A heads up for those that book deck 10 under pool deck

QUOTE: "But curfew won't get rid of me. I'm one that likes to swim and use the hot tubs in the middle of the night."

Very well, but please be considerate -- don't drag the sun lounges or chairs on the pool deck -- I need my sleep!:rolleyes:

I don't. But I was just pointing out that people DO use the pools and hot tubs in the middle of the night, and it's not just teenagers.

But curfew won't get rid of me. I'm one that likes to swim and use the hot tubs in the middle of the night.

Well, if you make a whole LOT of noise up there, then it's a problem, but I doubt that. :D:D It ain't the water noise I had a problem with; it was the pitter-patter of the baby elephants on my ceiling at 2:30 AM!!!

I also had a short "conversation" with a young lady in the hallway. It was 10:30 at night, and she was standing at her cabin door banging on it and YELLING to be let in.

I "shussed" her loudly and told her from down the hallway that people were trying to sleep; use the white telephones to call into the room and wake them up!!! She got real quiet.

My DH is the type that would go out in the hallway every night around 12:55 AM and stand there watching the kids go by. He takes no crap off of kids. He had to (nicely) instruct one 12 yo on the elevator last week that "we let the people get on the elevator FIRST, and THEN press the button to close the door". :D

He had to (nicely) instruct one 12 yo on the elevator last week that "we let the people get on the elevator FIRST, and THEN press the button to close the door". :D

Heck we have to tell some of the adults that work in my building THAT!:eek:

I also appreciate your research and the sharing of the information. Sure, I carry earplugs. And, I prefer not to use them! Ha! The bedding on the RCI ships is so comfortable, clean and fresh and intended for a good night's rest. And, that is what I do prefer!

• 10 months later...
Great point. I don't get that either. :confused:

I too have always wondered why most ships seem to do this - many times mini suites under a deck with common areas. Oh well, I guess most people don't mind but we sure do. We never book under anything other than another cabin.

Yikes......and on voyager class ships, don't book the cabins UNDER the royal suite due to the marble floor in there, the piano that can be loud and the stereo.....(if you aren't a light sleeper it might be ok, or if you aren't a big cabin dweller. I am NOT a light sleeper and it was a MAJOR issue!)

Thank you, thank you for this info. I was a little bummed that the JS hump cabin deck 9 on AOS was booked already for our Jan 2011 cruise. I settled for a JS down the hall a bit. Now I can see that the one I wanted was under the Royal Suite and I would not have even thought about a marble floor or piano playing. I probably would have called every few weeks to see if it was available but now I won't have to. Thanks again:).

Edited by Lorey2007

Any idea if there is a negative to being off the rear?

It was the only balcony left when I booked.:)

What ship? We had an aft balcony deck 10 on the Freedom last month - great cabin but a bit noisy late at night as we were under the Windjammer - like moving of chairs etc. Not terrible as I always travel with earplugs as well!

I just got off the phone with my TA and got my cabin changed from 9618 to 9318!! Whoo Hooo........:D

I decided to check and see if it was available (it wasn't when I booked) but it is........or rather, was, available.

Now I will be able to sleep at night.....:D;)

Thanks for the post! WWWOOOOOOWWW! We just did the same thing! 9318 it is!!!! Let us know how it went. Thanks

Happy Sailing

Earl

Thanks for the post! WWWOOOOOOWWW! We just did the same thing! 9318 it is!!!! Let us know how it went. Thanks

Happy Sailing

Earl

I have stayed in 9318 twice now. It is a great JS, center hump.

I did once hear noise from the OS directly above. The dining table is on a marble floor directly above 9318. On one occasion, the occupants were busy moving the chairs around and they were scraping the floor.

I have stayed in that OS as well, so I know how the chairs can scrape on the tile. I was always careful to lift them when I had to move them.

That was only one time. I am just telling you that in case you have upstairs neighbors who are inconsiderate of the noise.

It sure beats the heck out of a piano going all night. Or Windjammer carts rolling above your head at 5 AM. BTDT.

You will love 9318. Take care of it, for I hope to someday again stay in it.:)

And Happy Sailing to you, as well!

Edited by ASeaPrincess1

Any idea if there is a negative to being off the rear?

What ship are you on and what's your cabin number? Let us know and you'll probably get more info than you need!

hi there.

We are on the IOS next month in room 1630, right next door to the royal suite

is that good or bad:eek:

thanks

annette

9618?? never again! it depends on who has that cabin and what they are doing.....we'll never book it again...and some of my roll call pals who had it on 2 future cruises changed it to the one they had at the end of the hump. we tried earplugs...they didn't help.

i will say that at least in the JS under the WJ we had, the noise wasn't constant...it was like rolling carts at weird times of day...and the deck chair noise WAS around 4-5 in the AM but we didn't hear that every day.

out of 8 cruises we've heard noise on 3 of them from above and 1 from below (that was an aft JS on enchantment that was over the karaoke bar!)

We have stayed twice in 9618 on the AOS and we were either lucky or just didn't notice any noise from the RS above. I think the plan is just do so much during the day that you are exhausted at night and sleep like a rock! :)

hi there.

We are on the IOS next month in room 1630, right next door to the royal suite

is that good or bad:eek:

thanks

annette

You fine.... your are on the master bedroom side of the RS and there is no balcony even on that side of the RS.

Edited by bajathree

I have the WORST luck for this trip!!

1) we booked our flights first, because that is usually our largest expense, only to find that the cruise fare for the Carnival Splendor had skyrocketed.

2) decided to book on RCI instead because it was quite a bit cheaper...only to discover that this particular sailing has a group of professional football players and their fans...joy.

3) next, my husband's vacation time has been revoked after previously being approved :eek: so I will likely be taking this vacation as the only adult with my 2 children. We are past the point of getting a decent refund too.

and NOW...

4) we are on deck 10 :eek:

Anyone ever have a cabin directly under a public restroom? We originally booked 8114 on EN and later noticed (love those dragging deck plans) that it is directly under a restroom. Changed to another cabin.

Rick and Deirdra