Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

The Hilton airport hotel has free 24 hr shuttles and is available for your date for under $150. Be sure to specify smoking or non-smoking for this hotel.

Thanks to everyone who responded to help me.

I have a hotel question. We are booked for one night pre-cruise at the Westin Beach Resort & Spa, with a car for the day. I found a better price at the Best Western South on Stirling Rd., with car. Which should we choose? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

I'm not sure if you are booked in Westin Fort Lauderdale beach or Hollywood beach, but I'd rather stay on either beach than in an industrial neighborhood near I-95 (Best-Western).

We are pre-cruise for 3 days and I want to shop and sight see and perhaps for all four of us do an air boat ride.

May I please ask what would you suggest doing and we are staying at the Embassy suites on 17th. I know the water taxi will be something we want to do and maybe use for shopping e.i.Department stores (the ladies).

Suggestions more than welcome, please. I know the days will fly by quickly before the "Cruise".

If no car, water taxi, beach, downtown/Las Olas, and Galleria Mall. If with car, Sawgrass Mills Mall, Boca Towne Center, Vizcaya, South Beach, Zoo Miami, Everglades. If with kids, Boomers.

My DW and I are taking the train from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise in June. We are staying at ES for the night. Do you know what the cab fare would be from the train station to the ES? I guess the popular plan is to take a cab from ES to the port the next morning. I am taking a break and taking the train instead of my vehicle.

If no car, water taxi, beach, downtown/Las Olas, and Galleria Mall. If with car, Sawgrass Mills Mall, Boca Towne Center, Vizcaya, South Beach, Zoo Miami, Everglades. If with kids, Boomers.

It will be our first time in Florida and will be staying post cruise at Fort L on March 31-April 2nd. We have 2 younger children 10 and 12 yrs. We won't be renting a car since we will be here for 2 nights can you suggest a hotel somewhere nice, safe, possibly a beach, restos (no chains), and maybe shopping (not necessary). and if any transport to airport that you have mentioned in the above? Sorry for all the questions and thank you!

We are coming in a couple of days early before the cruise. I see Las Olas mentioned a lot. What do you recommend in that area?

Riverside Hotel would be my only rec on Las Olas. There is a Hampton Inn downtown 6 blocks away but you don't want to walk around it at night.

My DW and I are taking the train from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise in June. We are staying at ES for the night. Do you know what the cab fare would be from the train station to the ES? I guess the popular plan is to take a cab from ES to the port the next morning. I am taking a break and taking the train instead of my vehicle.

Which train station? If it is the one in Dania/Hollywood I would say about $25.

It will be our first time in Florida and will be staying post cruise at Fort L on March 31-April 2nd. We have 2 younger children 10 and 12 yrs. We won't be renting a car since we will be here for 2 nights can you suggest a hotel somewhere nice, safe, possibly a beach, restos (no chains), and maybe shopping (not necessary). and if any transport to airport that you have mentioned in the above? Sorry for all the questions and thank you!

No hotels by the beach have free airport shuttles but many can arrange transport for you. At the beach I would suggest Westin, Sheraton, Courtyard, Bahia Mar, or Marriott bbbbbeeeeeeaaaaaaacccccchhhhhhhh ppppppllllllllaaaaaaacccccceee

OK, need another recommendation for hotels. Looked through this thread but don't see what I am looking for.

We are a family of 4, DH & I along with our 21 year old DD and 17 year old DS. We are looking for a Fort Lauderdale hotel for 1 night before our cruise. DH would like to be near the intercoastal for happy hour to watch the private boats coming in and out. The kids would like to have either a nice pool or beach. Would also like to have somewhere nearby to have dinner, preferable near water (intercoastal or beach). Not concerned with shuttles as would probably do taxis to/from airport and beach.

Would prefer 1 room with 2 queen beds, but are somewhat flexible, do know however that 2 doubles won't work!.

Any recommdations? How's the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for your help

I'm not sure if you are booked in Westin Fort Lauderdale beach or Hollywood beach, but I'd rather stay on either beach than in an industrial neighborhood near I-95 (Best-Western).

Thanks for the info. It is FL beach. My decision was made for me, as I booked the Westin thru Hotwire with no cancellation.:)

OK, need another recommendation for hotels. Looked through this thread but don't see what I am looking for.

