Free things on board that most don't know about

mistyinca

On they Elation, they had a free sushi hour, and a salsa and chips hour. Sometimes at the bar, they will put out potato chips or a pretzel cracker mix. Check the capers for "hidden" activities like tea time, etc. Free drinks on captains night, and if you're a repeat customer, you also get a party with free drinks and hors'douvres. Ice cream cones and ice cream as well, but not sure if they still have that.

Can someone please tell me more about these past cruiser parties? Do you have to show an invitation? Where would one get this? This will only be my 3rd Carnival cruise, but on my second, there was never any invitation to anything like this. And I don't want to miss it!!!!!

I ate Sushi for the first time last weekend and it was okay but I will gladly let you have my share. HAHA

Try the sashimi- raw fish without the rice, etc, which you dip into a washabi, lemon, soy dip. When fresh this is really wonderful. And if not- thanks- I will eat yours, mine, and several others shares. Thanks.

Can someone please tell me more about these past cruiser parties? Do you have to show an invitation? Where would one get this? This will only be my 3rd Carnival cruise, but on my second, there was never any invitation to anything like this. And I don't want to miss it!!!!!

When you book the cruise, be sure to give your past guest number. That way they know you are a past guest.

You'll also get a gold color SS card instead of the blue one. Starting from my 2nd cruise, I did get an invitation. But even if the invitation didn't come, you can go to the purser's desk to ask for one, or even if you know the time/place, just show up. The fact you have a gold SS card shows you are a past guest and they'll let you in.

Most know that room service is free, although you should tip $1-2 because they do not get part of your $10/day tip.

You can order Cappacinno in the dining room. Have them mix it with hot chocolate and you've got a nice mocha drink.

Can we order cappucinos from room service or anywhere else besides dinnertime without having to pay extra at the coffee bar. I'm not a big coffee drinker but it would be nice to have one sometime.:)

When you book the cruise, be sure to give your past guest number. That way they know you are a past guest.

You'll also get a gold color SS card instead of the blue one. Starting from my 2nd cruise, I did get an invitation. But even if the invitation didn't come, you can go to the purser's desk to ask for one, or even if you know the time/place, just show up. The fact you have a gold SS card shows you are a past guest and they'll let you in.

Thanks! I had the gold sail & sign card last time, but maybe they didn't have one because it was only a Monday thru Friday cruise?? Do you think they will have one on a monday thru Saturday cruise?

Can we order cappucinos from room service or anywhere else besides dinnertime without having to pay extra at the coffee bar. I'm not a big coffee drinker but it would be nice to have one sometime.:)

I believe anytime you are in the dining room for a meal you can have it. We LOVE breakfast in the dining room - no holding a tray, no waiting for a table, no up and down for second etc.

Don't think room service has it though....

so your past guest # is that your booking # or what?

past guest number is different from your booking number. if you have the paperwork from your last trip, your past guest number is on that. or if you had signed up on carnival.com, you'll fnd your number there.

If you've done neither, you can call carnival to get your number.

Cappucino is only free in the dining room. It's available there for breakfast, lunch (when the dr is open) and dinner.

If you are VERY lucky you can get a free facial or other spa treatments if you sign up when you get on the ship, they like to have a demonstration going during the day and will some times give for free.

Also at the art auction they give away free works of art, not just the little print at the end of the show. ( I like to frame them and give away as gifts, but not all are nice, lol)

I always thought there was a charge for the sushi bar we passed on our way to the back of the ship. What a great tip. I would have stopped and sampled a couple had I known this!!! Is this true on all the ships? I am going on Valor March 22nd?

Yes...for the ships that have sushi bar...it is always free. My kids loved this fact this past summer.

Thanks! I had the gold sail & sign card last time, but maybe they didn't have one because it was only a Monday thru Friday cruise?? Do you think they will have one on a monday thru Saturday cruise?

There is no past guest party on a 4 day cruise. I don't know about the 5 day cruises. We always attend, by invitation delivered to our cabin, on the 7 day ones!

What was the drink? Are you saying if they don't know how to do it, the drink is free? That could be a great challenge!

Haha...I'm not exactly sure WHY the drink was free, but he definitely handed it to me and carefully watched me take a few sips, then wandered off. There was NO discussion of my sail 'n' sign----and he made me pay for the rest of my drinks, so I do wonder if it was that.

The drink is something a local bar here makes---they call it a "Who's Your Daddy". I'm probably going to mess this up, but from what I remember, it's smaller-amount of Bacardi 151, larger-amount of Malibu Coconut Rum, Midori, splash of Cranberry Juice, and Pineapple Juice. Kinda like a Caribbean Breeze, but no Peach Schnapps. Probably has a "real" name, but I've never seen/gotten one anywhere else.

I hate "girlie" drinks, but it's excellent---tangy and sweet, without being Alabama Slammer/Sex on the Beach sort of cloyingly-sweet. Plus the 151 sneaks under the radar wonderfully. ;)

When I booked for Feb 2010 - I forgot to tell the agent that my name was different in 1991 when I took my only other Carnival Cruise. Does it take an act of Congress to get it straight now for the future trip in 2010- i.e. did I make a huge mistake?

Free souvenirs such as books, magazines, sunglasses, towels, fruit, etc., off of lounge chairs that have been unoccupied for more than 30 minutes.

Have you seen my Foster Grants? I left them on my deck chair...;)

Toooooooo Funny!!!:D

free liquor tasting usually the first night, on the paradise the free shots were flowing quickly, but on the triumph, it was so slow, and you had to stand in line and i didnt have the patience for that.

Mike

what?!? Where?!? Why?!?!

Hi Misty, We're practically neighbors! I live in South Corona. To answer your question:Yes, you will be able to attend both parties.

Anyone that wants to may attend the captain's party. It is usually held on the first formal night during your sailing. The times will be listed in your Capers for two of them (one for early and one for late dinner seatings).

You will receive an invitation to the past guest party in your cabin some time during the week. It is usually later in the afternoon before dinner later in the week. Three and four day sailings usually don't have them, but your seven day cruise will definitely have one.

Just be sure that your reservation has your Carnival Past Guest Number on it. You can also inquire at the Guest Relations Desk about the date and time. They have cocktails, but also will show a video about Carnival's history and give you a chance to purchase raffle tickets for a free cruise at a discounted price..if that's something that interests you. (I personally enjoy the video.)

As to where: both parties will be held in the showroom lounge where the main entertainment shows are held every night. I haven't looked at your ship's layout, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out if you look at a deck plan.

I hope this info helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Hey there! I grew up in Corona and went to Santiago High just moved to Richmond, VA 2 years ago.

Archived