Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

I have a question regarding shuttle service from

Best Western, Oakland Park to Port of Miami and return

to Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Does you know a shuttle that offers service from this hotel.

I am having trouble finding one.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

you're cruising from Miami and staying in FLL correct?

have you tried SAS and Quality Limo

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

http://ridesas.com/

let me think a little more

here is one more idea....hopefully some others will respond

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Edited by megr1125

I've looked for this, but can't find an answer. Gorgeous wife and I are taking Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam out of Fort Lauderdale on December 9 returning on the 16th. WE then board Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas for another 7 days on the 16th.

Are the two cruise terminals close enough to walk over to? I know here in Los Angeles at one cruise port the terminals are really close together, except for Carnival. Their port is separate, about 10 miles away.

Thanks

you're cruising from Miami and staying in FLL correct?

have you tried SAS and Quality Limo

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

http://ridesas.com/

let me think a little more

here is one more idea....hopefully some others will respond

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Thanks Megr1125, I am helping my daughter with her cruise plans.

They are staying in Ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. I did

contact SAS and they wouldn't pick up at that hotel they said it was

too far away. I will try your other suggestions...

Thanks for your help!!

I've looked for this, but can't find an answer. Gorgeous wife and I are taking Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam out of Fort Lauderdale on December 9 returning on the 16th. WE then board Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas for another 7 days on the 16th.

Are the two cruise terminals close enough to walk over to? I know here in Los Angeles at one cruise port the terminals are really close together, except for Carnival. Their port is separate, about 10 miles away.

Thanks

depends..Port Everglades is HUGE....you'd be better off getting a cab for the short ride..there MIGHT be a $10 minimum fare..it's worth it...

that said i was on a cruise and i met people going on another ship..they were going to take a cab but our ship docked adjacent to the next one, so they walked.....i wouldn't do it though...not hauling luggage...

Thanks for your help!!

you're welcome...good luck

Thanks for your help!!

Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) is another FLL based shuttle service that may work for your daughter's transportation needs. Good luck! :)

I've read through this thread quite a bit, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about Park and Cruise services offered in FLL. We have read some bad reviews about a couple of places a while back, so does anyone have any recommendations on where to park if we are driving in the day of the cruise?

Hello,

Just got back last Monday from 3/10/12 sailing on the Carnival Freedom. Just wanted to give a quick feedback on the two places we stayed.

We arrived 3/8 into FLL @ 10:30pm. Headed to baggage claim. Called the Hyatt Place North for the airport shuttle. They said once we have our Bags to call back. So within 10 min or so I did that. They instructed me to go out of the airport & follow the sidewalk to the right. There is a place for shuttle pickup. We waited about 10 min or so & they arrived. Their last shuttle is a 11pm. Check in was quick & easy. We had room 617. Directly across from the elevator. We had a king bed room & these rooms are spacious. They have a living room, kitchen area with sink, mirco & refrig., desk area. Huge big screen tv that can be turned to face the couch or bed. King bed. This hotel is fine for a one night pre cruise stay if you book it on a discount site. Some of the cosmetics of this place are really awlful.. painted but didn't clean up the paint drips. bathtub was repaired.. or so it looked like it patch but the whole tub was squishy. it was strange. We saved ton of money by staying here 1 night pre cruise with the airport shuttle. Continential breakfest the next morning is great. Nothing fancy but there was plenty of choices. Also, they will shuttle you within 5 miles of the hotel. They took us to the Bahia Mar!

3/9 Bahia Mar

We really loved this place. Directly across from the beach. Nice pool area. Room was nice size. Great partial ocean views from our balcony. Close to everything! We ate at Coconuts. It was lovely. Food was fine nothing that WOWed me. LOL Actually we hit happy hour- 1/2 off appetizers & 1.00 off drinks. Check your bill. They tried to charge us FULL price. We arrived @ 5pm.. the special was going till 6pm. We were done eating by 6pm & they tried to tell us that we must have ordered after 6pm. We disputed it.. they changed our bill. You can also walk to the Beach place. Since we were there during College Spring Break it was crazy busy. Had lunch at Lulu's bait shack. Great views of the beach & great people watching. Loved the beach too...

