Royal Champions

Admin

That is because when something is so wrong, there is really no reason to discuss it.

I think this thread shows CC's willingness to let this be discussed once and for all time. I expect that the clueless will remain so, and eventually because they are just wrong, it will again dissappear into the internet ether.

I was reading the letters to the editors the other day in the local paper. Seems there are some military or black ops that are dumping chem trails in the atmosphere. The military is secretly putting out clouds of secret chemicals on the population in order to attack people for some unknown purpose.:D These tin foiled headed people actually think that regular old jet vapor trails were some secret military experiment. In fact you can search the net you will find these people still discussing this. Yet planes have been leaving vapor trails since the 1930s. When this thread is gone the vapor trail mentality folks will still be discussing this nefarious plot here.

jc

jc - did you know that the republicans had planes flying over Ohio during the voting in 2004 changing votes from democrat to republican in the computer voting machines? That;s why Bush won. There's folks that truly believe that.

Sorta what's going on here with some.

I think some of our posters are all in a twit over nothing.

So, some regular posters are participating in a sponsored program. And so?

Some folks have kind things to say about RCCL, some have not so kind.

As I commented in a previous post - and it would be "kind" of the ptb on the boards to post why something is pulled - it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Hooray for the folks involved in the RC program. They are usually more articulate and thoughtful in their reviews of cruises. They also tend to notice things that blow right by me and then write about them.

Is there anyone in the world who is going to book a cruise because 1 or 2 reviews out of 100 are over the top? I suppose they would also be dissuaded from taking the same cruise if 1 or 2 reviews out of 100 told how terrible things were.

We are too involved in the "gotcha" mentality. Get a grip. Unless you have actually seen something on the boards that shows undue influence from the cruise lines - find a new cause in life.

There are dogs being mistreated and neglected, abused women shelters closing, homeless people, roads in complete disrepair, schools need updating, etc, etc. There are many other things in this life that could be affected in a positive way by some of this venom that is spewing forth from some of our posters. Channel it where it would do some real good.

Stepping off my soapbox and remembering why I usually only visit my Roll Call these days.

Nah, ships were not made to stay anchored in safe harbors. They are meant to ride the stormy oceans of the world.:) Ya gotta venture out into the real threads of the boards!:D:eek:

And yet you slam CC for the way they are operated. My goodness but this just gets humorous an humorouser! :D:D:D

jc

Ask Liz (elizanessie) about her group and the treatment she and her mates got on here and other sites when attacked by parasites....at the time she was very thankful that we bent over backwards to help her and her mates feel safe and not intimidated by thuggish bullies.

Some people...many people get stamped on and bullied the moment they open their mouths on here but nowt happens, we looked after that group very carefully and have since banned another load of troublemakers that have since gone off elsewhere and been banned again and again. Smaller sites have a darn site more control of the RIGHT sort than something this big. In the last year or so I have locked one thread and removed about a dozen but only those who broke the rules and the reason for removal/ban was sent to each in a PM...which this site does not have.

Nah, ships were not made to stay anchored in safe harbors. They are meant to ride the stormy oceans of the world.:) Ya gotta venture out into the real threads of the boards!:D:eek:

well to be quite honest - maybe it's me, but I'm finding quite a few of the topics to be rather boring. :o

Lordy lordy- even the people who designed and implemented the RC program say "something" is going on. Or are we to assume that those of you who knew not what you were involved with now suddenly know more than they did? I know a lot about science, a fair amount about advertising, and am NOT 1) jealous (never have sailed RCCL), 2) angry at any of you (most likely, beside this set of posts have never encountered any of you), and 3) not a conspiracy theorists in any way. But the people who developed the program spell it out really well. And what THEY SAY is what bothers me. Even the description- a "viral" program- raises unfortunate images. Or are you suggesting that the advertising group never said what they have been quoted repeatedly as having said? Or were wrong or mistaken?

Hey buddy. Well, it must just be my state of mind because I am totally missing the funny part to this thread. Twelve days until I'm on Adventure (and I'm not sailing for free I might add!):D and I suspect that my mind will be in a much better place!!:p

Sorry buddy, but since I was not good enough to make the cut for Royal Champion, I have a detached view of the abuse you are taking. Kind of like when you read in the paper that a bomb went off in a place a thousand miles away. Bomb site and headline news are just a completely different experience. Since, I won't be on a cruise until November and then it will be about 40 degrees when I board ship. I am really finding it hard to find the sympathy for you that I am sure you feel you deserve. :D

How come I defend you and you tear me apart on the same team that is now tearing you apart? Starting to see my humorous view?:D Hee Hee!

