Am I being dumb?

The tag has your Room # on it so the Stewards can sort it quickly. They put them on a cart at the drop off lot in front of the entranceway and you get on the ship. They ask you to stay out of your cabin awhile so they can deliver all the luggage without interference although there are some who ignore it, Usually the same people who drive around with one eye shut and a thumb up in front of the other and say "I can't see you so you don't exist!"

First time cruiser - have become addicted to this website, can't get enough information to satisfy my OCD tendencies!

I read on the website that there is a luggage tag program for certain guests. If I am not in a suite or anything, will I be able to print my luggage tags beforehand?

As others have said, you will be able to print your own tags when your docs are issued, which usually occurs at 49 days pre-cruise.

Have you set up a MyCruises page with your reservation number on it?

You can either print the tags, cover them with packing tape, and attach them to your bags, or you can buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455329541&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tags+royal+caribbean

81pUgAu98GL._UX385_.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

First time cruiser - have become addicted to this website, can't get enough information to satisfy my OCD tendencies!

I read on the website that there is a luggage tag program for certain guests. If I am not in a suite or anything, will I be able to print my luggage tags beforehand?

You will be able to print them.

No such thing as a dumb question on CC, most folks on here are happy to help! However, if you want to stir things up and create controversy, havoc & flame wars, bring up tipping or dress code!! :D

Edited by IndyKid

Yes. There is a luggage tag template that comes with your cruise docs that are emailed about 7 or so weeks before you sail. Just print as many as you need.

The tag has your Room # on it so the Stewards can sort it quickly. They put them on a cart at the drop off lot in front of the entranceway and you get on the ship. They ask you to stay out of your cabin awhile so they can deliver all the luggage without interference although there are some who ignore it, Usually the same people who drive around with one eye shut and a thumb up in front of the other and say "I can't see you so you don't exist!"

Huh?

The tag has your Room # on it so the Stewards can sort it quickly. They put them on a cart at the drop off lot in front of the entranceway and you get on the ship. They ask you to stay out of your cabin awhile so they can deliver all the luggage without interference although there are some who ignore it,...
Admission to the cabin area is restricted so the cabins can be cleaned and made ready for the new passengers. Most luggage has NOT been delivered when the announcement is made opening cabin access.

I have been told that the reason you can't go to your room right away if you board quite early is so that they can clean the cabins. Also, your luggage most times arrives at all different times. You may get some bags before dinner and others after dinner. It's a good idea to pack something to wear for dinner in your carry on. The first night is always casual dress. Have a great cruise.

Everyone can print their luggage tags at about 7 weeks before the cruise.

Suite guests have the option of having luggage tags mailed to them.

Option of suite guests having luggage tags mailed to them seems to only apply to US residents. No longer true in UK. In the UK we must print our own tags. Not a big deal but something we only discovered after we followed up.

This seems to be a recent change as we got luggage tags mailed to us last year.

As others have said, you will be able to print your own tags when your docs are issued, which usually occurs at 49 days pre-cruise.

Have you set up a MyCruises page with your reservation number on it?

You can either print the tags, cover them with packing tape, and attach them to your bags, or you can buy these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455329541&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tags+royal+caribbean

81pUgAu98GL._UX385_.jpg

And all this time I have been playing and cutting with packing tape. Thanks Merion Mom!

Option of suite guests having luggage tags mailed to them seems to only apply to US residents. No longer true in UK. In the UK we must print our own tags. Not a big deal but something we only discovered after we followed up.

This seems to be a recent change as we got luggage tags mailed to us last year.

I believe you are correct, I now recall reading this a while back.