The Breeze! Great ship and great cruise!

rtw68

We just got off the 2 & 8 day cruises on the Breeze. We are staying another night in Miami and will watch the Breeze go back out this afternoon.

I will be posting a detailed photo review once we get home but I wanted to summarize the great time we had!

EMBARKATION

Very smooth, because the ship was in early on Wednesday and we boarded on Thursday, we were able to get right to our cabins and our luggage was already there!

CABIN

We had a port side Cove Balcony and absolutely loved the location, decore, and the proximity to the water. Wilfred was a great room steward! We were able to get some sun in the afternoon and it wasn't too hot to enjoy. We were worried about the adjoining room door but really didn't hear anything from next door. We were also worried about being under the galley but we didn't have any noise issues that kept us awake.

FOOD

No complaints! We enjoyed the Guy's burgers (had waayy to many), Sushi, the Steakhouse, the Chef's Table, and the Italian options. We also ate in the dining room but not as many times as we should have. The Red Frog Pub "pub grub" was great. We sampled all of the items with some friends.

SHOWS

Make sure to see all the new Playlist productions. There were great and the singing and dancing was excellent. We also went to one adult comedy which we felt was kind of short (only about 30 minutes), but was funny. I can't recall the comedian but will see if I have it in the Fun Times.

PORTS

Went to Nassau on the two day portion, got off for a little while, but didn't do very much. Gran Turk was very nice, walked on the beach and spent some time in the Margaritaville pool. Missed La Ramona due to a medical emergency. Walked around Curacao and got some great pictures and did the SeaTrek helmut dive in Aruba. Had a total of four sea days (one unplanned) which was nice.

THE SHIP

The overall decore of the ship was amazing. Very relaxing and "non-busy."

The ship also never felt overly crowded except during the very obvious times (embarkation, debarkation).

Never had issues getting a lounger by the pools or in the serenity deck. Chair hogging was very limited.

Pools are heated which was a surprise to us. We spent a couple hours in the aft pool and it was great.

Hot tubs in the Serenity Deck were just warm enough. They offer several lunch options for the Serenity Deck also (at the bar).

We were going to do the Awesome Bar program but were able to purchase some rum on the two day and use it for the eight day.

Still bought drinks but would have never had enough to make the bar program worth it.

NEGATIVES

All very minor, nothing that affected our cruise enjoyment.

Guy's Burger joint is not laid out very well, major traffic by the condiments area.

The flooring in the Lido Market Place is very slick. Didn't matter what kind of shoes you wear. Be careful!

The B2B experience wasn't horrible, but was very delayed because of immigration and very unorganized. We had around 180 people that did the B2B (I thought there would be more). We ended up boarding about the same time as the other passengers. Were hoping we would off then back on but it took around 90 minutes for the whole process.

Any questions just ask! I will be doing a full review with pics and more details.

going to be on the breeze in feb. so thanks for the review was thinking about doing the helmet dive in st. thomas was it worth it?

Yes it was great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Looking forward to your review! Did you by chance eat at Cucina Del Capitano, Fat Jimmy's BBQ, or the taste bar? What about the Punchliner Comedy Brunch? I'd love to know how the food was there.

Gapearl, I do not want to spoil what I plan to say for my own review publicly but I ate at Cucina and Fat Jimmy's so if you want to email me, I will let you know what I thought. :-) PureEmotionsPhotography at gmail. When are you going?

Gapearl, I do not want to spoil what I plan to say for my own review publicly but I ate at Cucina and Fat Jimmy's so if you want to email me, I will let you know what I thought. :-) PureEmotionsPhotography at gmail. When are you going?

Glad to hear that you will be posting a review with photos!

I - along with the masses - loved your review of the Dream. I will be sailing the Breeze next month so I will be looking forward to your Breeze review with even more interest.

Now I have 2 reviews to look forward to!!! Italanfemmy's and rtw68's! YEAH!!!!! :)

We're not going until September. I'll be patient and wait for your review. :D

I remember your review of the Dream. Looking forward to this review & yours of the Breeze. We are booked for next Oct.

Was there a charge for the food offerings at the bar in the Serenity area?

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

There was no charge but we never had a chance to try them out. Can't recall exactly what they had but they looked good!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We just got off this cruise as well and I ate at both Cucina and Fat Jimmys. If you are planning on eating at Fat Jimmys make sure to get there early as the line can be pretty long and the sun was pretty fierce the day I went. The food was pretty good as well. Cucina we ate at on the last night, and it was very good. Price was $12 and the staff was wonderful. Make sure to go with a empty belling as the meal is very filling. Also, they serve family style, so if you are going with a large group like I did (11), keep that in mind. They offered to bring us extra apps of the ones we liked, so that was nice. Make sure to make reservations early in advance.....we tried getting in towards the end with a group of 4 and we couldn't get in until the last night. Very good and worth the $12.

We just got off this cruise as well and I ate at both Cucina and Fat Jimmys. If you are planning on eating at Fat Jimmys make sure to get there early as the line can be pretty long and the sun was pretty fierce the day I went. The food was pretty good as well. Cucina we ate at on the last night, and it was very good. Price was $12 and the staff was wonderful. Make sure to go with a empty belling as the meal is very filling. Also, they serve family style, so if you are going with a large group like I did (11), keep that in mind. They offered to bring us extra apps of the ones we liked, so that was nice. Make sure to make reservations early in advance.....we tried getting in towards the end with a group of 4 and we couldn't get in until the last night. Very good and worth the $12.

What type of food was at Cucina?

What type of food was at Cucina?

It's Italian.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/cucinamenupdf.ashx

Note that there is a prevalence of red tomato sauce dishes. The appies can make the meal though. And the apple tart had the best crust of any of the apple tart/pie dishes on board, including the steakhouse's domed apple dessert, which is excellent, IMO.

All I can say is 'wait for the reviews'. There will be a plethora of them in the coming week/s. I just need to get mine posted before Femmy since her pictures are amazing!

I might do a review this time as well, but my pics and writing won't compare to hers!

Archived