Best Way to Get to Miami Airport from POM?

CruzerDeb

Taxi:

http://www.floridacruisetips.com/how-to-get-to-miami-cruise-port/

... so depending on the number of people Taxi may be less (or far less) than Carnival transfers.

Also, it's continuously available as you get to the curb.

Carnival:

Between Miami Airport and Port Miami: One Way: $16.50 Round Trip: $33.00

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

Either option is quite reliable.

FYI, I got hosed on that flat fare taxi thing in January... I don't recall seeing the meter say $27 flat fee. I paid $50 including the tip for 2 on marathon weekend (which was why we needed the car since we couldn't return our budget car rental to their port location).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

FYI, I got hosed on that flat fare taxi thing in January... I don't recall seeing the meter say $27 flat fee. I paid $50 including the tip for 2 on marathon weekend (which was why we needed the car since we couldn't return our budget car rental to their port location).

There is that. Like the Vegas taxi drivers who ask a seemingly innocent question like "can I take the freeway?" which adds $10 to your $15 fare.

It's been awhile since we used the bus: does Carnival take the bags from your room to the airport, or you need to pick them up and take them through Customs? It would be nice to have the bags go direct, but I suspect that is not the case.

There is that. Like the Vegas taxi drivers who ask a seemingly innocent question like "can I take the freeway?" which adds $10 to your $15 fare.

It's been awhile since we used the bus: does Carnival take the bags from your room to the airport, or you need to pick them up and take them through Customs? It would be nice to have the bags go direct, but I suspect that is not the case.

Carnival has Lugage Direct which costs $20 I believe

Uber is fastest and cheapest

Totally agree. I wasn't convinced until I tried it. I am a total convert. No more taxis for me! I no longer have to get my cash or credit card out. It's all done automatically on my phone. The rate is known and agreed upon ahead of time as well.

Plus with your first ride up to $20 free, you would be silly not to try it! I even used a promotion that gave me hotel points too. It's truly a no brainer.

You can do your check in at the Carnival desk in the baggage claim area and take thieir shuttle for $15.00 per person. Arrive at the port, get your zone # and your ready to board. In January we used it for the first time. All went smooth and quick. There were a total of 6 people at the desk at 9am. If you are a group of more than 2 people, then a cab is the cheaper way to go. The flat rate is around $27.00.

I'm flying in to Fort Lauderdale and taking Carnival's transfer system to Miami. It's cheaper than a cab for 2 ($31 each), with less hassle, and it eliminates worrying about a check in time when I get to Miami.

OP, if you are not yet into Uber, and and it is you and hubby, then definitely a taxi. Fixed rate was as of last year for me 27.00. Super shuttle shared ride is 17.00 pp, so taxi is the way to go imo. I am slow to get with the times, so Uber has not yet come into my way of life:o

Without a doubt take a taxi .

$ 27 + tip flat rate. Confirm that before you leave. There is usually no waiting for them immediately when you clear customs , plus if you need a SUV ( i.e. Four people plus luggage ) they are there and at no extra charge !

I was just there 2 weeks ago and took a thriller taxi ride from Miami airport to the YVE hotel Miami which is directly on Biscayne Bay Street from POM, its was $27 plus tip. We made from airport to hotel in 8 minutes. I looked up at his dash speedometer at one point and the taxi driver was doing 95 mph weaving through the cars on the highway NASCAR style. This guy had to be a former New York City cab driver.

They tried that with me in February.

Tried to tell me it was $35.00. Sorry I was born at night, but not last night.;)

Bill

The flat rate fare and other fares are supposed to be posted inside the cab. Before getting into any taxi I always take a picture of the cab # and the driver info hanging off the back of the seat "just in case I forget something." Knowing that you can identify him makes it less likely that the driver will try to rip you off.

They tried that with me in February.

Tried to tell me it was $35.00. Sorry I was born at night, but not last night.;)

Bill

Sounds about what my fare was probably $37, wanted to tip for the bags we didn't have too, and we didn't want to wait for an uber (the rest of our group was already on the ship w/o FTTF and we paid for FTTF.)

I also don't know if it makes a difference but the cab picked us up at the rental car/ garage area.

I just returned from Miami on a cruise a couple of weeks ago. I made reservations via SUPER SHUTTLE - I pre-paid ride and tip; it was a breeze. They picked me up right outside the terminal. I also used a coupon to get a fare of $15.50. Good option for one person. A taxi should cost you $27.