Cruise article about a lady who lives on board fulltime

notalandlover

Already posted several places on CC. EM

And your point is ??? The great majority of posters on CC are not as knowledgeable, intelligent,experienced and perceptive as you are...but owe you no apology. We're just ordinary folks...

Have a good day.

Cheers

Superb! why not?

New people and company all the time, things to do, entertainment....

Nice!

I hope they do her laundry for free! :-)

According to the artice, the lady pays nearly $450 a day for the privilege.

Would be intersting to know what that would cost on less exclusive ships.

It has been worked out on various threads that you could Cruise full time onboard for about 30-50k per year per couple with no land ties. (e.g.. property and taxes plus maintenance, car and insurance, groceries,cable etc.)

The longer you live onboard the better your perks will become over time. Change ships so you stay in North American/Caribbean waters for most of the year. Like Super Mario on RCCL who has over 5000+ sea days.

Cool story, right? Loved the post about how you can do it for a tad less than $164K!

There have been a handful of others. It's not typically promoted by cruise lines, but I had a chance some years back to talk with a lady named Lorraine, who lived on Royal Princess all year around. And there, famously, was the woman who lived aboard QE2 -- in a tiny inside cabin, mind you.

A pal who is onboard Oriana shared that there's a gentleman doing this on this P&O ship.

We're curious, and posted this in our blog yesterday: If you could live on a cruise ship, which ship would you pick?

(Link is here): http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2015/01/21/cruising-for-life-pick-your-ship/

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I thought the same thing. In fact when I saw the article I thought it was about another lady.

I have heard rumors of mysterious elderly ladies on other ships I have been on, but 2 years ago I actually saw 2 Spanish gentlemen on the Adventure OTS on a reposition from San Juan to Spain. They had taken the previous fall reposition to San Juan and stayed on the ship for the full winter season. They were sort of celebrities on the ship and everybody knew of them. They were somewhat eccentric and wore a variety of costumes to dinner every night.

And your point is ??? The great majority of posters on CC are not as knowledgeable, intelligent,experienced and perceptive as you are...but owe you no apology. We're just ordinary folks...

Have a good day.

Cheers

For heavens sake. Chill. You might live longer if you do. ;)

And, may you continue to cruise in interesting times. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947