Linking reservations

Easy to link on-line. You need to know reservation numbers.

In the 'Countdown to cruise' overview you do have 'Vacation Summary' with 'Cruise Planner' and 'Preferences & requests'

Click on 'Modify' for 'Preferences & requests' and enter the reservation number in order to 'Link these reservation numbers with mine'

But you can also call.

Having a senior moment have done it before but cannot remember how to do it need to link a reservation.

If the reservations are held by different travel agents, then each travel agent will have to call Royal to request the linking.

I imagine there is a way to link reservations online, but I simply called RCCL and they took care of that for us.

I never noticed there was a way to do it online When we do it, both parties have to call in and request it. After both parties to, it starts showing up online.

Edited by BillOh

"If the reservations are held by different travel agents, then each travel agent will have to call Royal to request the linking."

This is true. you have to have permission from each person to link and the different travel agents must call RCCL to have them linked. This is what C&A told me. I mentioned if was funny that they link complete strangers at dinner but can't link friends and family. The C&A agent agreed but stated that there had been problems in the past so this is the new rule. We were going to surprise some family at dinner the first night but had to make other planes to surprise them (they do not know we are going to be on board).

• 1 month later...

I made 2 reservations [family of 5; 2 rooms] and they are not linked. Under preference and request I cannot see any place to modify. I would like to change to mytime dining and link the reservations. I suppose I have to call.

Trish

I made 2 reservations [family of 5; 2 rooms] and they are not linked. Under preference and request I cannot see any place to modify. I would like to change to mytime dining and link the reservations. I suppose I have to call.

Trish

Calling would probably be the easiest. If you have cruised with Royal before, call the Crown & Anchor number: 800-526-9723.

Edited by clarea

• 4 weeks later...

Our friends booked by calling RCCL. We booked online. We have a heck of a time linking them because of that. We have had them link them about 3 times now and they still don't show as linked online.

I don't have the option to modify or link anything via the suggestions above.

Our friends booked by calling RCCL. We booked online. We have a heck of a time linking them because of that. We have had them link them about 3 times now and they still don't show as linked online.

One thing to confirm is that you all have the same dining. Linking won't be allowed unless all bookings have the same dining.

We've just booked our first multi-cabin cruise, which is also our first RCI cruise. Could someone please explain what the benefits of linking the reservations are?

If you have traditional dining, they will put you at the same table.

I know I've linked reservations before but I couldn't even find a "modify" button. I did see this in red letters at the top so I guess I need to call.

cor_systemerror_ico.gif Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner.
I guess I figured since I made these online at the same time that they would automatically be linked.

RCCL does not allow you to link reservations online anymore. Each cabin has to call and give their permission to have somebody else link the reservation for example my brother calls and says yes I give permission to have my table linked with my brother. And then I call give them my reservation number and my brother's reservation number and they will look it up to see if he gave permission and then they will link the two reservations.

Bob that is most likely why I wasn't able to Link our friends Reservation to our MTD, or they are under a group booking because it couldn't find their Reservation # Danny I didn't know that, ourselves and our friends both have our TA's would our TA be able to call in & link. it might be easier just to go to the dining room and say we wish to have friends join us at 6 PM.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Bob that is most likely why I wasn't able to Link our friends Reservation to our MTD, or they are under a group booking because it couldn't find their Reservation # Danny I didn't know that, ourselves and our friends both have our TA's would our TA be able to call in & link. it might be easier just to go to the dining room and say we wish to have friends join us at 6 PM.

Gay

I don't believe you can link a group booking with a non-group booking.

Best to just email rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise and request the same table that way.

Bob our friends are not sure they are part of a group booking, I only suggested the possibility when I couldn't like our reservations and got the answer, couldn't find their reservation. We both are using a different TA & have MTD. We are in the 3 week window right now, Cruise is October 19th. I will try and email, but would need both Booking #'s, so will need to ask our friends again for theirs. Thank you. We had planned on going to dining the day of boarding and let them know we wished to be at the same table since I already reserved for 6 PM.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Easy to link on-line. You need to know reservation numbers.

In the 'Countdown to cruise' overview you do have 'Vacation Summary' with 'Cruise Planner' and 'Preferences & requests'

Click on 'Modify' for 'Preferences & requests' and enter the reservation number in order to 'Link these reservation numbers with mine'.

RCCL does not allow you to link reservations online anymore. Each cabin has to call and give their permission to have somebody else link the reservation for example my brother calls and says yes I give permission to have my table linked with my brother. And then I call give them my reservation number and my brother's reservation number and they will look it up to see if he gave permission and then they will link the two reservations.

We just recently, like two weeks ago, linked online our two reservation along with another couple reservation for a total of three. All had the same dining and were booked directly with RCI. All that is needed is the confirmation numbers of the three reservation. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Gay

I have two reservations through my TA with the same situation. My niece was put in a group booking but I wasn't. My TA called Royal to link the two reservations. The RC agent said we couldn't link. (Hey, it's Sunday) I logged in to my niece's res and was able to add the 3 cruisers in my cabin to her 6PM MTD reservation for the first day of our cruise. I had previously tried to add them to mine, but that didn't work. Looks like I will have to do that for each day separately.

Gay

Yes the travel agent should be able to call and connect you but the best way is to send an email to RCL dining email and they'll take care of it.

One thing to confirm is that you all have the same dining. Linking won't be allowed unless all bookings have the same dining.

Yep! We have to verify that again I guess. We kept having them change that, too. But it keeps changing back it seems. Frustrating!