3/18 Hyatt Place North again

Our last night in FLL was spent here again. We got a room on the 6th floor but I requested away from the elevator to keep the noise down from late night people coming back. It was much quieter but the room smelled like someone sprayed cleaner or carpet powder or had insense in the room. It was awlful... we should have changed rooms but we didn't. Just be aware.. change rooms if this happens to you! I think we were in room 622. At 6am we were woke up by the fire alarms going off. We evalcuated as so did everyone else it seemed. Took the stairway down. It was a false alarm thank goodness. We had the breakfast again & took the shuttle to the airport. The driver said he wished they would fix the fire alarm problem.. seems to happen often. Again I'd stay here again only if I got a good deal...

Also, ate at Bubba Gumps on the beach. It was fabulous! Perfect post cruise goodbye dinner.

Happy sailing!

Sue

I'm back...had a nice relaxing cruise on Ruby Princess. There were a lot of families, but it was quite a quiet crowd. They have a great granola and fruit bar in the mornings by the ice cream stand...I had never seen this before and I loved it. I also noticed that the amount of on-board credits offered for future cruises now depends upon the category that is booked (only $50 per stateroom for oceanview 7 night cruises instead of $100 that they used to offer).

I'm back...had a nice relaxing cruise on Ruby Princess. There were a lot of families, but it was quite a quiet crowd. They have a great granola and fruit bar in the mornings by the ice cream stand...I had never seen this before and I loved it. I also noticed that the amount of on-board credits offered for future cruises now depends upon the category that is booked (only $50 per stateroom for oceanview 7 night cruises instead of $100 that they used to offer).

Welcome back. When you cruise so often, it is always great to discover something new.

Dawn

I'm back! I make way too many changes! LOL

Okay, so I will now only be staying one night pre cruise and will be leaving the same day we return, so no longer staying 3 nights post cruise.

Because of this change, I want to upgrade my pre cruise hotel and don't mind shelling out a bit more.

I'm looking for a hotel that has free airport and/or cruise port shuttle, relatively close to the water and free internet and/or breakfast.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't want to exceed $200 (I'll be splitting it with my friend, so $100 each is the max)

Need a hotel, no need for shuttle, we are renting a mini van. But need free parking. Stay is for Sat and Sun after cruise. Will be flying out of Fort LauderdaleMonday evening. There are 6 of us so a little tricky. Sheraton and Bahia Mar very appealing but out of the budget. Need $150 max on a suite to sleep all of us or would book 2 rooms if less than $100 each. First safe and no bugs, next closest to beach (or on it) as can get. Breakfast would be great or at least a kitchenette. Family of mostly young adults plus 50 something parents. I know its not easy to find, but I dont think impossible. Anywhere from West Palm Beach south, but we know little of South Fl. Any suggestions?

Is there a Roman Catholic church near the hotel we are staying at for Good Friday services. We are staying at the ES. Thanks

If no one has the answer on this thread please advise where I CAN FIND THE INFORMATION. THANK YOU AS I WOULD LIKE IT CLOSE TO THE AREA OF OUR HOTEL.

If no one has the answer on this thread please advise where I CAN FIND THE INFORMATION. THANK YOU AS I WOULD LIKE IT CLOSE TO THE AREA OF OUR HOTEL.

you can ask at the hotel, but IIRC there isn't anything walkable..

that said, i always use this site to find a church when i am someplace that i am not familiar with availability of churches...

http://www.masstimes.org

you should look up the zip code of the hotel....

I'm back! I make way too many changes! LOL

Okay, so I will now only be staying one night pre cruise and will be leaving the same day we return, so no longer staying 3 nights post cruise.

Because of this change, I want to upgrade my pre cruise hotel and don't mind shelling out a bit more.

I'm looking for a hotel that has free airport and/or cruise port shuttle, relatively close to the water and free internet and/or breakfast.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't want to exceed $200 (I'll be splitting it with my friend, so $100 each is the max)

I don't think there are any hotels that offer what you are looking at near the water. The closest that I can think of is Sleep Inn in Dania...it's about a mile west of the beach.

I don't think there are any hotels that offer what you are looking at near the water. The closest that I can think of is Sleep Inn in Dania...it's about a mile west of the beach.

Hi Royal:

Is that the Sleep Inn on SE 5th Ave? We are staying there pre-cruise in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions on a close (walkable) restaurant?

Sorry if someone has already answered this elsewhere in this thread...as it's well over 110 pages I didn't read ALL of it.[since I'm sitting here at work right now...]..:D.

We will be staying at the 17th st Renaissance Marriott in October before our Allure cruise...just looking for any information about the surrounding area as we'll be there two days before the cruise and one after. Where's the best place to go to see the Oasis setsail? Any info is welcome...:)

Edited by Sunebeach