Century dinner menu

Jaxom37

I don't have the menus but the dinners were good. Lunch is no longer served in the dining room on port days. They have a very nice buffet. On one of the sea days, they have a brunch buffet in the dining room. Don't miss it!

I don't have the menus but the dinners were good. Lunch is no longer served in the dining room on port days. They have a very nice buffet. On one of the sea days, they have a brunch buffet in the dining room. Don't miss it!

On our Century cruise earlier this month there wasn't a brunch buffet. I just double checked my dailies to make sure we didn't miss it and there was no notice about a brunch buffet. So they might not offer it on shorter cruises (4-5 day).

I was very disappointed with the new dining room menus. Usually, we have a hard time choosing between two items. But with the new Celebrity menus, it was very easy to decide as only one dish looked appealing to us. In fact one night we ate at the alternative casual dining for the very first time in all our Celebrity cruises. There was absolutely no entree on the main dining room menu that we liked. We did go to the dining room for dessert - earlier we had asked the maitre'd if they were still serving Mohr-im-hemd and he got the chef to make some for us that night.

I agree about the Brunch BUffet. That was terrific. You are seated to a table with l0 others as you walk into the dining room. You are handed menus to choose your hot entrees. After you order your hot choices you get up and go through the buffet to get your cold entrees. It is so much better than any of the Night Buffets. DON'T MISS THIS BREAKFAST BRUNCH. It is usually held on the sea day you won't be missing anything.

marlene

Hi Marlene:), a menu for the brunch? That must be really new.

I was on Mercury in Sept and Galaxy earlier this month and both

sailings had wonderful brunches but there was no menu.

We found a table and put our things there..then went to get

some food and it was absolutely delicious:D

Just off the Century 4 night cruise on Monday. I did not keep dinner menus. I do remember we had prime rib on Thursday, Lobster/seafood was served on formal night Friday, they had salmon on Saturday along with a choice of turkey and gravy.

We went to Murano's on the last evening and that was the highlight of the cruise from a dining experience for us. My wife had the Lobster/scallops main course, and I had a special not on the menu of filet mignon. My starter was goat cheese soufle and it was excellent. If you are really looking for a real dining treat then do yourself a favor and book Murano's.

Mikes3 - are you being mischevious? Those menus have changed quite a bit in 4+ years!

To the OP - I have alway enjoyed the food on Century (that's why I'm back there in April) - try the Aqua Spa cafe for lunch or breakfast- it has great food too and Muranos is superb. The food in the MDR is also excellent with lots of choices and beautifully prepared and presented.

I enjoyed the Brunch too but didn't get a menu either.

Enjoy your cruise - you won't go hungry!!

Mikes3 - are you being mischevious? Those menus have changed quite a bit in 4+ years!

To the OP - I have alway enjoyed the food on Century (that's why I'm back there in April) - try the Aqua Spa cafe for lunch or breakfast- it has great food too and Muranos is superb. The food in the MDR is also excellent with lots of choices and beautifully prepared and presented.

I enjoyed the Brunch too but didn't get a menu either.

Enjoy your cruise - you won't go hungry!!

lol.... no not at all. Didnt see the date in the corner. I guess pricing has changed as well. THen again I read this and the copyright states 2008.

Cuisine:

Celebrity Cruises' just ended its 15 year relationship with renowned Michelin-starred French Master Chef Michel Roux, who had hands-on involvement from designing the ship's galleys to creating menus and even sailing aboard the vessels for spot inspections. For now, the menus remain unchanged and Celebrity has not announced a replacement, however it could happen soon. In any case, outstanding cuisine has always been a part of the Celebrity legacy and one would expect the line not to tinker with a good. If a replacement is named, expect it to be someone with a good deal of panache.

We enjoyed the spa cafe for lunch a couple of days on our December cruise. I was disappointed that the main dining room was only open for lunch on our day at sea. The food in the Oasis Cafe has improved considerably since we were on Century in 2004--especially the stations for pasta, stir fry, and pizza.

Anyone have them? Would appreciate a link :-)

Century 12 menu (June 2008)

