Michael's Club becoming Elite lounge.

C 2 C

if al lthe elite show up there would not be enough room. i could only use it on sea days but i will not be elite until 3011.. long wait

3011, that's indeed a long wait!!:eek:;):D

I am currently on Millennium and Michael's Club serves as a lounge for Elite Guests, and guests booked in suites. Hours are 4 pm to 6 pm only. All drinks are free. During the evenings, Michael's Club is what it used to be.

One other nice new touch: $50 worth of free Internet.

Cheers -

Floris

Hi Floris, Sounds good...especially the $50 worth of free internet. Thanks for sharing.:D

Isn't Elite equivalent to Diamond?:confused: And aren't the membership levels interchangeable within RCI?

Does this mean that all the Diamonds in Crown & Anchor RCCL can use this Lounge on Celebrity?

I feel another bunfight coming on!!!:D:D Can Michael's cope with the numbers if this is so?

Yes.

Phil

Hmm..........................well, it may divert those Diamonds who want an alternative to RCCL, to use Celebrity instead of other cruise lines.

I am just wondering whether they are transferring the RCCL problem of overcrowding due to free drinkies, to Celebrity. But better that, I suppose, than losing customers in these difficult times.

$50 free internet sounds quite generous also.

Be interesting to see what they decide.

Unfortunately for us, we don't drink much anyway and we use the CL mostly during the day and after dinner for coffee and a comfortable lounge. So we will probably stick more to RCCL anyway, as we can still use the CL. But we are definitely in the minority - financially, it could be a good move for Celebrity.

But for those Diamonds who drink, this could be good news indeed.

As a preferred line of the 'champagne taste, beer wallet' demographic, it is interesting to note X's pioneering of a 'neo-Cunard' return to class or classification passenger treatment. It's interesting to see the responses as Concierge Class, Aqua Class, now these inclusion/exclusion 'public space' programs are implemented.

Maybe eventually they'll subclassify and have the 'elites' that acquired their status with inside/outside bookings in one corner, verandas in another (with a potted plant). :D

If the room gets filled, shouldn't inside 'elites' have to give up their seating to cc/aqua 'elites'? Only makes sense... ;)

Hmm..........................well, it may divert those Diamonds who want an alternative to RCCL, to use Celebrity instead of other cruise lines.

I am just wondering whether they are transferring the RCCL problem of overcrowding due to free drinkies, to Celebrity. But better that, I suppose, than losing customers in these difficult times.

$50 free internet sounds quite generous also.

Be interesting to see what they decide.

Unfortunately for us, we don't drink much anyway and we use the CL mostly during the day and after dinner for coffee and a comfortable lounge. So we will probably stick more to RCCL anyway, as we can still use the CL. But we are definitely in the minority - financially, it could be a good move for Celebrity.

But for those Diamonds who drink, this could be good news indeed.

Don't forget the free drink offer is from 4-6. Late diners will not want to get dressed that early.

Four to six? Is there a dress code? Some people are still in their day clothes! Do they serve anything with the drinks?

$50 worth of free internet is an excellent offer.

Well if I get back there it will be in a bathing suite.

Maybe eventually they'll subclassify and have the 'elites' that acquired their status with inside/outside bookings in one corner' date=' verandas in another (with a potted plant). :D

If the room gets filled, shouldn't inside 'elites' have to give up their seating to cc/aqua 'elites'? Only makes sense... ;)[/quote']

I don't care where they stack me as long as they have a good supply of Rum and Coke.

Don't forget the free drink offer is from 4-6. Late diners will not want to get dressed that early.

Really. It's a nice perk, but I can't imagine 2 hours of free drinks a day having that much of an impact choosing a cruise.

4-6 is really early for drinks, especially when the ship is in port and you are off doing things.

I think 5-7 would be a better time, especially for us that have late seating dinner. Oh well...it's a nice thought but again, just like having the Senior Officer's Cocktail party at 11:15 AM, I think they do these things to discourage having too many people attend.

Anne Maria

I am currently on Millennium and Michael's Club serves as a lounge for Elite Guests, and guests booked in suites. Hours are 4 pm to 6 pm only. All drinks are free. During the evenings, Michael's Club is what it used to be.

