just curious

normally when we sail, appointments with the loyalty ambassador quickly book up for scheduling the future cruises. even with an appointment there is a long wait.

now that you can no longer combine benefits, are significantly less people booking future cruises while on board? if so has anyone noticed? i can't see a reason for booking a future cruise anymore, am i missing something?

We were going to but when we saw there are no incentives other than that insulting OBC, we decided to wait and book it ourselves at a later time. Then there is no sales pressure, you can check them all out. Booking a cruise direct is so easy why do it there?

We just sign the form for an open booking and decide when we get home. $100 to the sea pass and the form is all the time it takes no appointment needed? Or maybe I am missing another benefit?

your still doing the nextcruise even though you can no longer combine benefits? meaning the coupons, plat/diamond balcony discount, shareholder benefit etc....

We used to book a cruise or two EVERY time we cruised, but we haven't visited the LA in the last couple of cruises and have no plans to do so in the future, unless they let us combine OBC with anything else. We do better by waiting and looking for the good deals.

We used to book a cruise or two EVERY time we cruised' date=' but we haven't visited the LA in the last couple of cruises and have no plans to do so in the future, unless they let us combine OBC with anything else. We do better by waiting and looking for the good deals.[/size']
BINGO!! We were there too until our last few cruises. I think the only people waiting in line are those that don't know that their OBC can't be combine with even a coupon let alone a Platinum (or above) discount for balconies or stockholders benefit. There sure is no reason to lock up a deposit that Royal can cough cough... earn interest on anymore. :rolleyes:

BonVoyage

Dawna

We used to book a cruise or two EVERY time we cruised' date=' but we haven't visited the LA in the last couple of cruises and have no plans to do so in the future, unless they let us combine OBC with anything else. We do better by waiting and looking for the good deals.[/size']

Same here!

We generally only book insides, so the obc offered is still worth it to us. We did notice in April that the sign up book had many, many fewer appointments. We arrived for our appointment really early to look at some books and there was noone around. Went ahead and made our booking and still no one.

I think not being able to combine benefits have made a big difference in onboard bookings.

Same here.

No need to tie up any deposit or precious cruise time with the LA.

When we had a few booked from on board sailings, we sailed more often since the time was already planned and the trip partially paid. We seem to cruise less often, specially short sailings, now.

I guess it is better for RCCL to deny the extra $50 (off or OBC ) I might get from combining a benefit or 2, than have my deposit for sometimes as much as a year and then sail and spend lots of extra money on board.

M

Ditto. We used to always have several future cruises booked ahead. We don't have anything booked after our cruise this Sept. I can't remember the last time we didn't have any future cruises booked. We have not nor will be visiting the LA since we can no longer combine our benefits.

Personally I still book when onboard...like that the deposit amount is $100.00 pp max even on longer cruises. After I claim the booking, I call C&A and have the balcony discount applied as that is greater than the OBC offered at time of booking.

Less upfront deposit ($200 vs $900) equals less interest they earn; IMO win - win situation for ME :) To each their own and Happy Sailing

Sadly many of the LA transactions are research, dealing with complaints and other non-revenue generating transactions... and that is sad since a large part of their compensation is dependant on bookings... and of course very little incentive for booking on board with all the "enhancements". :rolleyes:

If I'm not even platinum (this will be my first RCL cruise) then I don't think I qualify for any of those discounts that I can't combine with?

So in that case is it still worthwhile to book the next cruise while onboard?

Nancy

Next week's cruise was booked onbard, but we won't be doing that anymore. What's the point?

Exactly! Our cruise in Dec was booked with a NC that we purchased before the change so we were still able to receive the diamond balcony discount. No reason to purchase another NC certificate.

###

If I'm not even platinum (this will be my first RCL cruise) then I don't think I qualify for any of those discounts that I can't combine with?

Nancy

Nancy, my answer would be yes! Just don't ever cancel your reservation or you will lose your deposit. If needed, reschedule with the same booking number.

###

Nancy

after you cruise, you recieve a $$$ off coupon at home if you book any cruise within a certain time period (i think 90 days) and you also recieve $$$ off coupons for certain sailings. neither of these offers will becombinable anymore with nextcruise or anything else.

your still doing the nextcruise even though you can no longer combine benefits? meaning the coupons, plat/diamond balcony discount, shareholder benefit etc....

The NextCruise is still an OK deal, especially if you don't do balcony cabins, and want to travel with other people.

For example, the credit is the same as with the stockholder credit, but the stockholder credit is only for your party. If you do the NextCruise, up to 2 other parties can get the same benefit, even if they have never sailed with RCL before. With NextCruise, you can turn that $100 credit into $300....not so with the stockholder credit.

Still, I would never wait in line to do this. If we do this, we just drop the form off in the box.

Personally I still book when onboard...like that the deposit amount is $100.00 pp max even on longer cruises. After I claim the booking, I call C&A and have the balcony discount applied as that is greater than the OBC offered at time of booking.

Less upfront deposit ($200 vs $900) equals less interest they earn; IMO win - win situation for ME :) To each their own and Happy Sailing

Maybe I have missed something but when I booked a two-week trans-Atlantic while on a cruise, I had to pony up $900 deposit. No mention of $100 would hold it for me.

Besides not being able to combine benefits anymore, another reason to hold off booking is I don't have to buy insurance within a couple of weeks of the initial deposit made on the ship which is usually six months or so out.

Tucker in Texas

Maybe I have missed something but when I booked a two-week trans-Atlantic while on a cruise, I had to pony up $900 deposit. No mention of $100 would hold it for me.

Besides not being able to combine benefits anymore, another reason to hold off booking is I don't have to buy insurance within a couple of weeks of the initial deposit made on the ship which is usually six months or so out.

Tucker in Texas

Same here. We have always had to put down waaaaay more than $100.00. Could be something new ....but I doubt it.

Think what Irishnana is referencing is the NextCruise certificates. This is what s/he said, "After I claim the booking.....". This is the only thing that makes sense w/ the deposit figure and this statement.

BTW, Hi Barb!!! :D

Bruce

We booked on board in May - weren't really planning on it but only had to pay $100 pp deposit for a 12 night med cruise. We also got $200 OBC. When I checked RCCL website as soon as we had gotton home we had also saved $100 pp on the cabin. Don't know it it was a better deal for a reason or if she made a mistake but we are happy.

We have quit booking on board otherwise since it really doesn't help. Why waste vacation time to wait for an agent on onboard.

normally when we sail, appointments with the loyalty ambassador quickly book up for scheduling the future cruises. even with an appointment there is a long wait.

now that you can no longer combine benefits, are significantly less people booking future cruises while on board? if so has anyone noticed? i can't see a reason for booking a future cruise anymore, am i missing something?

I have no need to use the LA because I use my balcony discount.

Archived