Summit Normandy Restaurant

luvocean9

At this specialty restaurant, can you still order more than one appetizer and/or entree like you can in the MDR?

No, not normally. They do give you a chef's "surprise" appetizer. Don't worry, you will have enough food. ;)

I couldn't decide between the lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle and asked if I could have both, and the waiter said "of course." I ended up liking the goat chese souffle much more (and split it with my wife) and next time would order that alone.

You'll get more than enough food - in fact, we passed on the cheese course, because we were too full

I couldn't decide between the lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle and asked if I could have both, and the waiter said "of course." I ended up liking the goat chese souffle much more (and split it with my wife) and next time would order that alone.

You'll get more than enough food - in fact, we passed on the cheese course, because we were too full

Oh good. It was the appetizers that were causing my indecision. Thanks!

The menu does say to select from an appetizer, and either soup or salad and an entree. Dessert menu comes later.

We returned last Saturday from the Summit. Did dine in the Normandy one night with a group of 6. Each of us ordered different things then shared tastes if we wished. I ordered the bisque and would be the only appetizer I would not select again. It had a brown base, rather than creamy white or red. Just did not appeal to me.

BTW: we thought it was very much worth the extra fee for the Normandy. Did not do wine pairings because there were less selections of food choices on that side of the menu.

Enjoy!

Lobster129

I ordered the bisque and would be the only appetizer I would not select again. It had a brown base, rather than creamy white or red. Just did not appeal to me.

Glad to have the heads up on the bisque. That brown stuff is not what I would like either and most likely, I would have ordered it. What about the lobster and scallops meal. Did you or anyone get it and if so, was it to die for?;)

Lobster- Was it $30?

For some reason I thought it was $25 p/p.. but just booked 2 nights for our May sailing and it was $30 per.. was wondering when it went up or if I am just WAY behind the times!

Hi:)its been 30.00 for a while now. Not sure when

the increase went into affect but it was 30.00 3 months ago

when I sailed Infinity. I ate in the USS United States and it

was 30 bucks (definitely worth the price:)).

Lobster- Was it $30?

For some reason I thought it was $25 p/p.. but just booked 2 nights for our May sailing and it was $30 per.. was wondering when it went up or if I am just WAY behind the times!

When we were on the Summit in December we ate every meal at the Normandie Restaurant and it was 30.00 per person then.

Laura

Celebrity Summit SS Normandie restaurant sample menu

Entrees

Whole Dover Sole "Meuniere"

One of the finest European fish, slowly cooked in a lightly browned lemon butter, sprinkled with parsley

Grilled Fillet of Sea Bass

Topped with a mixture of sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, pistachio and olive oil, served with grilled vegetables

Scallops and Lobster

Lightly cooked lobster and scallops with white wine and a dash of Pernod

Magret of Duck with Slices of Glazed Pear

Carved at the table with a mandarin-Cognac sauce

Rack of Lamb in Puff Pastry

Coated with spinach, goat cheese, fresh mint and puff pastry

Large Shrimps Flambée

With diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, flambéed with premium Vodka served over a bed of spinach leaves

Saltimbocca alla Romana

Escalopines of veal with prosciutto, pan fried and served with a Marsala sauce

Risotto al Funghi

A mushroom and Arborio risotto served with a parsley coulis

Tenderloin Steak "Diane"

Tenderloin cooked to your liking with garlic, parsley, sliced mushrooms, Cognac and Worcestershire sauce

Cheese

A Selection of fine french Cheeses

Served with Grapes, Apples and walnut bread

Desserts

Zabaglione flavored with Marsala

A fluffy delicate Marsala-flavored sabayon

Coconut Crème Brulée

With diced mango and papaya

Chocolate Soufflé

The most classic and well-known light soufflé

Rich Chocolate and Orange Segment Mousse Cake

Complemented with caramel and nutmeg sauce

Light Lemon and Lime Mascarpone Cheese Cake

With red berries coulis

Selection of Ice Creams and Sorbets

Freshly churned ice creams and sorbets

Bite Size Surprise

A selection of our Pastry Chef's favorite desserts

Coffee and Petits Fours

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we were on last week and no goat cheese souffle in the Normandie. They have the same goat cheese appetizer Murano does now on Solstice.

In fact the entire menu is different than the one previously posted. I'm not sure when it changed, but our server mentioned it had been the one posted for several years and had been updated.

They still have a dark chocolate souffle, but I think the dessert that most pleased our group was a crepe with ice cream and a strawberry sauce made with balsamic vinegar and pepper (among other things). Sounds strange, but it was tasty!

Sorry I do not. Have you looked on Celebrity website, i think they have a copy there.

Laura

Did you do any tours that you would like to share with me prior to my departure, we're in our 50's and no hiking up a mt..

I'm really looking forward to the Normany restaurant.

In fact the entire menu is different than the one previously posted. I'm not sure when it changed, but our server mentioned it had been the one posted for several years and had been updated.

Do they still serve lobster? Since they no longer have it in the MDR, we were going to the Normandie just for the lobster!

luvocean9,

They do still have the lobster. Some of the folks at our table had it and found it to be quite enjoyable. The good news for you is they still serve it in the MDR as well, on the second formal night. It's now in a seafood type plate that includes scallops and shrimp. I thought the lobster was just okay.

luvocean9,

they do still have the lobster. Some of the folks at our table had it and found it to be quite enjoyable. The good news for you is they still serve it in the mdr as well, on the second formal night. It's now in a seafood type plate that includes scallops and shrimp. I thought the lobster was just okay.

Yeah!!!

When you dine in the Normandie, is it like the MDR in that you are seated at large tables with other pax? Or are you always seated at a table with just your party?:confused:

Hi,:) you sit with your own party.

They have it set up like a fine dining restaurant~

it is a fine dining restaurant;)

Archived