A heads up for those that book deck 10 under pool deck

We are in GS 1574 on Adventure and would love to figure out what is directly over us. Where/how do you drag deck plans? I am a really light sleeper so now I am worried. :( Anyone stay in 1574 before? Thanks!

we always book a cabin sandwiched between two passenger decks

Ditto. I've heard too many horror stories to take a chance.

On one of our first cruises, we would hear this strange squeaking noise during the hours to midnight and 1 AM. Couldn't figure out what it was.

Until one night we went to the midnight buffet, which was held in the MDR. As I'm sitting there I hear the squeaking! It was a door on one of the serving stations.....as the waiters grabbed dishes to reset the places for breakfast the next morning. I checked the deck plan and, yup, we were right under it.

We are in GS 1574 on Adventure and would love to figure out what is directly over us. Where/how do you drag deck plans? I am a really light sleeper so now I am worried. :( Anyone stay in 1574 before? Thanks!

cruise deck plans dot com

That is very handy! Looks like on Adventure we are in GS1574 which lines up to the left of the pool bar. Anyone know if that is good or bad related to noise? We could move forward to under the solarium but from a motion perspective I really did not want to be that far forward.

Thanks again:)

• 4 months later...

Thats my biggest pet peeve..suites under the public area and NOISE!!

We had the RS on the MN in May and the noise at night was horrible.....we were under the windjammer......did not sleep worth a darn..

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear that all is not well in the suites. Not to mention not being able to sleep because of the pea under the mattress.

Any time you want to switch with those of us in steerage class just send the concierge to fetch us.

All this talk has inspired me to check the deck plans once more. I know (from experience) about noise from the pool deck, but I've chosen cabins on deck nine and have only now realized that they appear to be located under OS. The cabins in question are 9600 and 9592 just before midship. Does anyone here have any knowledge of these rooms? This would be on the Explorer.

Thanks.

Considering an OS on the Radiance.

Deck 10 of course, immediately aft of the midship elevators located over the portside WJ Cafe Outside Seating (I know this has solid not carpeted flooring) & below the starboard WJ Cafe Verandah area (don't know the flooring).. 1562 & 1564 starboard are under washrooms so they are out but anyone ever stay in one of the other 4 OSs (portside 1062-1064-1066 & starboard 1566) and wld be kind enough to share their 'noise' experiences?

I wld be most grateful!! :)

Edited by cruisecrasy

We're booked on Adventure. When I booked the only JS available were on Deck 10, right beside the RS.

Yesterday I checked again and SCORE!! I have now moved to Deck 9 on the opposite side of the ship (but still on the hump). No pool deck, no RS nearby, just blessed peace and quiet. Happy happy :D

We were just in #1282 LOTS and there were two nights when I had to call about noise above us. It was around 2:00 AM and after like 20 minutes I finally called. The operator said, "oh, I think I know what that is" and a few minutes later it stopped. But, only for about half hour then started up again. Then after about five minutes it stopped for good. The second night it stopped after my first call.

Either we're sound sleepers or there just wasn't any noise from deck 11. We have been on deck 10 on the Adventurer, Mariner, and Explorer, and have never been bothered by noise. We were forward, so didn't have Windjammer noise, but to be very honest, we never heard anything.

We had dinner with a lovely couple who had JS 1584 or 1586. They were under the serving area of the WJ and every night they heard the carts rolling above them and had a miserable time. The ship was full so there was no where else to put them. They ended up with a manager from the WJ coming to there room at some point and he was amazed at the noise. On the last night they said they came to some sort of agreement with RC about compensation but it pretty much ruined their trip.

On the otherhand, we were in GS 1600 aft cabin which is under the outside eating area of the WJ and I have to say we were not bothered at all. One morning I heard what was probably a small child running but certainly not anything to bother me. The last night about 10pm it got pretty loud when they were picking up all the chairs to clean but it was shortlived and over before we went to sleep. I have just booked that same cabin for next year.

We were in a JS on Majesty in November and heard nothing. We were on the starboard side about 4 cabins from aft. In August we were in 1588 - last cabin on port and every now and then we heard running. It was loud and pounding - but it was not constant and not late at night.

Anyone have any comments on 1278 (GS) on the Adventure of the Seas?? Never thought about all this!

we booked 1268 GS for December this year on explorer [sister ship?] and I searched the boards to find one person who stayed in that room before. she said it was very quiet, that's why I took it. she also posted amazing pictures of the room.. overall, big thanks to her. The cabin is under the solarium bar.

Out of all our cruises, only one cabin was a huge problem with noise. It was on an NCL ship and we were next to a handicapped room. The layout is different in those rooms on NCL vs regular rooms. We could hear their TV all day and night, it was awful and extremely loud. We complained non-stop without any help whatsoever. I would never EVER book a cabin next to handicapped room again in my life. I generally look for same-type cabins around the room I'm booking, and no connecting doors.

Last cruise was on deck 10 GS on the "hump" which is directly under the giant hot tub.

I was awakened several times in the middle of the night from loud scraping noises above us.

Went up to investigate after laying awake too long, and found the deck hands dragging chairs across the floor. On those wood decks, it would seem the simple solution is to either load them on carts or put tabs on the feet to make it quieter.

It was really loud!!

Last cruise was on deck 10 GS on the "hump" which is directly under the giant hot tub.

I was awakened several times in the middle of the night from loud scraping noises above us.

Went up to investigate after laying awake too long, and found the deck hands dragging chairs across the floor. On those wood decks, it would seem the simple solution is to either load them on carts or put tabs on the feet to make it quieter.

It was really loud!!

We were couple of cabins forward of the hot tub on IOS and heard what sounded like metallic cows mooing in the night. It was loud enough to wake us but oddly distant (like an aircraft). I got used to it after a couple of nights but I did suggest they put little wheels on one end so they didn't have to drag the things around.

It was really loud!!

post which ship this was on..

Thanks in advance..:)

Not wanting to take a chance, I just moved our Enchantment midship cabin from deck 8 under a bar and hottub to midship on deck 7 -sandwiched between two cabin decks. I appreciate the comments in this thread. Had not thought about noise when I booked it. Better safe than sorry.