One other nice new touch: $50 worth of free Internet.

Cheers -

Floris

WOW! This would really seal the deal for us--as if we aren't hooked already! The nightly pre-dinner get togethers on Royal C are so much fun!

4-6 is really early for drinks, especially when the ship is in port and you are off doing things.

I think 5-7 would be a better time, especially for us that have late seating dinner. Oh well...it's a nice thought but again, just like having the Senior Officer's Cocktail party at 11:15 AM, I think they do these things to discourage having too many people attend.

Anne Maria

A cinq a sept would be more appropriate. You are right. They give a lot of half***** bonuses.

But the $50 internet sounds good. As long as there are not restrictions.

A cinq a sept would be more appropriate. You are right. They give a lot of half***** bonuses.

But the $50 internet sounds good. As long as there are not restrictions.

A new perk and people are already finding things to complain about.:rolleyes:

Really hope they also add the internet perk for Azamara as that would settle my plans re keeping in touch on our upcoming trip

Brian, if you are already Elite, there is a 30 minute perk on Azamara if you buy a package also. I bought the least expensive package, had the perk added to it, and didn't quite use it up on our recent Quest cruise ( same itinerary as yours, I believe). Either way you'll have something.

Best Regards,

Ed

Something is only a perk if you can take adavantage of it and it enhances your experience. I don't see us going out for drinks - free or not - at 4:00 PM.

Not complaining - just stating a fact.

Plus...... an indoor venue with no view at a time when we are enjoying the outdoors.

Something is only a perk if you can take adavantage of it and it enhances your experience. I don't see us going out for drinks - free or not - at 4:00 PM.

Not complaining - just stating a fact.

But many will, I can assure you. Recently, on Brilliance they started standing in line at 4.30 for the 5.00pm opening. They had to line up outside, otherwise the staff couldn't do the set-up!!:eek: It was a zoo!!!

I did wonder about the 4.00pm - 6.00pm - it may have something to do with staffing, as 6.00pm onwards, is their busy time. And it may cut down a bit on the consumption!!

But if they decide to go with it, it will be very nice. We would go sometimes at about 5.30 for a coke before dinner.

Wouldn't it be nice if they did Baileys? Now that could convince me.........:D:D

My husband has stated numerous times that they should just give you a voucher or something if you are Elite and you can get a free drink at any venue you enjoy. I'd rather get one FREE drink at day - at a time and venue I choose - than 2 hours of free drinks at a inconvenient time they choose.

That's another thing, Michael's Club will be so crowed you will probably not be even able to get in there. So again, not much of a PERK.

I predict many posts about the free bar from 4 'til 6 here on Cruise Critic. Give anything away for FREE and watch. It's a free bar for a couple of hours at the end of an afternoon for gawd's sake.:D I'd make use of it and enjoy it. I would never base my cruise decision on whether there was a free bar for a couple of hours or not. It's a perk so that those of us cruising Celebrity frequently get a warmer fuzzy feeling. It's a nice touch. There'll be some that abuse it because it's FREE, but that's human nature.

It reminds me of when they have an hour's open bar because of a missed port or something. I've read of those that have watched as the hordes scramble to order three drinks at a time.

Phil

I predict many posts about the free bar from 4 'til 6 here on Cruise Critic. Give anything away for FREE and watch. It's a free bar for a couple of hours at the end of an afternoon for gawd's sake.:D I'd make use of it and enjoy it. I would never base my cruise decision on whether there was a free bar for a couple of hours or not. It's a perk so that those of us cruising Celebrity frequently get a warmer fuzzy feeling. It's a nice touch. There'll be some that abuse it because it's FREE, but that's human nature.

Phil

Hi Phil !

Well said. This is just a guess, but the reason it's probably running from 4-6, is that Entertainment starts in Michael's around 7 pm most nights. It would create problems if this were offered right up to 7 pm.

Though I am sure some will complain about the logistics, I feel that it's great to see that Celebrity is taking steps to appreciate loyalty... something many of us have been unhappy about for a very long time.

Count me in as someone who is very appreciative of any potential Captains Club upgrades.

Archived