Michael's Club becoming Elite lounge.

C 2 C

On RCI you are not permitted to take drinks or food out of the Lounge.

wow, we were just on Liberty and stopped at the diamond lounge just before dinner and each got a glass of wine and they were more than accomodating. they said yes yes take your wine to dinner, not a problem. so we did every night. never a problem. I hope they have a nice concierge on Freedom in January so we can do that again. (mind you, we never left with our wine without asking, they were great on Liberty)

wow, we were just on Liberty and stopped at the diamond lounge just before dinner and each got a glass of wine and they were more than accomodating. they said yes yes take your wine to dinner, not a problem. so we did every night. never a problem. I hope they have a nice concierge on Freedom in January so we can do that again. (mind you, we never left with our wine without asking, they were great on Liberty)

That's really nice!!

We were on the Navigator on a transatlantic one year and I walked in to the Ixtapa overflow with my flashing glass filled with coke. When I tried to leave, I was stopped by an 'officer' and told I couldn't leave with a drink. (Same coke!). She told me to leave it and I said I had paid $10 for the glass and it was mine!! So she told me to empty the drink - which I did, in the pot plant right beside her. She was lucky I was in a good mood!!:D

They all apply the rules differently. Good luck on the Freedom - mind you on those ships, you should be 'free' or at 'liberty' to do as you wish!!:D:D

Here is an update from an Elite Cruiser on Constellation right now:

Writing on first night of cruise.

Many new things upon arrival at CS. .... hinted at more benefits to come but was not at liberty to elaborate.

Here are the four key new benefits. These are tryout programs and might not be retained forever. Also they are not uniform fleetwide as each ship is doing it's own thing.

1. Complimentary dinner to be used first night only in Ocean Liners for all Suites, all guests on VIP list and top two or three cruisers depending on the gap. .... suggested gratuity-$5 per person.

2. Michael's Club - available to Penthouse Suite, Royal Suite, Celebrity Suites, VIP list and Elite only(emphasis is mine to correct the title ?). No other room categories and no other Captain's Club levels. They are providing breakfast from 8am to 10am, consisting of a continental buffet, champagne cocktails, and cappuccinos. Cocktail hour from 4pm to 6pm-includes appetizers, complimentary wines and cocktails. An access card is required for entry, one card per cabin.

3. 90 minute Internet package valued at $50 per person, not per cabin, therefore it is 180 minutes and a $100 value. You give your SeaPass Card to the staff member at Online Celebrity room and they activate the package.

4. Complimentary laundry services - these are per person, not per cabin, therefore you get double benefit.

a. up to 2 complimentary pressed items; this is pressing only

b. 1 complimentary dry clean item;

c. up to 10 complimentary wash, dry and fold (does not include dry cleaning and pressing)

d. $20 laundry bag - wash, dry, fold (does not include dry cleaning and pressing)

I believe this is a good start. Now lets see how long it lasts and what the future will bring.

WOW, the new perks sound great but appears those who have late seating won't have pre-dinner cocktails. Oh well, I know we won't be starting cocktails at 4:00 for an 8:30 dining time.

Other perks are a real nice change.

Wow I think this is all shaping up to be a great programme, hope they have it on Equinox for next January!

Hi:) I am hoping they have it on Mercury in September:D

Well, actually, since officers are no longer permitted to drink on any RCL owned ship, maybe they just want to get it over with!:)
Is that true? For how long? I ate at the Captain's table on a cruise this winter and there was some pretty good slight of hand if the Captain wasn't drinking [moderately] a beverage poured from the same wine bottle that I was being served from. I am not going to say which of the four Royal Caribbean corporate ship I sail on this winter, so if it is a no-no I don't rat someone out.

We just returned from our Baltic cruise on Constellation. We took advantage of the perks they are trying out on Constellation. My wife and I got 90 minutes of INTERNET free, a bag of laundry free, invitation to the bridge, and exclusive use of Michael's Club for Continental breakfast and happy hour from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM. We went almost every day. We met friends there daily. Some had early dining, and some of us had late dining. There was not a dress code, so most of the early diners were dressed for dinner while the ones that had late dining were usually not dressed for dinner.

I tried to get some info from the Captain's Club Hostess, and she did say it was on a trial basis, but that most would be pleased when it is implemented. I believe, after talking to her quite a bit, that another level of Elite will be added to keep the lounge from being too crowded. I also think the upper levels of suites will be invited.

The great thing I loved about the "Happy Hours" in Michael's Club was getting to know some folks, and meeting them there daily.

Also, we got to sample a white and red wine daily. We also got hors d'ors (sp) daily. We even got a sampling of the Goat Cheese Soufflé from Ocean Liners.

