We did notice a good amount of vibration when we would sit on the commode in the bathroom.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN 9287

DECK 9

CLASS: C3

AREA: Portside Aft

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: No obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problem, would book again. :)

Not suitable if you have trouble walking as a long way from elevators.

CABIN 8279

DECK 8

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Midship on the Hump

QUIET: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent aft view & no obstruction looking down to the sea.

BALCONY SIZE: Huge

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This was my FIL's cabin & he loved it. Right next to the elevators.

Edited by Maz_1

SHIP: REFLECTION

CABIN #: 9208

DECK #: 9

CLASS:

AREA: MIDSHIP FWD

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: YES

BALCONY VIEW: NICE

BALCONY SIZE: GOOD

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We enjoyed the location of this room as it was close to the forward elevators, which are not used as much as midship elevators. The only problem with this is the forward view is somewhat obstructed because the ship design of indented midship rooms. See a picture of the ship to see the indenture.

Ship: Reflection

Cabin: #7266

Deck: 7

Category: 2A

Area: mid-ship

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet? Yes

Balcony view: perfect

Balcony size: good

Wind a problem: no

Soot a problem: no

Problems/comments: Wonderfully positioned cabin near elevators and midship. View perfect and unobstructed.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

CABIN #: 1184

CLASS: Concierge (C2)

AREA: Aft Starboard

QUIET?: Yes, very.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: No, only on cold days!

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Excellent cabin. Attendants Juvvy and Michael genuinely friendly.

Edited by photabitha

CABIN #: 1403

CLASS: Concierge

AREA:

BED NEAR: bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: from aft to hump

BALCONY SIZE: extra large with an angle

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: quiet location at aft of port side. only attached to cabin 1401

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1673

CLASS: Concierge C1

AREA: aft

BALCONY VIEW: panoramic aft

BALCONY SIZE: normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: wonderful location and best stateroom attendant we've ever had, Aida

CABIN #: 1642

CLASS: Aqua A2

AREA: mid aft starboard

QUIET?: yes - but see comments section.

BALCONY VIEW: normal, only slightly affected by overhang, losing sun by 12 on our particular departure but back later in afternoon.

BALCONY SIZE: normal, good size.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: quiet location, not too far from stairs/lifts. First cabin in row of 9 with air vents above balcony - but not a significant problem.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN: 1676

DECK: 11

CLASS: AQ1

AREA: AFT

QUIET: Not in morning/evening

VIEW: Unobstructed

BAL SIZE: Oversized

WIND: None

SOOT: None

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Cabin is across for room steward's closet & a open area used for storage. Noisy around 8 am and 6 pm as room stewards got prepared to service rooms.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1605

Deck #:11

Class: AQ1

Area: Mid - hump

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Anytime there is an activity on the pool deck that involves music, you will hear the bass in the stateroom. On our sailing, Zumba class was held in the mornings at 9:00 for half an hour and in the afternoons at 4:00pm. Also, on the night where the Party Band played for a pool deck event, which included a Tahitian Fire Dance performance, the ceiling literally buzzed. IMO: these events could be managed and didn't detract from the enjoyment of the room overall.

Balcony view: Oversized - really huge.

Balcony size: Wonderul views forward and aft.

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments:

CABIN #: 2121

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Mid Aft

QUIET?: No noise from cabins. Could barely hear the dreaded carts from the Oceanview. When you did it only lasted a few seconds and wouldn't interrupt sleep.

BALCONY VIEW: Aft

BALCONY SIZE: Good

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Over hang on balcony gave you a little bit of a closed in feeling.