Some New Princess Summer Itineraries? Where in the World Would You Like to Go?

Host Caroline

Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?

• 7/10-night Canada & New England cruises
    • 7-night Bermuda sailings from East Coast ports
    • 10/11-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward
    • 7-night European cruises from Barcelona or Dover with alternating itineraries
    • Some "True" transatlantics ala QM2 style
    • Other ideas?

Princess has announced a very ambitious European program for '07 and some new Hawaii sailings... but there are still some gaps IMHO! So where in the world would you like to see Princess sailing during the summer? I personally would love to see a series of 7-night cruises with alternating itineraries from a European port that you could combine for a "B2B" or a few "true" transatlantic sailings between NYC or Boston and the U.K. Also, our 11-night Island Princess sailing in 1998 in Alaska was divine with some unique ports -- it would take a smaller ship to do that! And how about Canada/New England? This is a lovely area and IMHO an untapped market for the summer -- or maybe intersperse these with some Bermuda sailings from non-traditional Princess ports like Baltimore or Norfolk?

I'd like to see more options for longer Alaska itineraries. We're going on the 10-day cruise out of San Francisco this fall with some CC friends and it will be a great cruise, but the itinerary is a little thin. How about a 12 day that includes more time in Victoria, or a stop in Astoria? Even a 10-day one-way cruise, from say LA or SF to Whittier and including Victoria, which could be part of a cruise-tour, would be a nice option.

We're into the Exotics, and would like to see a circumnavigation of Africa, and perhaps a circumnavigation of Australia.

I think Princess presently has a good variety of trans-Atlantics - although they are not pure "crossings" ala QM2.

We had been hoping that Princess would again transit the Suez - but got tired of waiting, and are taking Oceania's Nautica through the Suez, Istanbul to Singapore, this coming November.

We also like to see one of the R class ships into the Baltic, transiting the Kiel Canal, a very pretty part of Germany. Princess' larger ships won't fit under the bridges of the Kiel.

All that said, Princess does have a pretty wide variety of itineraries - something for most tastes.

I will add onto what Spongerob said in that I would also like to see 10-day r/t out of Vancouver for the Alaska rt. That way you could see the usual towns plus Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier, College Fiord. Now they just have one way with Glacier Bay, and the ususal towns. The r/t trips from S.F. like Sponge said, the times of some of these stops leave much to be desired. Too much time is taken traveling to and from S.F. to Alaska. Maybe we need more than a 10 day run. Princess in 2000 did a 12 day r/t from S.F. and went all the way up to Hubbard Glacier. That was on the Sky Princess and I did it.

Marilyn

I would like to see some newer small ports and a longer trip of 14 days from Florida ports. More stops at the ABC's and places like Guadaloupe, Dominica, St. Barts, etc. One stop in either STT or STM for duty free shopping is great but the same trips year after year get boring. These should be scheduled after mid Nov to avoid hurrricanes.

How about some Med cruise that include North Africa? Regular scheduled stops in Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia. Maybe alternate with a start in Barcelona and do 10 days along the Europe coast with a finish in Egypt, then another 10 days starting in Egypt and sailing along the African coast to end in Barcelona. This way people can do Egypt's sights pre or post cruise like they do with Denali on the Alaska cruises.

I would love to see a Princess cruise to Bermuda out of Boston or NY. I live in Mass. and would love to take a Princess cruise without the expense of airfare. :) Plus, I have never been to Bermuda and it is on my list of things to do.

Sheryl

How about cruises that involve the Panama canal during the summer months and maybe some extended Caribbean. I am an accountant and cannot take these cruises when they are currently offered.

I would also love to see all the cruise lines to have a NY departure year round. I live in Jersey and no airfare is terrific. That was a huge factor in booking the Crown this summer. Maybe also run 10-14 day cruises out of NY to extended Caribbean.

I would love for a 10/11 night leaving from Vancouver and hit GB/CF/Hubbard plus maybe Sitka, Kodiak, Victoria....

I also love Druke's idea of Baltics on a R ship.

New England cruises hitting some different ports....

More Norweigen Fiords cruises - there are only a few per year and I can never make them.

Bermuda on Princess!

What about an Hawaii to Tahiti / Polynesia round trip? I know there would be a lot of "at sea days." The Tahiti Princess takes almost 5 days to make it to Tahiti from Hawaii on her one way trips. My idea would be to skip the tour of the Hawaiian Islands (people could do that on their own before or after the cruise) and then a round trip cruise out of Honolulu to the Tahiti area would be around 15 days, depending on how many destinations in the South Pacific are picked. I love "at sea days" and this would also save the expensive air fare to Tahiti. The Island Princess L.A. to Hawaii R/T 15 day itinerary is very popular, why not a Honolulu 15 day to the South Pacific R/T?

I would like to see the British Isles, Norway, Iceland cruise scheduled for more than one sailing a summer.

I'm all for this. Once per season isn't enough. I wonder if there just isn't enough support for additional cruises.....surely Princess must read the mail from customers wanting addition sailings?

i would like to see more cruises sailing out of the west coast, maybe up and down the west coast. my hubby won't fly so we either have to cruise out of san francisco, los angeles or san diego, or maybe seattle.

gerry

I live on the west coast as well, and would enjoy more and longer coastal cruises. There is SO much to experience on the west coast that I'd expect round trips from L.A. or S.F. which swung south as far as Cabo San Lucas and north to Vancouver would be very interesting much of the year. I'd be curious to hear how many others like this idea.

I also wonder why there aren't Princess round trips out of N.Y.C. that swing south to let people experience the beautiful eastern coastal states. We run all over the world to experience the tourist attractions, yet how many of us have begun to see all we have at home?

As someone who lives about 30 miles from San Pedro, I would (selfishly, of course) love more coastal cruises. A LA to Alaska cruise would be heavenly. We love sea days.

Also the Hawaii round trip from LA in the summer. We can only cruise when school is out so we're limited to summer, winter break and spring break (but spring break is only a week so that limits us to basically the Mexican Rivera cruise or Baja California cruise which we've done over and over again). I'm not a really good flyer so it's nice to be able to drive to the port.

We would love to take a Southern Caribbean cruise out of FLL (rather than San Juan) but they seem to be in the late fall and early winter. The one during winter break would cut it too close to the resumption of school in January. Of course, that means sedating me and dragging me onto a plane...

Archived