Ok Do you think I can Wear this on Formal Night's

Soundsgreat6

I thaught that this would be an Interesting way to find out from the experts:D my fellow cc m8's.

We see posts of the outfits you ladies like to wear but no Pictures of the Guys outfits:

Do you think that this is acceptable: Top half of Tuxedo with black collarless Shirt

1743030296_DaveTuxJacketBlackShirt1.jpg.53ef6a761496e97ff6fe0fefeb2aa2a4.jpg

123165254_DaveTuxJacketBlackShirt2.jpg.a10b4df56b34532c736a3e9d352779e1.jpg

Looks perfect! Compared to some of the people I've seen on formal nights, you're just fine!! Don't sweat the formal nights too much. Some women choose to dress down with just black slacks and a nice top, and some get really dressed up. It really runs the gamut, but in that black, you certainly won't be turned away from the dining room.

I thaught that this would be an Interesting way to find out from the experts:D my fellow cc m8's.

We see posts of the outfits you ladies like to wear but no Pictures of the Guys outfits:

Do you think that this is acceptable: Top half of Tuxedo with black collarless Shirt

Looks snazzy! But..... I do advise wearing some pants along with it!

Enjoy the cruise!

Looks great to me!

No, unless you have a clerical collar to go with it.

Where did you get that idea? :confused: Tux shirts now come in black white & pastels..My DH is in charge of his chorus uniforms..Several of the formal catalogs show this type of shirt..

It's called a black Mandarin collar tux shirt & is Formal..

http://www.buy4lesstuxedo.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=JORDAN_IN_BLACK_by_Classix

http://www.tuxedosonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=CLSXM08

Soundsgreat it's perfect & you will look very handsome in it..Agree with others you might want to put a fancy button on top..You will be right in style..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

You probably have not checked out on-line formal wear sites lately...The Mandarin collar is pure formal wear, sans ties & quite modern..:)

Betty

You're right, Betty ... I've not Googled around and I'm not very tuned in on men's formalwear.

But ... if this look truly is formal and very hip and quite modern, I don't understand why the OP would second-guess the choice and ask for an opinion here.

You're right, Betty ... I've not Googled around and I'm not very tuned in on men's formalwear.

But ... if this look truly is formal and very hip and quite modern, I don't understand why the OP would second-guess the choice and ask for an opinion here.

He's may not be used to it..Perhaps one of his kids bought it for him..Only reason I know is I look at all the catalogs..

Guess we agree that the mandarin or as some call it a banded collar is formal..Must admit I probably could not get DH to wear one even if it's formal..I have all I can do to get him to take a paisley vest & tie as a change..

We have 8 formal nights on our cruise & it's nice to see him a different color except black & white..I'll take 4 formal outfits & wear them twice..No one else really notice's anyway..

Betty

My DH wore one of those shirts with his black tux and looked fabulous. Have to admit that I always called him Father Guido when he wore it. (Reminded me of some character on a late night comedy show.) I second the suggestion about the fancy button. You can find them in the accessories case at any good men's store or tux store.

It looks great. My husband wears a mandarin collar shirt and a crystal button clip with his tux on nights. I think he looks great. He likes the mandarin collar because he has a short neck and it is more comfortable to wear.

Maria

Thanks to all for the compliments. Actually I have been wearing this look for a while now has I am a profesional DJ who does a lot of wedding's and MC work. I also have a white shirt the same look. I like the Idea of a fancy top button. I have a Black and White combo shirt with the fancy button on top. But didn't know you can get them has accessories. Will have to check at the local Tux supply.

I didn't know that It was called a mandarin collar - Thanks to all.

P.S. Bless You My son comes to mind for those that wanted the clerical collar.

Archived