Letter to Diamond Members (Merged Threads)

I'm still not happy. Wine and Champagne are free but you get a 25% discount on cocktails. Whoopee! I don't think that is fair!

I am an early riser and would usually be in the CL at 630a. There was no else there for at least 30 minutes. I could have my several cups of coffee, look at the sunrise on the water, and enjoy total quiet. I will miss this the most!

Great except you can not see the water from the CL on the larger ships anyway, no pleasing some people.

Exactly!! So if RCCL is just the same as any other cruise line because RCCL doesn't have the perks for the diamonds anymore, then we might as well save hundreds per person per cruise, and sail some other line.

I usually book a Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean every December. This year the December cruise will be on HAL. The price was several hundred dollars less for a nice itinerary out of Ft. Lauderdale.

and honestly, for all you who say these "perks" are the reason you pay more for Royal, and without them there is no reason to stay with Royal, I say, and I know I am not the only one, GOOD RIDDANCE! Because sure as hell wouldn't want to hear all the complaining while I'm on board, maybe Royal is on to something here, they noticed people getting waaaay to snobby, so they took away their "perks." It's a little process, first they complain non stop while they continue to book with them, and eventually they all leave, leaving more customers, like myself and the many other ones out there who are sick of hearing it, to become the new regulars, who don't complain, who are happy to be on a nice ship with nice employees, and who don't give a damn about 1 lounge and free drinks and mints.

You have lower expectations because you never had the benefits.

I will still book Royal Caribbean but on the Freedom and Oasis class ships that have Diamond lounges. With Royal Caribbean it is better keeping to the newer ships anyway. They tend to let their older ships run down more than other cruise lines.

Just to set the record straight on a few things:

Peggy, each ship is different in how they handle this, I found the majesty does more for its past passengers then any other RCL ship we have been on. Every thing you listed is also what we found on the Majesty but we were recently on the Freedom and NOS and we did not get ice service in the AM ,no pool towels, and the cabin steward on NOS even apologized to us when he met us that there are no more chocolates which gave us a laugh. These are by no means deal breakers to us.

The Majesty seems to march to a different beat and it has much to do with its captain who we had a chance to meet at the diamond and platium party that man gets it when it comes to repeat customers and services offered that is why those services are still available on her. All things are not the same within RCL just because you recieved those services on MOS does not mean it is available on other ships there not.

Peggy, each ship is different in how they handle this, I found the majesty does more for its past passengers then any other RCL ship we have been on. Every thing you listed is also what we found on the Majesty but we were recently on the Freedom and NOS and we did not get ice service in the AM ,no pool towels, and the cabin steward on NOS even apologized to us when he met us that there are no more chocolates which gave us a laugh. These are by no means deal breakers to us.

The Majesty seems to march to a different beat and it has much to do with its captain who we had a chance to meet at the diamond and platium party that man gets it when it comes to repeat customers and services offered that is why those services are still available on her. All things are not the same within RCL just because you recieved those services on MOS does not mean it is available on other ships there not.

I agree that it depends on what ship you are on and how good your cabin person is. We were on the Explorer in March and we had a full ice bucket every afternoon when we came back to the cabin, however, friends of ours said they didn't have ice, only melted ice. We had towel animals every night of the 12 night cruise but no chocolates which we don't care about and never ate them anyway. Even though we don't care about the chocolates I know that this is a big deal to other cruisers. Everyone has different things that are important to them and I wouldn't think of calling someone a name because they were upset about not getting chocolate each night. I'm just using that as an example. We need to respect everyone's opinion and stop the name calling. We did not get beach towels in the cabin either so we had to make sure we picked our towels up from the pool the day before our planned beach excursions so that we wouldn't have to go hunting for them in the morning. They used to leave beach towel in the cabin but this time they didn't. I guess both ways have their pros and cons.

Wow, Its funny how such a positve could start out and then get turned into negative junk by the ones who still can't get over it.

Its a reward program folks, that's it. No entitlement, no binding or implied contract.

