Abbreviations...

i5trucker

A lot of people use abbreviations on theses forums, such as TA, pax, DW, DH, etc. My question is what does the "D" stand for in DH or DW? Sorry if this is so obvious, but it is really bugging me that I can't figure it out.

The only one I had in question was the "D", seems like everybody uses the "DH or DW", I'm sure thy don't talk like that in real life. When I feel the need to mention my wife in a post, I will just type out "my wife". Thanks for the responses.

The only one I had in question was the "D", seems like everybody uses the "DH or DW", I'm sure thy don't talk like that in real life. When I feel the need to mention my wife in a post, I will just type out "my wife". Thanks for the responses.

I use "hubby" and "the girl" (even though I've now taken to using "the teen"). What's weird is that somebody was harping on my use of "the girl" in my review of my last cruise, even after I said that's how my hubby and I often refer to her.

LOL That's me, too. It's just as easy to type "my wife" as it is to type "DW." Some abbreviations make sense, like OBC for on board credit, or MDR for main dining room, but the DW, DH, DD, DS stuff just makes me laugh.

Archived