We are a family of 4, DH & I along with our 21 year old DD and 17 year old DS. We are looking for a Fort Lauderdale hotel for 1 night before our cruise. DH would like to be near the intercoastal for happy hour to watch the private boats coming in and out. The kids would like to have either a nice pool or beach. Would also like to have somewhere nearby to have dinner, preferable near water (intercoastal or beach). Not concerned with shuttles as would probably do taxis to/from airport and beach.

Would prefer 1 room with 2 queen beds, but are somewhat flexible, do know however that 2 doubles won't work!.

Any recommdations? How's the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for your help

I think that Courtyard Beach or Bahia Mar would be good choices for you. They are both across the street from the beach and by yacht marinas. Coconuts restaurant & bar across the street from the Courtyard is on a marina. The only hotels on the intracoastal that I can think of are Hilton Marina and Hyatt Pier 66 at the entrance to the port, or Il Lugano, Gallery One, and Pillars. The intracoastal is about 2 blocks from the beach. I wouldn't stay at Il Lugano or Pillars for their pools.

I think that Courtyard Beach or Bahia Mar would be good choices for you. They are both across the street from the beach and by yacht marinas. Coconuts restaurant & bar across the street from the Courtyard is on a marina. The only hotels on the intracoastal that I can think of are Hilton Marina and Hyatt Pier 66 at the entrance to the port, or Il Lugano, Gallery One, and Pillars. The intracoastal is about 2 blocks from the beach. I wouldn't stay at Il Lugano or Pillars for their pools.

Thanks!

We are staying at the Sheraton FL Beach Hotel the day before our cruise. As we arrive early in the morning I was wondering if the hotel is close to shopping, wine store etc. accessible on foot or water taxi? I have never used the water taxi before and don't know where it is in relationship to the hotel.

Thanks for an info

We are staying at the Sheraton FL Beach Hotel the day before our cruise. As we arrive early in the morning I was wondering if the hotel is close to shopping, wine store etc. accessible on foot or water taxi? I have never used the water taxi before and don't know where it is in relationship to the hotel.

Thanks for an info

actually you can get there by sun trolley..just go outside, and across the street to flag it down and you can go to http://www.theharborshops.com (you want to go, hmm...west-away from the ocean...) [well i guess it depends what side of the building you are in..if you're on the beach side, you want to be on the other side...if that makes sense....OR you can just get it either direction...and do the loop...i think...]

http://www.suntrolley.com

http://www.watertaxi.com

not sure where the nearest water taxi stop is....

Thanks for an info

The water taxi stop is across the street and to the right behind the fire station. However I would do as the previous poster said and just take the sun trolley to the Harbor Shops or you can just take the sun trolley in the opposite direction from in front of your hotel to the Galleria Mall. There is a Publix next door now at the mall and you can get wine,etc.

Please Help--OLD retired Army guy and wife of 42 years need advice on a hotel near pier for Holland American cruise --decent hotel--free parking while we are on cruise--a ride to the pier for depature for cruise--please Help--hotel must have coffe in am--Army kinda thing--

Please Help--OLD retired Army guy and wife of 42 years need advice on a hotel near pier for Holland American cruise --decent hotel--free parking while we are on cruise--a ride to the pier for depature for cruise--please Help--hotel must have coffe in am--Army kinda thing--

These hotels have offered park & cruise packages with shuttles. Be sure that you are booking a stay that includes parking and shuttles, as some do not include this in the regular booking prices. I think they all have coffee available, and some have free breakfast. Also note that some only offer free parking for 7 nights of cruise:

Hampton Inns FLL north and south

Sleep Inn Dania

La Quinta Hollywood

Holiday Inn airport

Fairfield Inn Dania

Days Inn FLL south

Cambria Dania

Edited by royalcruz

Looking at flying into FLL and spending the night in FLL and then taking a SAS shuttle to the Port of Miami next am - what hotel do you suggest that is in FLL but closer to Port of Miami.

Thanks so much for your help!

I would suggest calling SAS for that information. They will only pick up from hotels in certain areas and sometimes that seems to change according to how busy they are. I think they pick up at all FLL airport area hotels, which is the south end of Ft Lauderdale, towards Miami.