How soon you forget all your past discounts, free drinks, use of the CL, etc. You have been rewarded for your past, now is the future, and it has changed a bit, which is RC's right to do, and for what ever reasons they choose.

Please, if you aren't happy, quit crying and go elsewhere, that is what you should do. I certainly don't want to run into to you on a RC ship.

For those who say they only paid more for the perks, well, you made a bad decision. Your only motivation was once you get to D level, then you can try to drink your money back, and see how much you can take advantage of. Sorry, not a good choice with your $$, and I'll bet there isn't an investment advisor anywhere who would tell you it was a good decision.

The new program changes by RC have now shown who is truly a loyal customer.

I simply find it sad that the attitude is "what has been taken away from us" vs "what is available to us". After 10 cruise credits, the perks compared to other comparable lines (ie Princess & NCL) are great. The newly revised program still beats the competition in my opinion.

And I'm sure for every diamond member that cancelled their upcoming cruises and booked elsewhere, there were gold/platinum and/or newbies who thought, wow, C&A have a great program for repeat passengers, let's book one!

Of coarse, those that have chosen to go to one of these other lines (and I'm not knocking them, I've sailed them both and think they are great)

can work their way up to 15 cruises, and get one free mini bar set up so they sit and drink alone in their room.

and honestly, for all you who say these "perks" are the reason you pay more for Royal, and without them there is no reason to stay with Royal, I say, and I know I am not the only one, GOOD RIDDANCE! Because sure as hell wouldn't want to hear all the complaining while I'm on board, maybe Royal is on to something here, they noticed people getting waaaay to snobby, so they took away their "perks." It's a little process, first they complain non stop while they continue to book with them, and eventually they all leave, leaving more customers, like myself and the many other ones out there who are sick of hearing it, to become the new regulars, who don't complain, who are happy to be on a nice ship with nice employees, and who don't give a damn about 1 lounge and free drinks and mints.

Ah, see? If you've been a regular reader here over the years, you would see the response to "WHY RCCL" over other lines threads were usually topped with "And then there are the perks/loyalty program" among other reasons to sail them.

Now that was gone, and now altered (BTW, I still read this as they will still have an overflow lounge, but now you will pay 75% of your drinks, and there are people thinking "GREAT! :rolleyes::eek:) Go figure.

For $1000 extra for my RCCL fare, I can buy those drinks whereever I like for a LOT less elsewhere.

Great except you can not see the water from the CL on the larger ships anyway, no pleasing some people.

SPOT ON!

I used to pass the CL on our ship and think, why be in there when you can be OUT THERE.

Then I found out there was free liquor.

Personally, I would have still been OUT THERE, regardless.

[quote name='MrPete']SPOT ON!

I used to pass the CL on our ship and think, why be in there when you can be OUT THERE.

Then I found out there was free liquor.

Personally, I would have still been OUT THERE, regardless.[/QUOTE]

I very much agree with you there. That is why I don't even care about having a cabin with a balcony. With an amazing ship surrounding me the last thing I am going to do is confine myself in some room.... even if it is full of free liquor.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]What's amazing to me about this thread is the number of people that are whining about the whiners. :D If reading about people's opinions that some are still not happy with RCCL's "compromise" drives you crazy, then why not unsubscribe to this thread and click on another thread that won't annoy you so much? :confused:
I like seeing both points of view and like to see who is satisfied with the compromise and who isn't. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Catnip']
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I like seeing both points of view and like to see who is satisfied with the compromise and who isn't. [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

Now, that would just mean everyone would have to pull out their mirrors. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Catnip'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]What's amazing to me about this thread is the number of people that are whining about the whiners. :D If reading about people's opinions that some are still not happy with RCCL's "compromise" drives you crazy, then why not unsubscribe to this thread and click on another thread that won't annoy you so much? :confused:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I like seeing both points of view and like to see who is satisfied with the compromise and who isn't. [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

You are exactly correct - as I said earlier - it was never my intention to give a point of view on this thread -

I just liked to see in how many ways it can be said that RCL has done be wrong.

[quote name='megr1125']can the personal attacks and p!$$ing matches STOP??!!

