Singles to get Double Points

Attack me; I can take it.

There are ongoing discussions on several different threads on Facebook, with people posting who have called Royal Caribbean and gotten verification.

No one else has the chutzpah to post here.

I do. :D

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

Some great news for solo travelers on RCI. Effective this month all solo cruisers paying a single supplement will now receive double cruise points. You will now receive 2 points for each night sailed. Any cruises departing after October 3rd, 2013 will receive double points for cruisers paying a single supplement.

No if you stay in a suite you receive 3 points. Double points for the cruise and 1 extra point for the suite.

Gil T.........did you personally check this out?

I understand MM, as I know her personally, to only say what would be the truth.

On the other hand.... well, you know what I mean, so I'll call RCL tomorrow, and we will find out if you are truly......Gil T or knot!

Rick

Some great news for solo travelers on RCI. Effective this month all solo cruisers paying a single supplement will now receive double cruise points. You will now receive 2 points for each night sailed. Any cruises departing after October 3rd, 2013 will receive double points for cruisers paying a single supplement.

Ya. Just in time for my first cruise with RCL in January.

Gil T.........did you personally check this out?

I understand MM, as I know her personally, to only say what would be the truth.

On the other hand.... well, you know what I mean, so I'll call RCL tomorrow, and we will find out if you are truly......Gil T or knot!

Rick

Yes I have personal knowledge and I posted correct information.

I am sharing what I know and what you choose to believe is your business. Happy checking to you....it will only confirm what I have posted.

However if you really want to split hairs......MM has posted only what she has heard on facebook and I have posted info directly from the mouth of someone at RCI. The new double points for solo cruisers is effective for cruises departing after Oct 3rd, 2013.

On a side note...I find you quite rude in your response.....but maybe that is just the type of person you are.

Edited by Gil T. Azell

Will this apply if you are paying the full single supplement only or will it also apply to the deals that were just had on Oasis where singles were paint a 10% premium?

As of now it will apply to any cruisers paying a single supplement whether at a reduced rate or not. In the future that may change.

I am sharing what I know and what you choose to believe is your business. Happy checking to you....it will only confirm what I have posted.

However if you really want to split hairs......MM has posted only what she has heard on facebook and I have posted info directly from the mouth of someone at RCI. The new double points for solo cruisers is effective for cruises departing after Oct 3rd, 2013.

Gil, my FB sources spoke directly with RC. :)

I don't post known nonsense. Not worth the aggravation. ;)

As I wrote above, no one on FB was willing to post here. They knew that the doubters would attack. Me? I don't care.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Awesome! After my next cruise I will be 4 pts shy of Diamond for my 10 day honeymoon. Right now upgrading to a JS on my next cruise would be $1500 for both. NNNNNNNOPE!

I can't wrangle time this far into the year to take a 4 nighter to get those points. But now 3 nighters become an option!

LET'S GO FIND THE CHEAPEST 3 NIGHTER BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH 1!

Awesome! After my next cruise I will be 4 pts shy of Diamond for my 10 day honeymoon. Right now upgrading to a JS on my next cruise would be $1500 for both. NNNNNNNOPE!

I can't wrangle time this far into the year to take a 4 nighter to get those points. But now 3 nighters become an option!

LET'S GO FIND THE CHEAPEST 3 NIGHTER BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH 1!

Maxwell, I helped you find cheapies a few weeks ago! ;) I found Enchantment over the weekend for a $1/day solo supplement - it has since gone up.:rolleyes:

Attack me; I can take it.

There are ongoing discussions on several different threads on Facebook, with people posting who have called Royal Caribbean and gotten verification.

No one else has the chutzpah to post here.

I do.

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

I think that it is great! I just wish that they would apply it retroactively! ;)

(they're not)

:D

On a side note...I find you quite rude in your response.....but maybe that is just the type of person you are.

This is great news. About time. I've called C&A in the past about getting double points for paying double (or almost double) for sailing solo. They've finally listened. Too bad it's not retroactive.

Thanks for the info!:cool:

Edited by TM38Rob

Wheeeeee! :D :D :D

Now RCI can compete a bit better with Princess for my business. I've always liked RCI better, but with higher prices for oceanview cabins, and no double points, it's been advantage Princess for the past couple years. This is such good news. If they'd had this in place back when I took my previous solo cruises, I'd probably be Diamond by now. Anyone know off the top of their head when they changed from 1 point per cruise to the number of nights system?

edit: I think if I did the fuzzy math right, I'd be Diamond with 90 points (I found a thread with the old points conversion calculation) instead of Platinum. I'm going to like this new treatment of solos :)

Edited by Cruzin-K

Wheeeeee! :D :D :D

Now RCI can compete a bit better with Princess for my business. I've always liked RCI better, but with higher prices for oceanview cabins, and no double points, it's been advantage Princess for the past couple years. This is such good news. If they'd had this in place back when I took my previous solo cruises, I'd probably be Diamond by now. Anyone know off the top of their head when they changed from 1 point per cruise to the number of nights system?

edit: I think if I did the fuzzy math right, I'd be Diamond with 90 points (I found a thread with the old points conversion calculation) instead of Platinum. I'm going to like this new treatment of solos :)

January 21, 2011

I spoke with RCCL today as well about another issue and they brought this up to me, since they saw I am a single cruiser.

What they advised me, is the wording is "Singles get an extra point for every day cruised" NOT Double points, so Yes, in a suite a single would get 3 points per day. (I specifially asked that question).

MM was correct in saying that they are not going retroactive on sailings, it is just from this point forward, but still makes me very happy that they are recognising that the single cruisers are paying a lot more per sailing!