Equinox luminae 10/27 update

Wj420

I am currently on the Silhouette and I can confirmed that the Luminae will not be open for lunch on port days. I noticed it on the schedule yesterday (port day) and I asked about it last night at dinner. I was told that this is a change being made fleet-wide. Although it is not a big deal to us I was told that if we came by the Luminae at lunch time today that they would arrange for us to eat in Bistro on 5 at no cost. This was not advertised, but offered when I asked If the Oceanview was our only option.

The bottom line is that this is another data point supporting what the OP reported. Today in Toulon, France is the only port day that we will be on the ship, so I cannot confirm the Bistro on 5 is being offered as a standard future option.

The experience in Luminae has been amazing. The food and service has been outstanding. Home run (after two dinners and one breakfast) IMO. The 7:30 AM to 9 AM breakfast hours are somewhat limiting to us when doing an early shore excursion. I think they should open by at least 7 AM on port days, but a minor consideration. It allows us to have breakfast in the Oceanview and then appreciate the Luminae environment even more.

I have been that there will be breakfast served all days, but I will report after our first sea day.

Having a great cruise.

We're finishing a wonderful 12 night on 10/27. I did hear the staff comment that for the next cruise (10/27 trans) that luminae will not be open on port days.

With all the threads about the hours, I do find it interesting that each ship can actually make their own dining hours decisions regarding lunch. As this is not my sailing I can't get involved other than to advise the next sailing.

I will say luminae has been fabulous and will do a review upon our return. Enjoy!

Luminae continues to be exclusively open to our Suite Class guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner service will be available every day. Lunch service now will be available on embarkation day and days at sea.

Luminae continues to be exclusively open to our Suite Class guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner service will be available every day. Lunch service now will be available on embarkation day and days at sea.

Thanks for updating (the change) to company policy.

Can you tell us if, going forward from this point, alternate (lunch) dining for suite guests on port days will include complimentary Bistro on Five as has been reported on this thread?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for updating (the change) to company policy.

Can you tell us if, going forward from this point, alternate (lunch) dining for suite guests on port days will include complimentary Bistro on Five as has been reported on this thread?

Thanks,

Tom

Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

Will you please consider extending breakfast hours to 10:30 on all days, but especially on port days when you are no longer offering a lunch option in Luminae. Also, please consider offering lunch at The Porch in addition to Bistro on Five, both of which are less than stellar imo. Very disappointed in you guys. Lord knows what will change by January when we sail. Does not feel like "suite life" at all. Feels like penny pinching at the cost of the customer.

Oh Celebrity. After sailing in the Caribbean and Europe while dining in Luminae I can appreciate why the decision to close Luminae in Europe. Let's talk Caribbean. Many people sail just to enjoy the ship and suite, not the ports. Some may never even barely get off. Many booked because of Luminae on port days. Just saying.....

Oh Celebrity. After sailing in the Caribbean and Europe while dining in Luminae I can appreciate why the decision to close Luminae in Europe. Let's talk Caribbean. Many people sail just to enjoy the ship and suite, not the ports. Some may never even barely get off. Many booked because of Luminae on port days. Just saying.....

Totally agree.

You are correct.

Having sailed in the Caribbean for the last 50 years, we will only get off to stretch our legs and walk a bit. Nothing new for us to see as the ship is our destination. And having upped to a sky suite, we would certainly like to have what was promised when we paid and not the medley of constant changes.

So is brunch now completely gone?

And while I see bistro on 5 an option for sky suites and CS it already was one for many others as part of their package.

Luminae was over promised. Plus they forgot the vegetables. The hours are rigid. The good thing is the specialty restaurants were still great in September so we are probably not going to be upgrading for this experience alone anymore. Maybe extra square footage, but not food.

The promise of it being better than all the specialty restaurants thankfully was not fulfilled, in our opinion anyway.

It's like we want to offer this very nice amenity but we aren't staffed to do so.

And while I see bistro on 5 an option for sky suites and CS it already was one for many others as part of their package.

That hadn't dawned on me. We're in a RS on our next sailing, then in the PH on the following two - so specialty dining was already included.

Tom

I have been in a suite twice this year and dined in Luminae. Our meals in Tuscan Grill and Murano`s were much better than anything we had in Luminae. The menu is just too limited. I love the extra space and butler service but I would not book a suite because of Luminae.

When it was first stated it would be better than any specialty restaurant that is what hooked me.

While at first it was disappointing now I am grateful.

Its the darn square footage that is difficult for me. If Aq was a few feet wider I would like it much more.

Exactly right. We will get off ship twice on our 7 day cruise. I was looking forward to a quiet ship and dining in Luminae for lunch while in the carribean...and also would have loved "local fare" as they also promised. I won't make it to breakfast bc it closes too early and was looking forward to lunch in Luminae which is not happeneing either, so now I will get one meal a day on port days in Luminae. Seriously? They are open for one freaking hour for lunch anyway with a very limited menu. Not sure why they cannot staff for this seeing suite guests are paying an arm and a leg. X - if you can't handle it, stop promising it. We are full paying passengers, not your test cases in a focus group.

I will say it again, I do not want to eat a gloppy crepe for lunch being served by inexperienced waitstaff which has been our impression in Bo5 in the past. I would like to eat in the dining room that was supposed to be dedicated to me for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I will also say it again, you need to offer luminae food for room service for all suite guests, change your rigid hours, serve lunch on all days, serve us some local fare and stop changing everything on what seems like a daily basis. Give us what we paid for. Give us what the CEO promised. We are not asking for a lot. Here I go beggin again. Why do I fell like I am always begging for what should be included in my "suite life"? So frustrated.

exactly right. We will get off ship twice on our 7 day cruise. I was looking forward to a quiet ship and dining in luminae for lunch while in the carribean...and also would have loved "local fare" as they also promised. I won't make it to breakfast bc it closes too early and was looking forward to lunch in luminae which is not happeneing either, so now i will get one meal a day on port days in luminae. Seriously? They are open for one freaking hour for lunch anyway with a very limited menu. Not sure why they cannot staff for this seeing suite guests are paying an arm and a leg. X - if you can't handle it, stop promising it. We are full paying passengers, not your test cases in a focus group.

I will say it again, i do not want to eat a gloppy crepe for lunch being served by inexperienced waitstaff which has been our impression in bo5 in the past. I would like to eat in the dining room that was supposed to be dedicated to me for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I will also say it again, you need to offer luminae food for room service for all suite guests, change your rigid hours, serve lunch on all days, serve us some local fare and stop changing everything on what seems like a daily basis. Give us what we paid for. Give us what the ceo promised. We are not asking for a lot. Here i go beggin again. Why do i fell like i am always begging for what should be included in my "suite life"? So frustrated.

You said it much better than I....thanks.

I have some similar thoughts about the room service. If you have an unlimited specialty package, have access to luminae should the main dining room the only option?

I think the local fare never began.

I have no idea why it keeps shifting but it seems that they do not want to justify the cost of staffing it except for short breakfast hours and dinners plus lunch if you align with the hours and you are at sea.

Truly we do not need three giant meals a day, but it would be nice to have some elegance in lighter fare and service without having to go to Oceanview. Bistro seemed to give up training its staff a few years ago.

I remember you coming on here to affirm that three meals a day would be served. I also am unaware of the locally sourced foods that were promised to be used. Are you going back on those commitments? I just got off Summit in a SS and enjoyed Luminae. It doesn't compare to Normandie, (which of course you are closing), but it is a definite step up from MDR. I do not have another SS booked, but if I did I'd be PO'd that your commitment was worthless.