And can we get this thread back on point before IT goes away?? This is REALLY getting ridiculous! I can't keep it straight any more![/quote]

I absolutely agree! This thread started out pleasant before the administrators shut down the other one and all of the "les Miserables" came over here. We didn't get the concierge club back, but we did get the private nightly event on ALL ships. Some people are never happy. It's time that the administrators start deleting entire profiles of those who have really crossed the line with their personal attacks. It's pretty nausiating.

[quote name='beachbuddy']I agree that it depends on what ship you are on and how good your cabin person is. We were on the Explorer in March and we had a full ice bucket every afternoon when we came back to the cabin, however, friends of ours said they didn't have ice, only melted ice. We had towel animals every night of the 12 night cruise but no chocolates which we don't care about and never ate them anyway. Even though we don't care about the chocolates I know that this is a big deal to other cruisers. Everyone has different things that are important to them and I wouldn't think of calling someone a name because they were upset about not getting chocolate each night. I'm just using that as an example. We need to respect everyone's opinion and stop the name calling. We did not get beach towels in the cabin either so we had to make sure we picked our towels up from the pool the day before our planned beach excursions so that we wouldn't have to go hunting for them in the morning. They used to leave beach towel in the cabin but this time they didn't. I guess both ways have their pros and cons.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, but the point is that these amenities are not completely gone, and therefore should not be listed as such.

Also, just to re-re-clarify (caps are for emphasis, I'm not yelling):

DIAMOND MEMBERS WILL HAVE AN OPEN CHAMPAGNE AND WINE BAR EVERY NIGHT ON EVERY CRUISE WHERE THE SHIP DOES NOT HAVE A DIAMOND LOUNGE!!!!!!

I normally do not chime in with these types of threads but just felt I should give another point of view. We book usually book a Suite and enjoy the room and the amenties that come with being Suite guests. Over the last several years I have seen a significant decrease in the sevice given/availability especially in the concierge lounge. It is not the fault of the staff but due to the overwhelming number of diamond members who have access to the concerge staff and lounge. I am really glad that Royal Caribbean has been listening and is trying to make changes and adjust the policy. I think having a place for diamonds members to meet is a great solution.

Kimberly

[quote name='texlatin1'][B][SIZE=3]SIMPLY NOT TRUE! You are seriously mistaking the C&A Points Status (Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond +) as Class status and it is wrong for you to think that certain people are treated better because they've cruised more than others! Gold members are treated just the same as Diamond +'s but the only difference is that they don't have access to the same "perks". IMO, I have never felt anything but welcome on ANY RC ship and for that matter, on any other cruise line no regardless if it was my 1st cruise with them or my 10th![/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/B]

[/quote]

Have to agree with the original poster. Our recent IOS cruise was our first diamond. I can tell you there was a huge difference in many situations we encountered--reservations, phone, concierge, on and on. My wife even commented while on board that she understood what the big deal about being diamond was.

[quote name='sculptress'][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]RCI didn't please the Diamond [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana] mingle with fellow diamond members because you have alot more in common with Diamond Members then you do with suite owners. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]The Diamond Members have been around alot longer, know alot more, and appreciate the cruise line more than the cruisline obviously knows. And because of that this is what Royal Caribbean fails to understand. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]We have been loyal, we have been the backbone, [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
I only left the above comments...you are undoubtedly the most arrogant individual and with enough ego for everyone on the CC boards. D members have been around longer, give be a break, I know D and D+ members that take little 3 day cruises and get to YOUR WONDERFUL LEVEL very quick, and that you have more in common with your D members than with suite owners, WOW won't even comment on that.

Backbone of the cruisline - hmmm I guess the $3000+ that we spend [B]ON[/B] the ship doesn't count for much backbone!

[quote name='mrchips14']The diamond nightly happy hour will be in a lounge picked by the ship staff. I wonder if they will tell us which or if we have to hunt it out for ourselves. And they can change the lounge nightly to drive us nuts. LOL[/quote]

Oh goody...a Diamond Lounge Scavenger hunt...cool!:D

Archived