Dress clothes for the Captains Dinner

Cricket63

Do not wait till the last minute if you need to iron them. Go down the first afternoon/night or early the next morning to do this. The second night is the Captains dinner and you may end up waiting in line for 30 minutes or longer!

Assuming that the clothes you will be wearing are clean, the ship charge for PRESS ONLY is pretty reasonable. On a cruise a couple of years ago, I was charged less than $6 for 2 dress shirts and a pair of khakis(dockers) to be pressed. They did an awesome job...much better than I could/would have done.:)

Do not wait till the last minute if you need to iron them. Go down the first afternoon/night or early the next morning to do this. The second night is the Captains dinner and you may end up waiting in line for 30 minutes or longer!

This is a great tip, but which cruise line are you referring to?

We had dinner with the Captain on the Radiance of the Seas on Formal night. It was a fantastic experience.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I have a feeling the OP is talking about one of the formal nights and not necessarily talking about dining at the same table as the captain.

Again, it would help to know which cruise line and even ship you're talking about. And if you're giving advice, many passengers will have access to a self-service laundry room (that have irons and an ironing board one can use in that room) on some cruise lines such as Princess and Carnival. Most ships will have a pressing service for a fee. But the best bet is just packing carefully, take items that are wrinkle resistant, or just don't get overly concerned (and there are many of us in that last category). If you are concerned, bring along a spray that helps get rid of wrinkles and use your bathroom by turning on the shower for some minutes.

My advice is to send out anything that needs ironing when you arrive the first day and pay the whopping $15 in laundry fees you'd incur. Take what you pay per minute in cruise fare, transportation, and tips and I'm guessing you'd more than break even.