Day 1

Baked goats cheese and roasted bell pepper tart

Shrimp cocktail

Duck confit with lingonberry

Millefeuille of mushrooms in a creamy herb sauce

Oven roased tomato and garlic soup

Japanese vegetable consommé

Chilled Tangerine and Apple

Seafood Risotto

Herb crusted South African white fish

Supreme of chicken Saltimbocca

Veal Piccata Milanese

All American Prime Rib

Vanilla Creme Brulee

Raspberry Cheesecake with Mango Coulis

Classis Profiterles

No Sugar Added Apple blueberry crepes

Day 2

Roasted Mediterranean vegetable and balsamic syrup

Crab cocktail

Oysters Rockerfeller

Baked Anjou Pear and Gorgonzola in filo

Cream of chicken soup

French onion soup

Chilled melon and mint soup

Bow tie pasta with sun dried tomato

Grilled Halibut

Gulf Shrimp

Roasted Iowa Pork Loin

Tournedos Rossini

Pineapple and Mango spring roll

Warm apricot Tart

Chocolate Truffle Cake

No Sugar added lemon tulip with fresh fruits

Day 3

Duck and green peppercorn rilettes

Antipasto platter

Escargot

Spinach turnover with emmental cheese sauce

Louisano gumbo

Wild mushroom with sherry cream

Chilled Gaspacho

Spaghetti Carbonara

Flounder with Crabmeat stuffing

Oven Roasted young chicken

Braised lamb steak

New York steak

Tiramisu

Chocolate cake filled with raspberries

Caramelized apple on puff pastry

No sugar added strawberry shortcake

Day 4

San Sebastian Prosciutto and melon

Gravlax of salmon

Montrachet goat cheese and potato gratin

Lump crab cake with mango citrus salsa

Cream of broccoli

Beef consommé

Chilled Vichyssoise

Linguini with Seafood

Salmon Teriyaki

Roast Turkey

Grilled Veal chop

Braised beef short ribs

Warm Alsatian apple tart

Crepes Suzette

Chocolate marquise and pistachio sauce

No sugar added chocolate brownies with cappuccino mousse

Day 5

Seafood Ceviche

Portobello roast bell pepper terrine

Chicken and leek quiche

Thai curried scallops

New England Clam chowder

Vegetable consommé

Chilled Strawberry

Penne pasta Quattro formaggi

Fillet of sole meuniere

Dock a l’orange

Pan seared pork medallions

Nebraska Prime Rib

Caramelised ear flan

Bittersweet chocolate cake

Kahlua pie

No sugar added gypsy roll

Day 6

Chilled beets, feta cheese and frisee

Gravlax of salmon and halibut

Grilled Jalapeno cheese polenta

Greenlip mussels in puff pastry shell

Butternut squash with apple

Chicken and torelini

Chilled black cherry

Drunken shrimp linguini

Atlantic ling cod

Coq au vin grandmothers style

Grilled Iowa centre cut pork chop

Roast Sirlioin of beef

Lemon financier

Poached Anjou pear

Chocolate chiffon pie

No sugar added crepes with sabayon

Day 7

Smoked salmon with cream cheese

Carpaccio of beef tenderloin

Vegetarian egg roll

Frogs legs

Cream of asparagus

Saffron shellfish broth

Chilled cucumber

Rigatoni arrabiata

Filet of drum fish soubise

Roased quail

Rack of lamb Provencal

Filet mignon

Toasted vanilla short cake with peach

Passion fruit cheesecake

Chocolate Chambord

No sugar added raspberry citrus Pavlova

Day 8

Tuna tartare with truffle oil

Chicken liver parfail

Caprese foccacia tart

Beef and jack cheese empanada

Fish bisque

Beef consommé

Chilled avocado soup

Fettuccini alfredo

Broiled Fillet of Wahoo

Breast of Long Island duck

Oven roased rack of veal

Broiled tenderloin of beef kebab

Macadamia nut biscuit

Chocolate meringue crunch

Bananas foster

No sugar added banana beignet and rum sauce

Day 9

Vitello tonnato

Herbed crepe

Chilled seafood terrine

Lobster ravioli

Market vegetable minestrone

Sweetcorn and spicy chorizo

Chilled tropical fruit

Pappadele con funghi

Sesame seared yellow fin tuna

Almond crusted turkey breast

Savory pork loin

Entrecote cafe de paris

Chocolate marbled cheesecake

Almond biscuit with lychee and raspberries

Bittersweet chocolate cigar

No sugar added blackberry anise parfait

Day 10

Tuna carpaccio

Shrimp cocktail

Seafood in puff pastry

Crisp sweetbread

Chicken and corn chowder

Market vegetable and noodle

Chilled berry and cumin yoghurt

Gemelli paste with sun dried tomatoes

Fillet of Atlantic salmon

Broiled lobster tail

Asian roast Cornish hen

Roast prime rib of beef

Baked Alaska

Coconut Creme Brulee

No sugar added ricotta cannoli

Day 11

Rilettes of salmon

Pheasant terrine

Roasted vegetables and goat cheese crostini

Pike quenelles with lobster sauce

Clear chicken broth

Cream of cauliflower

Chiled green pea and mint

Penne Pomodori con tonno

Ovenbaked Ling cod

Shrimp Provencale

Colorado rack of lamb

Steak Churrasco

Chocolate Merangue with coffee cream

Pear and citrus sayayon

Raspberry sale with mint chocolate sorbet

No sugar added pineapple upside down

Day 12

Ceviche of scallops tomato and cilantro

Smoked salmon

Spinach and artichoke ragout

Chicken and jack cheese quesadilla

Cream of chicken with carrots and leeks

French onion soup

Spicy tropical gazpacho

Penne pasta with tomato concassee and kalamata olives

Poached lemon sole and shrimp

Chicken kiev

Roast leg of lamb

Grilled new York sirloin steak

Lychee passion cake

Floating island

Classic opera cake

No sugar added lemon and raspberry roll

Century 12 menu (June 2008)...