I know there will be scheduling problems, etc., but I believe Celebrity, if and when they implement these perks, are on the right track. :)

We just returned from our Baltic cruise on Constellation. We took advantage of the perks they are trying out on Constellation. My wife and I got 90 minutes of INTERNET free, a bag of laundry free, invitation to the bridge, and exclusive use of Michael's Club for Continental breakfast and happy hour from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM. We went almost every day. We met friends there daily. Some had early dining, and some of us had late dining. There was not a dress code, so most of the early diners were dressed for dinner while the ones that had late dining were usually not dressed for dinner.

I tried to get some info from the Captain's Club Hostess, and she did say it was on a trial basis, but that most would be pleased when it is implemented. I believe, after talking to her quite a bit, that another level of Elite will be added to keep the lounge from being too crowded. I also think the upper levels of suites will be invited.

The great thing I loved about the "Happy Hours" in Michael's Club was getting to know some folks, and meeting them there daily.

Also, we got to sample a white and red wine daily. We also got hors d'ors (sp) daily. We even got a sampling of the Goat Cheese Soufflé from Ocean Liners.

I know there will be scheduling problems, etc., but I believe Celebrity, if and when they implement these perks, are on the right track. :)

TexEd : no waffles in Micheals'club for breakfast ??? SHAME !!! :D

( sorry, couldn't resist.....:rolleyes:)

Thanks TEXED for passing the good info, and not raising to the obvious bait.

Hope if 'X' initiates a category above 'Elite' that it isn't tooo far above! I'll calculate my points after our upcoming B2B and then suggest they use that as the definition of a new level! It's always about me-me-me-me.

Denny

Thanks TEXED for passing the good info, and not raising to the obvious bait.

Hope if 'X' initiates a category above 'Elite' that it isn't tooo far above! I'll calculate my points after our upcoming B2B and then suggest they use that as the definition of a new level! It's always about me-me-me-me.

Denny

If they follow Royal's program, Diamond Plus is 24 cruise credits, while Diamond is 10. As some know, effective Sept. 1, only Diamond Plus will have access to their Concierge Lounge. I would not be surprised if Celebrity follows the same or similar cruise credits.

If they follow Royal's program, Diamond Plus is 24 cruise credits, while Diamond is 10. As some know, effective Sept. 1, only Diamond Plus will have access to their Concierge Lounge. I would not be surprised if Celebrity follows the same or similar cruise credits.

Thanks for the info - I'll start recalculating to see where I stand now. Handy getting extra points for longer cruises and upgraded rooms!

Denny

TexEd : no waffles in Micheals'club for breakfast ??? SHAME !!! :D

( sorry, couldn't resist.....:rolleyes:)

Yeah, but they had them on deck 10. They got to know me real well. ;)

Was there a cocktail list for Michaels? I am interested to find out if non-alcoholic speciality drinks are included. Thanks.

Yes, they had a cocktail list, non-alcoholic list, a mixed drink list, a red wine, a white wine, and a champagne.

I was on the Solstice last week and Michael's club is still open to all. It was our favourite lounge where the excellent Tim Kruze plays the piano and sings every night.

We were also on the Solstice last week and enjoyed relaxing in Michael's lounge - the waiting staff and Tim were 1st class.

Hi Ed! Welcome home. This sounds good. I suspect another Captain's Club level too. It would make sense.

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you and Jacque, but hopefully we'll get the chance to sail on the same ship soon.:)

Phil

Fingers xxxd for the forthcoming Equinox.

But..... we will miss the cappucinos and a nice Lounge to sit in during the day, which we appreciate on RCCL.

However, it does sound a very nice programme and I am also pretty certain that there will be another level - otherwise the equivalent Diamonds from RCCL will catch on and it will be inundated!!

Darlings, I am eighty-two years young and have been traveling on ocean liners and cruise ships since I was a child. Fortunately I am financially comfortable and take several cruises each year. I would estimate that I have been on well over one hundred cruises, patronizing almost all the major lines, as well as many of the smaller lines. I am the equivalent to Celebrity's Elite level on practically all of them.

With that background in place, here is my opinion of the current excitement towards the changes in the "perks" program: Yawn!

Instead of allocating monetary resources to reward returning customers, Celebrity would be better served by investing in better entertainment, higher caliber cuisine in the MDR, and eliminating the extra fees for mundane items such as bottled water and sodas, for instance. By improving the entire cruise experience a notch or two, people will come back for more.

Wouldn't you rather have the entire Celebrity experience improved rather than only piecemeal upgrades to only a few? Rather than a few free drinks in Michael’s club, I'd rather see improved, first class shows in the theatre. Rather than $50 worth of internet, I'd rather have improved quality of food both in the MDR and the buffet area, every time. Rather than a laundry allowance, I rather have free sodas for my grandchildren when they are able to travel with me, and better pool side activities for the both the younger and older crowd.

In my humble opinion, what would encourage me to repeatedly cruise with Celebrity is a higher quality experience overall rather than a few token perks just for me.

Mary D.

Archived