Miami Brickell area to Port, via Coral Way trolley route?

Out of Iowa

I just discovered the City of Miami offers a small number of free trolley routes, and it appears that one (Coral Way) serves the Port of Miami. We're staying at the Hampton Inn, DT/Brickell per recommendations found here.

Is this a practical way to reach the port? [We travel light and can manage our own bags.]

Looks like an option unless you're leaving on a Sunday, when Coral Way doesn't run. Be sure you get the Northbound trolley. I think you can pick it up at the Brickell Metro Mover Station or near there. They're wheelchair accessible so should have room for you. I'd say the ride would be less than 15 minutes if that long. Although if you just miss one, you'll have to wait 20-30 minutes for the next one. Once you're at the Port, you'll probably have to walk to your ship's terminal.

I have seen it at the Metro Mover station not far from the hotel but not sure where it goes into the port area

I did see it at Terminal J but not sure if it goes to the other terminals

It may be good to call them & find out

I have seen it at the Metro Mover station not far from the hotel but not sure where it goes into the port area

I did see it at Terminal J but not sure if it goes to the other terminals

It may be good to call them & find out

The trolley stops near Terminal J (in front of RCCL's corporate office) and also on the street between Terminal F and the port bridge (in front of the World Trade Center). I am not sure if it goes to the other terminals.

The trolley stops near Terminal J (in front of RCCL's corporate office) and also on the street between Terminal F and the port bridge (in front of the World Trade Center). I am not sure if it goes to the other terminals.

Yes it did stop in front of terminal J as we were getting off the ship not sure if that is where RCCL offices are? the port building did not look that big for offices?

Some crew took it to where ever it goes

Yes it did stop in front of terminal J as we were getting off the ship not sure if that is where RCCL offices are? the port building did not look that big for offices?

Some crew took it to where ever it goes

Yes, Terminal J is next to RCCL's corporate offices (2 x 6-story buildings). The PortMiami office buildings are across from Terminal F.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. With the traffic and all the potential stops, it could take you 25 minutes to reach there.

Take Uber for around $6. There are always lot of Uber cars in the area.

crewsweeper, thank you for your endorsement of what seems like a viable plan for us to travel from Brickell area to Carnival Glory's terminal using the free Coral Way trolley...we'll leave at 9am to arrive for our 10am check-in on a Saturday.

I found the Trolley stop on the Port map and realize we may be walking the length of two+ terminals to reach our ship's berth.

crewsweeper, thank you for your endorsement of what seems like a viable plan for us to travel from Brickell area to Carnival Glory's terminal using the free Coral Way trolley...we'll leave at 9am to arrive for our 10am check-in on a Saturday.

I found the Trolley stop on the Port map and realize we may be walking the length of two+ terminals to reach our ship's berth.

didn't mean it as an "endorsement" like Santorum for Rubio; just some talking points. But good luck. Let us know how it went. I know I'd never do it because it takes 3 trips tot he car to pull out all of DW's luggage:D:D

I'm not sure that was an endorsement.

The trolley isn't exactly reliable so it may take your hour.

Expect it to be a big PIA.

I'm with Carolyn, I would just spend $6 on Uber.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

we've navigated many European cities relying on public transit (which is noticeably better there, I realize!)...and we're ready to try it.

There is no Uber where we live so we have no experience with it.

I will return to this Board in late May and report on the feasibility of Hampton Inn/Brickell - Port of Miami using the free Coral Way trolley.

we've navigated many European cities relying on public transit (which is noticeably better there, I realize!)...and we're ready to try it.

There is no Uber where we live so we have no experience with it.

I will return to this Board in late May and report on the feasibility of Hampton Inn/Brickell - Port of Miami using the free Coral Way trolley.

I live within a very short distance from the Hampton Inn/Brickell, Blue Herons knows exactly where. Not how I would get to the port, not how I have ever gotten to the port there.

There is NO WAY the ride will be 15 minutes using the trolley!

Like you, I have traveled extensively throughout many cities in Europe always using public transit. I also lived and worked in Manhattan for years and I"m up there quite a bit. Relying on the trolley, not something I would bother with.

Good luck and let us know how it works! You may just hit it on a day where it works like it's supposed to.

Edited by cjskids

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck and let us know how it works! You may just hit it on a day where it works like it's supposed to.

OMG I just fell off the sofa laughing at that Carolyn!! Has anything ever worked in Miami like it was supposed to?

How is that new grandbaby?

OMG I just fell off the sofa laughing at that Carolyn!! Has anything ever worked in Miami like it was supposed to?

How is that new grandbaby?

No, nothing works in Miami the way it's supposed to!!!

The new grand baby is simply....PERFECT!! LOL She finally had him on Monday Feb 8 and I got to be part of it which was just amazing.

I wouldn't take the trolley. It's a long walk even if you have light luggage, from the entrance to the port to the ships. The trolley only goes across the bridge then turns around. And the 'seats' are hard wooden benches that curve in all the wrong places.