Michael's Club becoming Elite lounge.

C 2 C

Just back from Baltics cruise on Constellation . We are Elite members of Captains Club. On second day we received 'Exclusive' card with letter explaining benefits, and how to take advantage.

8am - 10am Champagne continental breakfast in Michaels . As it says free champers with cold breakfast. I went one morning and only 5 others attended.

4pm -6pm Menu of free drinks, champagne, gin, wine etc and canapies served. At 5pm each day Head Sommelier attended and gave you a glass of red and white wine and explained history/ taste . We attended about 5 days and most we ever saw was about 15 people. Whilst speaking to staff the most they have ever had was about 30 so the critics who think it will be crowded are mistaken.

50 dollars credit on internet - no catches

Free laundry bag.

Add that to trips to heliport, galley, bridge, theatre, Captains cocktail party and Senior Officers Party. Benefits with Celebrity beginning to be worthwhile. :)

Just back from Baltics cruise on Constellation . We are Elite members of Captains Club. On second day we received 'Exclusive' card with letter explaining benefits, and how to take advantage.

8am - 10am Champagne continental breakfast in Michaels . As it says free champers with cold breakfast. I went one morning and only 5 others attended.

4pm -6pm Menu of free drinks, champagne, gin, wine etc and canapies served. At 5pm each day Head Sommelier attended and gave you a glass of red and white wine and explained history/ taste . We attended about 5 days and most we ever saw was about 15 people. Whilst speaking to staff the most they have ever had was about 30 so the critics who think it will be crowded are mistaken.

Free laundry bag.

Add that to trips to heliport, galley, bridge, theatre, Captains cocktail party and Senior Officers Party. Benefits with Celebrity beginning to be worthwhile. :)

Thanks for your informative post:)

Free laundry too? Sweet:D

Free laundry bag.

I think the attendance of Elite passengers varies from cruise to cruise. On Transatlantics, you ususally see high numbers of Elite passengers. Sometimes 200 or more.

It'll be interesting to see how this new perk is accepted.

Free laundry bag.

Sounds good to me......

8am - 10am Champagne continental breakfast in Michaels .

4pm -6pm Menu of free drinks, champagne, gin, wine etc and canapies served. At 5pm each day Head Sommelier attended and gave you a glass of red and white wine and explained history/ taste .

Free laundry bag.

Benefits with Celebrity beginning to be worthwhile. :)

Great confirmation of the new Captain's Club perks!

Lounge, Happy Hour, Free Internet and Free Laundry :D

Thank you for posting

We became Elite just at the right time. Celebrity is doing the right thing. We have been sampling other lines, but like Celebrity the best. With these new benefits we'll be sailing with them twice a year. Our Connie cruise ibn August should be wonderful.

I agree-- we have a few booked right now and after the next one on Royal I think we'll just stick with X for awhile. I think they are trying very hard to keep it an upgraded cruise experience in difficult times!

If this is true, I think it's a great. Our Elite status has given us Daimond reciprosity on RCI and we have really enjoyed the use of their Concierge Lounge. Of course, that benefit is going away on Sept.1 on RCI, but since we have 3 Celebrity cruises booked in the next 16 months, I hope it will be in effect on X.

With all the uproar to this announcement they are altering the plan. I do believe that from 4-6 in select lounges if you show your ship board card you can get a few free cocktails or wine choices.

We just had a fabulous land trip to Italy and thought we'd give up on cruising since we've been disappointed in the food and the fact that Celebrity seems to be adding extra costs and reducing benefits with every cruise. A hotel we stayed at in Santa Margherita Ligure reminded us of our very first experience on Meridian with excellent food and white glove service. Those were the days! Maybe we were too quick to write cruising off. With these changes and new Elite perks guess I'll start looking at options again!

On facebook someone on board Constellation mentioned that there were several changes.. including a "new Michael's Club". Then another contact emailed me the opening quote. This is recent! I just called Captain's Club... they have no information (you heard it here first) .. but as Andy stated, stay tuned. Perhaps, tests are underway... :D

I served on the X advisory board regarding the loyalty program for Captains Club. The survey was extensive and mentioned many of the perks you have read here. No one knows the results of the survey...they just wanted our opinions. Jini

And once word gets out - there will be Diamonds from RCCL crossing over for the free drinks.

The problem is - how many Elite members are there on Celebrity? If there are as many as there are Diamonds, even admitting Elite could cause a problem. Perhaps there is a case for a higher level - Elite Plus to be the equivalent to Diamond Plus for the crossover purposes. i.e. 24+ cruises?

Interesting trials.

This was also dicussed in the survey given to the advisory board. Jini

On facebook someone on board Constellation mentioned that there were several changes.. including a "new Michael's Club". Then another contact emailed me the opening quote. This is recent! I just called Captain's Club... they have no information (you heard it here first) .. but as Andy stated, stay tuned. Perhaps, tests are underway... :D

Michael's Club has been redesigned on the Constellation.

Also officers and crew have facebook pages. True inside information.

I think the perks are nice. Like others have stated, I wouldn't fight my way into a bar just for a free drink, I'd rather pay. However, I don't think there are all that many Elite passengers on each sailing that would choose to go every night, so it shouldn't be an issue. Also agree, the 11:45AM Senior Officers Party is bizarre to say the least. Cocktails before noon?

Cocktails before noon?

There is nothing wrong with a good Bloody Mary made with Absolut Peppar (and they made them that way on Solstice) or a nice Mimosa to enjoy while on on board as well late morning.

I have however been on ships with a line up at 7am for them. You never know the time zone of the people you are sailing with.;)

............................ Also agree, the 11:45AM Senior Officers Party is bizarre to say the least. Cocktails before noon?

Perhaps they are trying to make sailors of us:D:D?

‘sun is over the yardarm, the’, a traditional nautical saying to indicate that it is time for a morning drink. It was generally assumed in northern latitudes the sun would show above the foreyard of a ship by 1100, which was about the time in many ships of the forenoon ‘stand-easy’, when many officers would slip below for their first drink of the day.

Perhaps they are trying to make sailors of us:D:D?

‘sun is over the yardarm, the’, a traditional nautical saying to indicate that it is time for a morning drink. It was generally assumed in northern latitudes the sun would show above the foreyard of a ship by 1100, which was about the time in many ships of the forenoon ‘stand-easy’, when many officers would slip below for their first drink of the day.

Well, actually, since officers are no longer permitted to drink on any RCL owned ship, maybe they just want to get it over with!:)

What I found particularly odd, is what does one wear to a 11:45AM "cocktail party"? Shorts with a tie? T-shirt and a skirt? Bathing suit with sequined flip flops?

Well, actually, since officers are no longer permitted to drink on any RCL owned ship, maybe they just want to get it over with!:)

What I found particularly odd, is what does one wear to a 11:45AM "cocktail party"? Shorts with a tie? T-shirt and a skirt? Bathing suit with sequined flip flops?

Yes, that's true for the occifers - but not for us!!:D

Hmm.... clothes will be........varied, I should think!!:D Hope no speedos:eek:

I expect they will put a dress code on the invitation. Predictably.....smart casual?:p Or, 'no cut'offs, wife beaters, etc. ROTFL.

Well, at least its after 11.00am - we don't appear before that - we are on vacation and not an endurance course.

Archived