Have a great cruise buddy, and be sure to let us know that RCI provided it for free! Transparency, you know, it is the official thing today.:D

jc

Ask Liz (elizanessie) about her group and the treatment she and her mates got on here and other sites when attacked by parasites....at the time she was very thankful that we bent over backwards to help her and her mates feel safe and not intimidated by thuggish bullies.

Some people...many people get stamped on and bullied the moment they open their mouths on here but nowt happens, we looked after that group very carefully and have since banned another load of troublemakers that have since gone off elsewhere and been banned again and again. Smaller sites have a darn site more control of the RIGHT sort than something this big. In the last year or so I have locked one thread and removed about a dozen but only those who broke the rules and the reason for removal/ban was sent to each in a PM...which this site does not have.

I understand what you are saying, but when you think your site is comparable in anyway to CC, well then I have to laugh about your understanding. Sorry.:rolleyes:

jc

Sorry buddy, but since I was not good enough to make the cut for Royal Champion, I have a detached view of the abuse you are taking. Kind of like when you read in the paper that a bomb went off in a place a thousand miles away. Bomb site and headline news are just a completely different experience. Since, I won't be on a cruise until November and then it will be about 40 degrees when I board ship. I am really finding it hard to find the sympathy for you that I am sure you feel you deserve. :D

How come I defend you and you tear me apart on the same team that is now tearing you apart? Starting to see my humorous view?:D Hee Hee!

Have a great cruise buddy, and be sure to let us know that RCI provided it for free! Transparency, you know, it is the official thing today.:D

jc

OK, finally I laughed.:D:D

What say you, RC's? Who helped with the new ad campaign, Nation of Whatever? Who helped with RCCL's own cruise forum blog set up? The only things that we have learned that you have been involved with is writing your opinions of RCCL, and attending an "event" but Hayden says you have been doing far more. True, or not? If I read some of these posts correctly, some of you seem to say you have had only one email contact, the intital one, since about last summer. I judge a person's veracity by what can independently be verified, and the RC's are the independents here for purposes of verification. Responses to Hayden's list of what you are doing for RCCL, or have been invited to do for them?

I was never contacted regarding the ad campaign, if I were, I would have told them I thought it was stupid. I registered for the blog, but never could figure out from there how to get in, so that's all they have is my registration.

Honestly, all I know is that we were invited to 3 events, one almost 2 years ago and one this year, a 2 night pre-inaugural and a 1 night pre-inaugural. We spent about $600 out of our own pocket to attend the 2 night pre-inaugural, for airfare/hotel/rental car, plus lost days at work. The 1 night pre-inaugural only gas to get there plus 1 and 1/2 days of lost work.

The third was an invite to attend a function for the Oasis unveil event, but we didn't want to spend all the money to fly to New York for lunch.

The only email questionaire I've ever gotten was so long ago I don't even recall it all that well. I think it was a satisfaction survey and I can't even say it was because of my RC status, it seemed like it was for anyone who had taken an RCI cruise.

So my answer to the red highlighted words would be that the only involvment we've had as an RC would be that we were there in person for the pre-inaugurals. The question is worded that either way the true or false answer would be misunderstood. We have not helped RCI in any other way to my knowledge, I cannot answer for anyone else but myself.

I do have one review I wrote after our Med cruise last year, but reading it, it's kind of pathetic. But review writing is open to all CC members. My only other review of a ship was in 2002 and it was a glowing review of the (then new) NCL Star and our cruise to Fanning Island with stops in Hawaii. I have no idea why, but it was never published here and I had spent a couple hours writing it.

Although we do cruise more on RCI than any other line, than has been logistical more than anything else. We live on the West Coast and have had 2 choices of cruise lines for short cruises up until last year. RCI and Carnival. Now that RCI is no longer here, we'll do land trips for short getaways, sadly no more short cruises for us. We've cruised on 7 different lines altogether, we're not exclusive to RCI.

