Summer 2010 Caribbean Bookings OPEN

cherylandtk

The press release said not until tomorrow, May 14, but I just called and booked the Emerald for July 2010. Did not ask a lot about prices, but they seem to be really high, as has already been reported. About 150% of the May 2010 price for the same room and itinerary; about on par with the Holiday 2009 pricing.

The press release said not until tomorrow, May 14, but I just called and booked the Emerald for July 2010. Did not ask a lot about prices, but they seem to be really high, as has already been reported. About 150% of the May 2010 price for the same room and itinerary; about on par with the Holiday 2009 pricing.

I just booked two cabins for June 6th and yes, prices are really high. I'm sure they'll come down, but for now I got exactly what I wanted.

Wow, I just checked BB prices for a June sailing on the Emerald. One week is the same price we are paying for 14 days with HAL in October. Yes, I know October is hurricane season :eek: but we love to cruise then.

Thought we would change it up and go in June for our anniversary but there is no way I can justify the pricing right now.

Wait and see.........

Glad you all got the cabins you wanted :)

Cheers, Denise

Glad to see folks booking. I'm a little surprised at the pricing given the economy. Maybe it's not affecting the cruise industry as much as other areas, but it's hard to believe they aren't hurting some.

Prices are high on Alaska for next year too. It seems to me that they have come down alot! I went ahead and booked because I figured I had till next May to decide how badly I need to go!

Exactly. Nothing lost by booking now, especially if you're holding FCC's. I usually keep my res with Princess until almost final payment. There's nobody better to monitor the prices than ME. :D

Exactly. Nothing lost by booking now, especially if you're holding FCC's. I usually keep my res with Princess until almost final payment. There's nobody better to monitor the prices than ME. :D

I do keep FCC's but did book with a TA who will fare down. Nothing to lose!

We were told by a Princess representative to expect the prices to drop within the next few weeks due to the economy. She recommended that we check the prices on Saturday since that is when the prices are usually adjusted.

We were told by a Princess representative to expect the prices to drop within the next few weeks due to the economy. She recommended that we check the prices on Saturday since that is when the prices are usually adjusted.

We have several FCC's available but when we book, we pay our insurance on the full price at the time of booking which is why I am holding out :eek:

Cheers, Denise

Inflated prices are the oldest marketing technique in the book. They purposely inflate the price knowing that they may only get a small percentage of people to book. After a few weeks they will reduce the price to make it appear to be a sale. It is called a cancelation of a markup. Retailers have been doing it for years. If they get some people to book early out of fear of not getting the room or itinerary before it is sold then they make a profit above the planned gross margin. I would imagine that most of the bookings are purchased at a price that meets the gross margin plan. There are also bookings sold below the gross margin plan. It should all average out so the cruise line makes a profit. Just think about travelers who don’t check the prices daily like the CC members. Those are the ones who pay the original price. I just decide what I am willing to pay for a certain time of year and itinerary and then book. Of course I watch the prices like a hawk and call to have them adjusted as they drop.

I don't see the Caribbean Princess New York Summer 2010 departures/itineraries/prices posted as yet (9:10 AM Est.). I assume they will appear later today. My wife and I, along with friends, were planning to book a May or June 2010 cruise today or tomorrow. Maybe it's best that we wait?

Rick.

I don't see the Caribbean Princess New York Summer 2010 departures/itineraries/prices posted as yet (9:10 AM Est.). I assume they will appear later today. My wife and I, along with friends, were planning to book a May or June 2010 cruise today or tomorrow. Maybe it's best that we wait?

Rick.

I just called and the rep said not for two weeks. I do not think it will be that long we are trying to decide btw the Caribbean Princess and the Explorer. The Ex is also high right now. We are looking into August.

Early this morn, I checked out the 2010 cruises.

Only the 7 day Emerald cruises are showing out of FLL.

Prices are higher than my 9 day CB cruise out of NY

I'm going periodically check Princess site for the 2010 CB NY cruises.

We are also deciding between the RCI Explorer (May 27, 2010) and a Caribbean Princess cruise (I believe there also is a May 27, 2010 Caribbean Princess cruise scheduled). The Explorer prices are very high. We have cruised on the Explorer twice previously, and would like to try Princess. We enjoyed the Explorer (along with our NCL cruises) and have heard lots of positives about Princess.

Rick

My fiance and I are on the verge of booking our honeymoon on the CB for Summer 2010.

The price I was quoted by my TA was in the range I was expecting; I am wondering, however, how this whole price drop thing works I hear so much about.

I know some lowerings of prices are applicable to new bookings only, but I wonder what the odds are of a drop that my TA could take advantage of. I know the prices went way down as the economy fell for the same cruises this summer (I noticed balconies and mini-suites on a summer 2009 CB 9-day is now $400 less than it was 8 months ago on princess.com); I wonder how 2010's sailings will price out.

Anyone with experience in this department have insights to offer? It would be greatly helpful and appreciated info! Thanks!

We're looking into the July cruise out of New York. Can you tell me if you put a deposit on this cruise and you decide to cancel before full payment; do you get your full deposit back? We're a group of 10 looking for something special next summer. We're also looking at the 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We have to cruise in July since we all work in a school.

We're looking into the July cruise out of New York. Can you tell me if you put a deposit on this cruise and you decide to cancel before full payment; do you get your full deposit back? We're a group of 10 looking for something special next summer. We're also looking at the 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We have to cruise in July since we all work in a school.

Yes, you get your full deposit back as long as it's before final payment and as long as you don't book with a TA that deducts a fee.

I got the pricing for July 2010 on the CB out of NYC. Wow! its expensive. I was planning a group cruise, but with those prices no one will touch it. Its way more than I paid last July. Ive had prices for Carnival and RCI for months and waited to create a group cruise until Princess prices came out.. I think Carnival is going to win. There prices are good and they give alot of group perks plus a $25 PP deposit to hold. (Ive been on several Carnival cruises..I had a blast, no complaints)

I love Princess..its shame they have outpriced themselves, even though Im sure they will drop. I hope. MY TA said they were dragging their feet announcing pricing because they were repositioning ships from Alaska.

Im bummed it wont be the CB, but Ill have fun nevertheless cause Im cruising.

I am guessing they will transition her back to San Juan at some point, and might be leaving their options open as to whether that will be earlier or later than in prior years. Probably after they see how the summer 2010 bookings go in NYC? If demand is high, they might keep her longer. Or maybe it has something do to with port contracts....

Archived