Wait till Monday or Book NOW

Texas

Just found a really good sale on Princess . Called my travel agent yesterday, but no answer (it's Christmas so I understand). I am concerned if we wait (3 couples) until Monday, we may lose out. Should we book directly with cruise line or say a prayer and wait until Monday (hopefully, agent will be working). Feedback appreciated.

I believe you can book directly with princess and then switch your reservation to your TA at a later time. I prefer to book with the cruiseline directly unless it is a great deal. when I used the TA I had to jump thru hoops to get rate reductions.

If the deal is really great, why not jump on it and book it online via the Princess site. That way you will have secured your spot, gotten a cabin that suits you, and gotten the great deal. Then on Monday you can call your TA and tell them what you did.

Thanks for all the prompt replies. I booked on line - and then the last option was to "Place on hold" until tomorrow. We love our TA and will give her until Noon tomorrow, but I doubt she can beat the deal on line. We have a mini-suite that is half of what we paid for a balcony last year! We are happy.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

Thanks for all the prompt replies. I booked on line - and then the last option was to "Place on hold" until tomorrow. We love our TA and will give her until Noon tomorrow, but I doubt she can beat the deal on line. We have a mini-suite that is half of what we paid for a balcony last year! We are happy.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

TA can match any rate that you book direct and more often beat it because Princess allow TA's to discount their current rates.

Anyhow , can transfer what is held , to the TA if you wish not to ask for a better deal or OBC .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MCC retired

I booked one of our cruises at the last minute on a weekend and learned that bookings made after the final payment date can't be transferred to a TA. It worked out well for us since the price went up by the time he was open on Monday.