It's a little sad that so many people are hurt by the fact there are a handful of RC members here. I also realize there is nothing any of us could say to change anyone's mind, I think it's already made up. Why now, though??? Why not almost 2 years ago (May 2007) when it first started, there was no secret knowledge back then, many RC's were proud of it and openly posted about it. I was late to the meeting where it was announced and didn't even know about it until after I returned home from the pre-inaugural on Liberty.

howdy neighbor, in CT here!!

Ocean I have read all of your posts and I understand you are frustrated, I disagree with anyone personally attacking the RC's, I have no problem with the RC's,imo more power to ya, I hold no jealously or ill feelings toward any individual here, the RC's are not responsible for causing this commotion

BUT=

The problem I have is I never knew that cruise critic was involved with RCCl to this extent, I never saw it posted that they were working with RCCL behind the scenes per say, moving forward now that most of us know this I would say that it should be made clear so new members will understand what this program is all about, the little Royal champion siggys dont cut it, (obviously)but I also am not entirely sure what they should say.

The RC's also have to look at this from our perspective and try an understand that for most of us we are not mad about free cruises or the little perks etc. It is the deceit that some of us feel from CC. its pretty hard to swallow

^5

could you define deceit? There's ads all over for RCI, also Carnival. probably for other lines as well, i didn't check all the boards,

and before the grammer police show up, my left hand is injured and is unusable, that's why no caps as i'm using 1 finger to type.

this is a business. why should cc or rci either one explain a marketing plan?

the next time you're in a grocery, look at where things are stocked and the subtle influence that provides.

the problem is that most if not all rcs have not altered their posting habits because of being rcs. so the program has not influanced us. you're beating a dead horse for no real reason.

Lordy lordy- even the people who designed and implemented the RC program say "something" is going on. Or are we to assume that those of you who knew not what you were involved with now suddenly know more than they did? I know a lot about science, a fair amount about advertising, and am NOT 1) jealous (never have sailed RCCL), 2) angry at any of you (most likely, beside this set of posts have never encountered any of you), and 3) not a conspiracy theorists in any way. But the people who developed the program spell it out really well. And what THEY SAY is what bothers me. Even the description- a "viral" program- raises unfortunate images. Or are you suggesting that the advertising group never said what they have been quoted repeatedly as having said? Or were wrong or mistaken?

I think it has been made pretty clear that we, or at least most of us, thought we were dealing directly with RCI and had no knowledge of any advertizing group. As for the term viral.... I am right with you there. I deal with those critters every day. I find it most unfortunate terminology. If I had been contacted with an e-mail saying that "our viral program identified you"..... I would have hit the delete button!:D

I think it has been made pretty clear that we, or at least most of us, thought we were dealing directly with RCI and had no knowledge of any advertizing group. As for the term viral.... I am right with you there. I deal with those critters every day. I find it most unfortunate terminology. If I had been contacted with an e-mail saying that "our viral program identified you"..... I would have hit the delete button!:D

Then why do I hear NO sense of anger about being used? Or have I missed some posts? (Gosh- can't imagine how I could have done that with a mere 19 pages of them:p)

Then why do I hear NO sense of anger about being used? Or have I missed some posts? (Gosh- can't imagine how I could have done that with a mere 19 pages of them:p)

Gee, I don't know. Maybe after we are done dealing with the attacks on our integrity we will have time to ponder other issues??:confused:;)

Gee, I don't know. Maybe after we are done dealing with the attacks on our integrity we will have time to ponder other issues??:confused:;)

But isn't RCCL the ones who attacked your integrity by enrolling you in such a program without telling you what they were doing? Or without making it clear enough that you all understood? That would upset me for sure!

I confess that I gave up reading all the posts after about page 4.

As a poster who does like the Royal Caribbean product, but still lacks knowledge of it in many areas, I want to say thank you to the official Royal Champions (and many unofficial ones) for answering my questions promptly, fairly (giving both pros and cons to a question) and without rancor.

The pace of the thread is slowing down a little, so I'll give my take on things.

A few CC'rs are very jealous that they are not RC's, lifes a bitch, ain't it.

Some persons on CC can be very condescending, be it the D+'s, D's, whatever.

One poster would like to see this site go downhill so her's would get more hits, hence more income. Or the longer this goes on the more exposure her site gets.

A teacher in a budgeting class once stated: Its not about the "money", its about the money.

