Jan. 17- Feb. 7 2016 Where is Liberty?

Does anyone know why there are no cruises available on Liberty between these dates? The last cruise shown is for Jan. 10, then other dates are all N/A until the February 7 cruise. A mini-refurb? This frustrating. First RCI brought Navigator to Galveston, then did a refurb that put her out of service for a month. Now looks like the same pattern with Liberty.

Interesting. That's been the pattern, the cruises go N/A on the website, then a few weeks later they announce a dry dock or full ship charter. This case seems too long for a charter.

There's some weirdness at work, I was looking at Liberty pricing yesterday comparing November vs. January Liberty and the last few Navigator sailings. I'd noticed the prices after Jan 1st seemed to be at least $150 to $200 higher than November-- odd because we usually go in Jan. due to the better pricing.

There have been some shifts back n forth between N/A and some prices, I think they're still rolling dice and spinning the wheel.

• 3 months later...

Looks like what they did/doing with Freedom for Jan. 2015 they are doing again with Liberty for Jan. 2016. Gut the 2 level nightclub to put in an extra charge restaurant and more cabins. Also, to expand the cancer known as Dynamic Dining. In addition, add more cabins to the front of the ship on Deck 12 to block the views from the gym and take away more public space.

Looks like what they did/doing with Freedom for Jan. 2015 they are doing again with Liberty for Jan. 2016. Gut the 2 level nightclub to put in an extra charge restaurant and more cabins. Also, to expand the cancer known as Dynamic Dining. In addition, add more cabins to the front of the ship on Deck 12 to block the views from the gym and take away more public space.

Tell us how you really feel! ;)

Did you really mean to say cancer???? :eek::confused: Hopefully that was just an autocorrect - otherwise you need to tone down the hyperbole :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

Did you really mean to say cancer???? :eek::confused: Hopefully that was just an autocorrect - otherwise you need to tone down the hyperbole :rolleyes:

Here's the definition of cancer from the Dictionary on my Mac:

"cancer |ˈkansər|

noun

the disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body: he's got cancer | smoking is the major cause of lung cancer.

• a malignant growth or tumor resulting from the division of abnormal cells: most skin cancers are curable.

• a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate: racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe."

The second part of the definition is what I was referring to: a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate, otherwise known as Dynamic Dining. I see it more destructive to Royal Caribbean in the long run.

Don't mean to upset or offend anyone thinking I was referring to the first part of the definition.

What a nice, positive outlook.

Here's the definition of cancer from the Dictionary on my Mac:

"cancer |ˈkansər|

noun

the disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body: he's got cancer | smoking is the major cause of lung cancer.

• a malignant growth or tumor resulting from the division of abnormal cells: most skin cancers are curable.

• a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate: racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe."

The second part of the definition is what I was referring to: a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate, otherwise known as Dynamic Dining. I see it more destructive to Royal Caribbean in the long run.

Don't mean to upset or offend anyone thinking I was referring to the first part of the definition.

Agree with your second definition. Dramatic but expresses my feelings on DD.

This is the same pattern as FR. We were booked for 1-25-2015 and they cancelled all the January 2015 sailings. We got price protected and a nice OBC.

As we find out more about FR's Drydock, we should have some idea of what will be done on LB.

According to a certain website I use to verify rate increases/decreases (that ends with Fish), they are showing that the prices as flat lined (no increase/decrease) and with no rates posted or updated since April 21st, 2014. This is occuring for the following sail dates in early 2016...

1/10

1/17

1/24

1/31

I can't imagine that (4) different sail dates are chartered, all in consecutive weeks. I hope they are adding the specialty restaurant, Sabore' as this place was fantastic. We just got off Liberty a few weeks ago and Catacombs was basically wasted space, as it was never used on the cruise at all. This is the same area that RCL used on the Navigator to add Sabore'.

We sail on the Liberty on 2/14/16, so I hope it's completed and ready to go.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin