Hotel/Motel convenient to Miami Port

OkanaganRon

We have not embarked from Port of Miami previously. We are looking for a clean, reasonably priced Hotel/Motel for one night in Feb/2016 located in the vicinity of the Port.

Can those with knowledge of the area suggest some options?

Miami hotels are expensive! We are booked again for January at the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami the night before our cruise. We have stayed there once before, older but clean and reasonable price and we like the location with walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.

According to the hotel's web site the Port of Miami is across the street 0.5 miles. Is it walkable from the Hotel or is a taxi needed? A lot of times taxi's won't want to make such a short trip. I did not see any mention of a shuttle on the web site.

Miami hotels are expensive! We are booked again for January at the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami the night before our cruise. We have stayed there once before, older but clean and reasonable price and we like the location with walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.

Stayed there recently....lobby has been completely re done...very modern, and the new restaurant although pricey was convenient for dinner and breakfast....easy cab to port

we usually spend time at Bayside...which has really improved..several good choices for lunch quite a few are outdoors.....Latin M cafe is indoor & has A/C, good cuban food and bar service,

We stayed at Marriott Biscayne Bay before our January cruise and were quite satisfied. Paid a little extra for a bay view room and really enjoyed getting up in the AM to see our ship and all the others in port. No problem getting a cab to the port, I don't think you could walk from any of the Miami hotels.

The Intercontinental is very close to the port' date=' and convenient to the Bayside Marketplace (less than 5 minute walk). Toro Toro restaurant is also right in the hotel and excellent for dinner. We got a good rate that included breakfast.[/quote']

Really liked the Intercontinental. Saw Reflection from my window. Got a great rate through Hotwire. Highly recommend the hotel.

Really liked the Intercontinental. Saw Reflection from my window. Got a great rate through Hotwire. Highly recommend the hotel.

We usually stay here too; we use Hotwire, Priceline or other discounters and get very good rates. It's so convenient and very nice.

According to the hotel's web site the Port of Miami is across the street 0.5 miles. Is it walkable from the Hotel or is a taxi needed? A lot of times taxi's won't want to make such a short trip. I did not see any mention of a shuttle on the web site.

Is it walkable - yes. Would I walk it - no! Heat, humidity, lots of traffic (besides cruise ships there is a large cargo operation - so think tucks, cab and shuttle busses all in a hurry :eek:).

Taxis will happily take you from the Holiday Inn and other downtown hotels to POM - the metered fare should be about $10-12+tip.

We have not embarked from Port of Miami previously. We are looking for a clean, reasonably priced Hotel/Motel for one night in Feb/2016 located in the vicinity of the Port.

Can those with knowledge of the area suggest some options?

Feb is peak tourist season - the room that was under $100 in August can go for $300+/night in Feb. :eek:

What is your budget? Flying into MIA? FLL? Driving? :confused:

If you are arriving later in the day and just want a clean room and dinner there are some budget options near the MIA airport that offer both airport and port shuttles; La Quint East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center are the 3 most often suggested.

Give us some more details and the suggestions will be more useful and on target for your situation. :)

Is it walkable - yes. Would I walk it - no! Heat, humidity, lots of traffic (besides cruise ships there is a large cargo operation - so think tucks, cab and shuttle busses all in a hurry :eek:).

Taxis will happily take you from the Holiday Inn and other downtown hotels to POM - the metered fare should be about $10-12+tip.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Glad to hear taxi's will take you that short distance.