All this BS about brainwashing, transparency, yada, yada ,yada.

This is the INTERNET.

But isn't RCCL the ones who attacked your integrity by enrolling you in such a program without telling you what they were doing? Or without making it clear enough that you all understood? That would upset me for sure!

Actually, the issue at hand is the postings on this thread by other CC members questioning the integrity of R.C. posts. I don't recall one post on this thread by RCI attacking anyone or anything. In fact, I don't recall one post by RCI at all. IF any of us feel that we have an issue with RCI it is for us to decide with whom, and where, we will discuss it. And I choose to not discuss it here or with you.;)

Welcome to the RCI board of C.C.

:

Originally Posted by jaxon41

Did you participate in a thread here that others have referenced and that Laura allegedly joined at the inception of this, when RC's were wondering what it was all about ( I have asked the person bringing this up to link it)? There is a post further back wherein Laura says she believes the RC's knew about this being a marketing program and says she believed most had met with the marketing person from RCI, personally. Then a RC'er speaks for herself only and says she never met personally with anyone. I am beginning to wonder what exactly was told to whom.

And when, and if, I have the time to browse through my subscribed threads I will obligue you. Last night I was too tired, and a bit too disgusted, to do it. I can't even remember how far back it was. That is how inportant that this distinction of being an R.C. is to me. The only letters after my name that mean squat to me are M.D.

And to further clarify things. The thread was not about when the first group of R.C. people (charter members as they call themselves) became part of this. It was when most of the rest of us were contacted about it.

I was that person who wrote LauraS back.

Alexis

Alexis:

I am sorry, but I have to answer this post for myself.

I am assuming you are speaking of the Liberty pre-inaugural cruises and the first group of Royal Champions that were made on board her?

I speak for myself, but I have never met any Internet Marketing & Loyalty people in person. Never.

Not even on the Mariner on Feb. 20 - 22. I never met a soul on that trip. My invitation to the Crown and Anchor party was never even delivered to me until the morning I was getting off of the ship. It was on the floor in front of our cabin door as we were dragging our suitcase to leave. If they were there? I have no idea?

I even asked on here who I could thank when I got home. Someone posted an email address for me to send a thank you to and I did.

I even posted I had no idea why I was invited? I thought it was because I could not go on the Liberty that time?

Alexis

In the US, this is called a kickback, and is illegal. I am sure that it happens at times, but having personal knowledge of the investigation process, I can assure you that it is not prevelant in the US.

Actually you are incorrect. My ex is pharmaceutical company rep. The drug companies bring lunch to the doctors, they take them out to drinks, sponsor conventions, they give them thousands of dollars worth of free samples to distribute to their patients. It is quite common and definitely not illegal.

I just can't find the grand conspiracy here.

jc - thank you a hundred times for all the laughs.

RC's - or really anyone who does a RCCL survey - please tell them how badly The Nation of Why Not campaign stinks. Or if you don't think it stinks - just say "wolfgang" says it stinks. :D If they hear it enough, maybe they'll fix it. I know "Get Out There" would be a tough act to follow but seriously - that new campaign is killing me.....

The solution is plain and simple, I am amazed no one has mentioned it yet.

Everyone, fire up your ipod, your computer mp3 player, or whatever else you have, and throw in Jimmy Buffet's "Changes in Latitudes". Then, go book your next cruise.

It's impossible to be angry about ANYTHING after that.

Geez, I'm a freaking genius. :p

Actually you are incorrect. My ex is pharmaceutical company rep. The drug companies bring lunch to the doctors, they take them out to drinks, sponsor conventions, they give them thousands of dollars worth of free samples to distribute to their patients. It is quite common and definitely not illegal.

This is clearly oblique to the thread but these practices are under considerable scrutiny these days and these practices have brought down several very well known and brilliant people over the past few years. Med schools overall no longer allow this kind of thing or require full transparency. It is called a conflict of interest and the reason it is not allowed is because surprise: the prescribing habits of doctors get swayed. And the patient is no longer the only focus of treatment. And please don't say that wasn't why it was being done- of course it is.

Now I understand why most posters were so overly excited when each extra charge or cutback is announced. The wow this is great that this is extra or fantastic they don't offer that anymore.

That is funny Brad. But I still don't understand the thinking behind most of those posts!:D

Archived