What is your favorite food on RCI cruises?

I'm with muladybug--the bran muffins are the best! And they're the same on all the Royal Caribbean ships we have been on.:)

The Best Bran Muffins. However, get to the Windjammer early because they run out, fast!

Any of the creamed hot soups at dinner in the main dining room (especially the Garlic and Asparagus! Absolutely!!!)

The Honey Stung Chicken on embarkation day is great! This is the only time you can get it in the Windjammer and is quite similar to the Chik-Fil-A restaurant chicken offered down here in the Houston area. Other suggestions would also be any desserts at Portofino and of course, the Raisin/Oatmeal cookies!!! YUM!!!!

Peace!

I will be on Mariners in 08/09/09. Love to eat but only want to eat what i can consume as not to waste food.

My last cruises were all Carnival and my last RCI was Monarch of the Seas which is aprrox 10+ years ago in Southern Carribean.

Since there are too much items, trying everything could end up wasting food.

Anyone with suggestions for favorite must die for food items, or item where you think we should not bother, please contribute.

:^)

scallop risoto and the cold soups

Vidalia onion tart the first night. YUMMMY!!!

Everyone recommends this.

Is it really that wonderful?

What makes it so special?

I am looking forward to trying it. Will have two effects. If I like it I can come on here after my cruise and thank you all. If I hate it ...........................well, that ain't going to happen.:)

I may get flamed, but the $14.95 steak in the MDR is the one they serve in Chops and it is really good. Have it on lobster night and split it with DW, little surf and turf action. Personally love the smoked salmon with capers, cream cheese and onions for breakfast.

Napoleons! YES!

Napoleons!?!?!?!?! THEY HAVE NAPOLEONS????? Do they have them on the Monarch too? if so where????

Are they "real" napoleans - with Bavarian cream and no preserves and a frosted glaze on top? I can't tell you the trouble I have trying to find these in the south (Florida) although one Publix (about 30 miles away) occasionally have them. I have seen them with whipped cream (not Bavarian) and some with strawberry or raspberry preserves in them (which are not true to the way I had them growing up in NY). I have also seen them with cinnamon and nuts on top instead of the frosted glaze. . . .

Man - if they also have them on the Monarch, you just made my day!!!!!:D

Prime Rib and Lobster (and then some more lobster) on formal night.

is this the traditional offering on formal night on most if not all the ships? If so, I know what we are both having. . . .:)

The soufle for dessert in the MDR is fantastic. I also recommend the stuffed French Toast in the MDR for breakfast. I

f you have the time try to enjoy as many meals in the MDR as possible. The service is fast enough and this way you don't have to hunt for a table in the Windjammer.

My favorites in the Main Diningroom include: Appetizers: all of the cold fruit soups; Escargot; Vidalia Onion Tart Entrees: Lamb Chops, Lobster / Shrimp plate, Lamb Shank Prime Rib Desserts: Sugar-free Coconut Cake, Red Berry Tart, Warm Chocolate Cake w/ Vanilla Ice Cream.......in the Windjammer I especially like their rice pudding and bread puddings - short ribs - french fries and in the morning the made to order omeletts.

Now I am hungry!!!!

I vote for anything in Portofino, the Vidalia tart(first night), flourless choc cake and the cold soups.

jhmoore143---- ferrarascafe dotcom- they ship.

Napoleons!?!?!?!?! THEY HAVE NAPOLEONS????? Do they have them on the Monarch too? if so where????

Are they "real" napoleans - with Bavarian cream and no preserves and a frosted glaze on top? I can't tell you the trouble I have trying to find these in the south (Florida)>>>>>>>>>>>(which are not true to the way I had them growing up in NY).

Last October we were on the Vision and went to the dining room for lunch one day. They had a fantastic Salad Bar with all of the options you could possibly want, including shrimp, proscuitto, beef, ham and many other items. It was a waiter assisted salad bar. We pointed and chose what we wanted and could have as much as we wanted. They then mixed the dressing in and served it to you. We absolutely loved it and are hoping they have this on our next cruise on AOS in October 2009. Does anyone know if this is usually offered when the DR is open for lunch? Thanks!

Archived