I noticed there is one pasta offering almost every day. I love pasta, but I also love the other entrees. On another cruise line, I have been able to order pasta entrees as an appetizer portion. Will they do that on Celebrity?

I think that menu has changed since June of 08. Lobster tails were not available on our cruise (5 night) and it has been reported by others that it is gone on longer cruises also. The Veal Picatta is no longer available on Day 1. It was always on the Day 1 menu and was something that I always looked forward to - I was very disappointed when it was not on the menu.

Those menus look very similar to our Nov/Dec 2007 menus which are not the same as the current menus.

Just found the press release regarding the new menus - It wasn't announced until July 2008, so those June menus are not current ones.

Celebrity Cruises Dishes Up "SPARKLING" Series of Culinary Upgrades Celebrity's Star TreatmentSM includes new dining enhancements

Miami - (July 10, 2008 ) - Celebrity Cruises is shining the spotlight on a series of enhancements to its award-winning dining experience. A core component of "Celebrity's Star TreatmentSM" array of fleetwide features and amenities, Celebrity's culinary program now includes more than 200 new menu offerings, a significantly upgraded casual dining area, and an entirely new brunch offering.

According to Celebrity's Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations Jacques Van Staden, a highly accomplished chef and restaurateur who joined Celebrity just one year ago, the enhancements were inspired by a combination of extensive studies of guest surveys, constant monitoring of trends in the food and beverage industry, and an unwavering eye on innovation.

"Our objective is to set the trend, not follow it," said Van Staden. "That's what makes a great dining experience. You have to shake things up now and then, and regularly introduce new and different offerings, along with the items our guests tell us they can’t live without."

Celebrity’s new evening menus are so widely varied that guests on even 14-night itineraries will never be presented with the same menu twice. Each menu contains expanded selections in all categories, from appetizers to desserts.

Casual dining "on the rocks"

Celebrity has made significant enhancements to its lido café/casual dining area on every ship, expanding its culinary selections, modernizing the ambience, and upgrading signage and equipment.

One of the most innovative aesthetic enhancements in the lido/casual dining area is the replacement of ice with chilled river rocks throughout the buffet area. Resting on the rocks are literally hundreds of new menu items, new service ware and presentation styles, new action stations and made-to-order areas, and more destination-influenced and ethnic cuisine, including Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and English.

Celebrity also has upgraded its complimentary coffee to the European brand, "Seventh," a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, which guests can sip from new, full-sized coffee mugs.

Let's do brunch

Celebrity has replaced its former once-per-cruise midnight gala buffet with a sumptuous brunch – complete with the line's lauded ice, fruit and vegetable carvings - in the main dining room. "Our guests loved viewing the elaborate creations we presented at the midnight gala buffet, but very few wanted to actually eat that late,” said Van Staden. "Now, we still proudly present our culinary team’s great artistry, but at a time when our guests can thoroughly enjoy it."

Once per cruise, guests can indulge in a lavish brunch with an enormous selection of fresh fruits; made-to-order smoothies; gourmet cheeses; cold cuts; a wide variety of salads, sandwiches, meats and seafood; pizzas, paninis and wraps; sushi and stir-fry selections; eggs of nearly every style, and delectable desserts ranging from individual, bite-sized selections to sorbet and ice cream.

New options for late-night noshing

For guests interested in late-night desserts, sandwiches, specialty coffees or other libations, Celebrity has introduced an “after-theater" menu in its Cova Café venues, to replace the former "Gourmet Bites" served throughout the ships on alternating evenings. "Our guests enjoyed the service and presentation of 'Gourmet Bites,' but very few actually indulged in them," said Van Staden. "The new options in Cova Café allow guests who are interested in late-night dining a light, varied menu, featuring sandwiches, savories, tartlets, hot brochettes, canapés, artisan cheeses, fresh fruit, crackers, petit fours and napoleons."

Celebrity's Cova Café presents the new late-night menu from 11 pm to closing.

Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal and South America. The line also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Australia, Canada, Europe and South America. Noted for four of the top 10 "Top Cruise Ships in the World," as voted by the readers of Conde' Nast Traveler (February 2008 readers’ poll), Celebrity's current fleet will be joined by Celebrity Solstice in 2008, Celebrity Equinox in 2009, Celebrity Eclipse in 2010, and a fourth Solstice-class ship in 2011. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111.

Did anyone have Nicolus Elapen as their asst. matre d? We had him for our waiter on Constellation and loved him. He was recently promoted to asst. matre d on Century and is very deserving of this promotion.

marlene

Lois - when we were on Infinity they had a brunch. We walked into the Main Dining Room and were seated l0 to a table. We were handed menus so we could order our HOT entrees. Once we ordered and the menus were taken away we walked up to the cold buffet to help ourselves. It was absolutely wonderful. We cruise in March and hope the Constellation will have the same brunch. It was on a sea day. Loved it.

marlene

Hi, new to celebrity,what is on the "always available' menu ?

In the main dining room, on the left side of the menu they

have a list of what you can order. I know you can always

order Steak and Salmon.

I can't remember the other items...must be getting that

"CRS" syndrome:eek:

Maybe someone else can help:)

• 1 month later...

Archived